Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Painting Portraits and other Patch goodies

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
This March patch is awesome! The "paint by reference" is a wish come true. So far, my Sim Scarlet Firecracker has painted her daughter, Maria:

TS4%202015-03-26%2018-35-44-37_zpsogugnxfy.jpg

And her husband Don Lothario

TS4%202015-03-26%2018-43-14-27_zpswn35qxek.jpg

My two gripes though: I love the "painting" look - but a higher resolution would be nicer. (But with Get To Work, the photo studio I think will have perfect pictures, so having this more painterly look is OK with me.) And secondly, in the Sims 2, I used "Paint Still Life' all the time to make Sim portraits. In the Sims 4, I'm locked into the painter's field of vision and can't freely roam the lot. This makes taking custom pictures a pain to "set up". :( Gives us free camera mode!!

Also the new hair and lipstick colors!! <3

TS4%202015-03-26%2017-19-19-00_zpsyjcratsf.jpg

(This face is a female modification of Ollie Perdue, lol).

And the little world main screen - the animations are SO CUTE!

The walking dinosaur

TS4%202015-03-26%2018-55-04-27_zpsdtdxi3ra.jpg

And the lighthouse with the waves. Little thing, but so awesome!

TS4%202015-03-26%2018-54-59-93_zpsnxatjmsg.jpg

Can't wait for Get To Work! Wish I had more time to play this month! :(

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Do you have any problems with the painting from reference? Cuz every time I go into the camera mode, my cursor doesn't move and I can only use the keyboard arrows to move the screen around and also the C key instead of hitting the camera button.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay Sorry took so long to get back to you. Was at work all day :)

I did have a little trouble understanding how to work the camera at first. As soon as the camera-view pops up, I tried to TAB and fly around the lot (like in the Sims 2 where "Still Life painting" pretty much lets you paint whatever you capture anywhere. I wish it was like this!!), but in the Sims 4, you are restrained to your painter Sim's point of reference. So I realized just left-clicking anywhere on the screen seemed to toggle on and toggle off whether or not the camera was moving with your mouse, or using the little "camera box" that has the zoom icons and stuff. Once I had everything lined up, I just hit the camera button on the screen, but C would work, too. So just try left-clicking!

Thank you for asking - hope you enjoy making some wonderful paintings :)
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @RachelRosebud I'm going to try this tonight! Thank you.
  • Options
    Forgot to add - I wish we had the ability to "Gift" Sims objects from our Sim's inventories... like paintings. If my Sim is busy making portraits of other Sims, how can I give it to them to hang it at home (I play rotationally) unless I temporarily move that Sim in the painter's house, fill up their inventory with their "gift" and then move them back home.

So "Give Gift" interaction to give other Sims inventory items is much needed!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I love the ask about career topic now. The answers give the names of where Sims work. Some of them are really cute. Like Bob Pancakes being not just a mixologist, but a mixologist at "Make a Dish"... and the Mailman works for Mail & Packages Inc (lol), and Scarlet isn't "unemployed" - she's a Stay at Home Mom!! <3

TS4%202015-03-27%2020-05-14-44_zpsxnnjpy0n.jpg
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I love the ask about career topic now. The answers give the names of where Sims work. Some of them are really cute. Like Bob Pancakes being not just a mixologist, but a mixologist at "Make a Dish"... and the Mailman works for Mail & Packages Inc (lol), and Scarlet isn't "unemployed" - she's a Stay at Home Mom!! <3

TS4%202015-03-27%2020-05-14-44_zpsxnnjpy0n.jpg

That's so cute!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait a stay at home mom is a job now? Or considered one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Forgot to add - I wish we had the ability to "Gift" Sims objects from our Sim's inventories... like paintings. If my Sim is busy making portraits of other Sims, how can I give it to them to hang it at home (I play rotationally) unless I temporarily move that Sim in the painter's house, fill up their inventory with their "gift" and then move them back home.

So "Give Gift" interaction to give other Sims inventory items is much needed!!!!!!!!!
    Aww that would be so awesome but I need the tablets to be more like TS3 now LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I did have a little trouble understanding how to work the camera at first. As soon as the camera-view pops up, I tried to TAB and fly around the lot (like in the Sims 2 where "Still Life painting" pretty much lets you paint whatever you capture anywhere. I wish it was like this!!), but in the Sims 4, you are restrained to your painter Sim's point of reference. So I realized just left-clicking anywhere on the screen seemed to toggle on and toggle off whether or not the camera was moving with your mouse, or using the little "camera box" that has the zoom icons and stuff. Once I had everything lined up, I just hit the camera button on the screen, but C would work, too. So just try left-clicking!

Okay, I shall try that. I did try right clicking yesterday and that was the only way to toggle off the 'TAB' mode and I couldn't toggle it on again. But I'll see if I can do that with the left click.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I absolutely love this patch! I think the painting update has to be my favorite :)
    original.gif
  • Options
    Wait a stay at home mom is a job now? Or considered one.
    It's just labeled -- an answer to the Ask About Career question. My Sim in question is still happily unemployed and a proud mother. :)@pepperjax1230
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Okay, I shall try that. I did try right clicking yesterday and that was the only way to toggle off the 'TAB' mode and I couldn't toggle it on again. But I'll see if I can do that with the left click.
    @DeKay Have you tried it? Did it work?
  • Options
    @RachelRosebud: Yes, I did try it! It works like a charm! Thank you so much. :)
    x3vZicL.gif