Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Adjust The Ear-to-Ear 'Happy' Smile

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Now that it appears nobody likes this (and though not as much, sims in the predecessors have this strange grin as well), why on earth do the creators give sims that smile in their games. Why do they think it's a good idea? I don't get it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Bump because this is still an important topic.
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    This bugs me so much! I really hope they fix it
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I really dislike the smile that has been given to ALL sims. No matter what face you shape when you create a character, that smile makes them all sims look related because it changes every face you make into the same face when the sims smile, which is much of the time.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Isn't it edited now at this point?
    I mean I noticed their smiles are smaller and their sad and uncomfortable faces are now different too since the patch.

I actually like these smaller smiles better than the huge grins.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @Toreshinbo Yeah, around the toddler patch or somewhat later they made it less excessive. Still somewhat too much, but it's definitely better now.

And I agree about the smaller smiles. They are much more natural.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    While I'm at it, the "energized" and "very angry" walk-- Not a fan of that, the "energized" one looks a bit too goofy, the "very angry" one, with the bent-over stomping-- hmm - an option there would be nice, too. Some time down the road, of course.

I can def understand the irritation with it, but -- that angry, stomp walk gives me the giggles every time. :D

At least all of the Sims don't walk around that way. Seems to me they do in Sims3. Which is what took me by surprise right off. I thought my Sims' trait was creating that style of walk, then I had a better look around at the household, and they all walked that way. :o That's one of the things I hated about Sims3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    While I'm at it, the "energized" and "very angry" walk-- Not a fan of that, the "energized" one looks a bit too goofy, the "very angry" one, with the bent-over stomping-- hmm - an option there would be nice, too. Some time down the road, of course.

I can def understand the irritation with it, but -- that angry, stomp walk gives me the giggles every time. :D

At least all of the Sims don't walk around that way. Seems to me they do in Sims3. Which is what took me by surprise right off. I thought my Sims' trait was creating that style of walk, then I had a better look around at the household, and they all walked that way. :o That's one of the things I hated about Sims3.
    Sims in 3 only walk angry (or disappointed) when they are angry or disappointed and that's only at very rare and obvious occasions (losing the lottery, being jilted). An entire household stomping..? That's Sims 4, definitely not 3. You must mean you hate that about Sims 4. I know I do.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yeah, my sims are always happy which ain't always realistic, and it doesn't help for storytelling. I'm scared to use mods but it's awfully tempting...any of them good for Macs? It'd be nice to nullify those nicely decorated and high needs happy moodlets so that my sims will sometimes be just Fine.I looked at the ones posted here and they looked pretty neat.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Yeah, my sims are always happy which ain't always realistic, and it doesn't help for storytelling. I'm scared to use mods but it's awfully tempting...any of them good for Macs? It'd be nice to nullify those nicely decorated and high needs happy moodlets so that my sims will sometimes be just Fine.I looked at the ones posted here and they looked pretty neat.

The modds that remove the happy-environment-buffs are a gamechanger. No longer will your sim come home from work and be instantly happy. I get a lot more fine, a lot more bored and all those slightly "negative" emotions. It made the game much more interesting to play for me at least.

Here is one version but there are others out there:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594488
  • Options
    Thank you @SilentKitty. Do you use this version? I've only got the base game and parenthood right now, and I know that some mods might not work if you don't have certain packs (I've never used a mod before. I have no idea what to do). I should really check out the Mac section too. They might be able to tell me something about which ones are OK to use :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thank you @SilentKitty. Do you use this version? I've only got the base game and parenthood right now, and I know that some mods might not work if you don't have certain packs (I've never used a mod before. I have no idea what to do). I should really check out the Mac section too. They might be able to tell me something about which ones are OK to use :)

I would love to help but it is getting late over here in my corner of the world. I will be back to see if you got it sorted :)

Go over to the modding-part of the forum and see if you find any intro to mods. Perhaps Carl's Sims 4-site has a tutorial?

Good luck and I will swing by here again.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Thank you SilentKitty. Do you use this version? I've only got the base game and parenthood right now, and I know that some mods might not work if you don't have certain packs (I've never used a mod before. I have no idea what to do). I should really check out the Mac section too. They might be able to tell me something about which ones are OK to use :)

I played S4 on Mac. The mods are universal. Never had an issue with any of the ones I used. Just make sure the ones you choose are updated to the latest game patch. That's the only thing you need to worry about.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Thanks @kremesch73 :)