Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd love the "Eat Leftover..." option back!

LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but almost every time I have my sims make meals, I have them make party size meals of something. It might take a little longer up front, but I always like having leftovers in the fridge!
I really liked having the "Eat Leftover..." option on the fridge.
I don't know if there was a specific reason that they decided to leave this out. If anyone knows, I'd love to find out!
CyXin77.gif
American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
Origin ID: texeganjane
How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!
Post edited by LBDX on

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If you click on the hunger icon in the Needs panel (the bulb at the end of the need bar), Sims will automatically grab leftovers from the fridge -- but they're not all that picky about what they eat. If I've had a birthday recently in the household they tend to go for the leftover cake, or they'll have chicken stir-fry for breakfast or eggs and toast for dinner. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I do like the auto-solve function, but I miss being able to actually pick what they want to eat. I'd rather be able to have them eat a leftover frittata in the morning rather than leftover cheesecake, heh.
    CyXin77.gif
  • Options
    Raven_1991Raven_1991 Posts: 11 New Member
    Ta about that hunger thing I didn't even think of that I was getting sick of pushing open and grab a serving =\
  • Options
    > @Raven_1991 said:
    > Ta about that hunger thing I didn't even think of that I was getting sick of pushing open and grab a serving =\

That's what I do now instead of doing the auto-solve. I would just rather them not eat sweets all of the time if I can avoid it! Heh.
    CyXin77.gif
  • Options
    Raven_1991Raven_1991 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm just mean and don't even let them have the birthday cake - they have to cry it out all the time haha
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I hate having to open for leftovers. Know what game did that? TS2.
    There's a reason that TS3 gave us the "eat leftovers" option! And it was something I took for granted until TS4 came out, lol. Never again.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    If you click on the hunger icon in the Needs panel (the bulb at the end of the need bar), Sims will automatically grab leftovers from the fridge -- but they're not all that picky about what they eat. If I've had a birthday recently in the household they tend to go for the leftover cake, or they'll have chicken stir-fry for breakfast or eggs and toast for dinner. :|
    I'll admit, sheepishly, that I do this in real life. I've been known to eat left over eggplant parm for breakfast or whatever else happens to be in there :P

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member

Personally, I love breakfast for dinner! YUMMY :p

Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I agree, I want this function back.Auto solve is nice, but sometimes I want to select what my sims are going to eat without having to do a bunch of extra clicks to "open" then "grab a plate" then to switch back to my needs panel because opening the fridge also opens your sim's inventory. It gets annoying. I like to hit "eat leftovers" and then choose what I want from the pie menu.