Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Reset my family tree

So, like the title says my current family tree has been reset to just the living sims. I was on my 9th generation and loved looking at how large the tree had gotten went to look at it after my twins aged up to see and its only the parents and kids left. Anyone else have this happen today?

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I think it refreshes once you get a certan amount of Sims on it. Have your Sims had a baby recently?
  • Options
    NotsoGloriaNotsoGloria Posts: 109 Member
    yeah the max limit for the family tree is 10 or 9 I'm
    not exactly sure but I'm 50% sure that's its not a glitch
    tumblr_ngsp96Ruil1s6441yo1_500.gif
  • Options
    MsBubbles89MsBubbles89 Posts: 69 Member
    I think it refreshes once you get a certan amount of Sims on it. Have your Sims had a baby recently?

No recent babies family tree was there last night, But not today. But i was not aware there was a limited amount of space on the family tree. thanks.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Ok, now I am scared to patch. That would ruin the game for me :(
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    For me, the sims are gone but their spot is still on the tree. It's weird lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Mine was reset too!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooo! My 5 generation family is gone :(:(

• Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    Actually, I lost all of my extended family. Rood.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,042 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    For me, the sims are gone but their spot is still on the tree. It's weird lol

This is what happened to me. There's just a blank profile photo showing that someone did exist there, but I can't click on it and there's no names.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    That's terrible! It shouldn't be doing deleting family trees. Luckily I'm on my first generation, have you contacted the gurus?
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,042 Member
    Capture_zpsspe166vp.jpg

This is what it looks like in my game. Also, the names have been erased from their graves.
  • Options
    SamDub21SamDub21 Posts: 5 New Member
    Same thing happened to me. I am at my 4th Generation and I can't see the Sims above the 3rd. Plus, I can't see the 1st one.. :/
    Also, my Sims lost all friendships/relationships they had that is not in their family...
  • Options
    RovenalrRovenalr Posts: 2 New Member
    Same happened to me, my first sims desappeared from the family tree. I'm really sad now :/
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I just noticed this happened to me too, idk if I can blame it on the patch because I don't check the family tree every often, but it definitely stinks. I can only go back maybe 5 generations now, and then the Sim at the top has a blank picture.
    I've been playing the same family since December and had a lotttttt of generations that seem to now be gone...
  • Options
    > @surraaaaaa said:
    > I just noticed this happened to me too, idk if I can blame it on the patch because I don't check the family tree every often, but it definitely stinks. I can only go back maybe 5 generations now, and then the Sim at the top has a blank picture.
    > I've been playing the same family since December and had a lotttttt of generations that seem to now be gone...

Trust me, I look at Family Trees every time I play and last night, it was still working. To be honest, it happened while I was playing earlier today. I remember look at the Tree: everything was fine. A while later, the bug happened..

Hope they will do a patch for that!
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Last night is when I checked and it was all gone haha, I'm at work so I haven't played yet or even got the update yet hah
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Are any of you playing with no mods at all? (Just checking if it could be a mod interfering)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Are any of you playing with no mods at all? (Just checking if it could be a mod interfering)

No I'm not! My game is all clear.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Okay. Could you one of you start a topic here too - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs? (I can't confirm the bug in my own game, as I never look at genealogy to know what was there before)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ApoloApolo Posts: 58 Member
    > @mojot89 said:
    > This is what it looks like in my game. Also, the names have been erased from their graves.

I have the same problem! hope they can fix it with a patch soon..
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2015
    I often check my family tree. I actually did alot to get to this point in my game and now it's all gone. I don't even feel like playing now.
    And I don't play with any mods. It must be the patch, because it was normal yesterday. I'm afraid it all has been deleted and cannot be fixed.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    TildeL wrote: »
    I check my family tree often. I actually did alot to get to this point in my game and now it's all gone. I don't even feel like playing now.
    And I don't play with any mods. It must be the patch, because it was normal yesterday. I'm afraid it all has been deleted and cannot be fixed.

sorry can you also try to repair your game to see if it helps, close game open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon select repair
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I check my family tree often. I actually did alot to get to this point in my game and now it's all gone. I don't even feel like playing now.

sorry can you also try to repair your game to see if it helps, close game open origin under my games right click on sims 4 icon select repair
    I just did what you said and nothing happened. :/
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I just did what you said and nothing happened. :/

well thanks for trying :(
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    1. before updating with a new patch ALWAYS make a copy of your saves

2. before launching the game remove localthumbcache

3. lower the game settings, it could be performance issues
    restart then the game once again

4. i would also recommend to use the No More Culling mod by Dark Gaia at MTS <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    1. before updating with a new patch ALWAYS make a copy of your saves

2. before launching the game remove localthumbcache

3. lower the game settings, it could be performance issues
    restart then the game once again

4. i would also recommend to use the No More Culling mod by Dark Gaia at MTS <<<

have you confirmed no more culling mod doesnt need updating?