Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Easter Egg Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Is it supposed to be an event that gets you something after the event? First thing I did when I loaded the game was the debug cheat to get all 10 eggs. It just told me something would be on the way. (Was just curious what all the new stuff looked like)

Haven't let a day play out yet since I was just testing things. (like getting +60 for max career).

I won't post here what comes though, since I don't want to spoil anything. (Assuming something shows up, the event confuses me.)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Just checked my Mailbox and I got my first egg! It's like cream/yellow with blue zig-zag stripes on it.
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Really love this idea, going to hunt for some eggs as soon as the patch is done installing!
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Can someone post a pic of it for me know what I should be looking?
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Is it supposed to be an event that gets you something after the event? First thing I did when I loaded the game was the debug cheat to get all 10 eggs. It just told me something would be on the way. (Was just curious what all the new stuff looked like)

Haven't let a day play out yet since I was just testing things. (like getting +60 for max career).

I won't post here what comes though, since I don't want to spoil anything. (Assuming something shows up, the event confuses me.)

lol...cheater!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

You can use the cheat to get all 10 eggs? I'll do that.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @LaAbby wrote: »

You can use the cheat to get all 10 eggs? I'll do that.

Where is the fun in that? :O
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    @FullSpiral xD I'm too curious to wait!

@LaAbby yup :) - It even registered in the collections panel. Just had to click and drag it into my sims inventory.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    @FullSpiral xD I'm too curious to wait!

@LaAbby yup :) - It even registered in the collections panel. Just had to click and drag it into my sims inventory.

Nice, I would have done it but those loading screens just kill it for me. Cheating for me it is :3
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Anyone else already unlocked the Challenge reward???
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Anyone else already unlocked the Challenge reward???

If you do please give a spoiler alert.

• Options
    ihartsnapeihartsnape Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've found 9 of the 10 so far while harvesting plants in my Sim's garden.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Will they remove this from the game later? :O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2015

muwhaha! I'm soo doing that >:) I wanna see what I get lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    I wonder if the eggs are added to the catalog if we find them or if they are only for the original sim families that find them this April. Hmm...
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    BlargghhBlargghh Posts: 46 Member
    Found FIVE eggs just by harvesting in my garden. :P I guess the Easter bunny was lazy?
  • Options
    I don't understand, do egs spawn or are they something we get in the loot boxes or fishing?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also do we need to enable data transfer for this too?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlargghhBlargghh Posts: 46 Member
    I think they have a chance of finding one when you're getting other collectibles, hence why I found them when harvesting my garden. So, you can probably also find them in fishing holes, frog things, and by digging rocks. Just a theory, but that's what I think. :)
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 912 Member
    I guess none will be laying around? We'll have to garden, look for frogs... has anyone found any by digging yet?
    Druscylla wrote: »
    I wonder if the eggs are added to the catalog if we find them or if they are only for the original sim families that find them this April. Hmm...

I was wondering this. Because if the event is over after April, does that mean the eggs will disappear and we'll never see them again. Or does it mean we can still find the eggs, but just won't get a reward for finding them again.

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Do you think they will add the Social Bunny NPC along with Fireman and other NPC's in the future patch as a reward for this? Or is it just an object?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,910 Member
    I guess none will be laying around? We'll have to garden, look for frogs... has anyone found any by digging yet?
    Druscylla wrote: »

I was wondering this. Because if the event is over after April, does that mean the eggs will disappear and we'll never see them again. Or does it mean we can still find the eggs, but just won't get a reward for finding them again.

I'm wondering also because they sound like a nice item to sell in a shop. If they're in inventory only maybe we'll be able to clone them.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I found six inside the capsules from digging.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    I've found a bunch (including duplicates) by fishing, looking for frogs, gardening, making salad, in the mail and digging. So I think all these things grant the potential to find an egg - I kind of wish they were out in the park to find by players but this is a fun idea.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,910 Member