Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to move the "social box"?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.
When sims socialize, there is a little box at the top of the screen in the center that shows the relationships and moods of the people socializing. When I say "social box" or just "box" in this post, that's what I'm referring to.
I am wondering if there is any way to move the social box around or close it; I haven't found a way to do that but I figure it could involve some key pressing or some fancy trick (or something right in front of me that I'm just not seeing). I want to move it or close it because it gets in the way. I prefer to have the camera all the way zoomed in when I play so I can see their faces. When I do this, though, the box covers up people's heads. I have to pause the game and work the camera around to find the angle where the box is covering the least up, and I do this every time they move some place else (unless they are sitting on a low seat - not barstool - because then they are low enough the box ain't in the way). If I could move it around, I might be able to find a spot that doesn't get in the way as much, and if not, I wouldn't mind moving it around as much as having to readjust the camera. It's really not that big of a deal, but it is quite annoying.
So if someone can tell me if there is a way to move or close the social box, I'd appreciate it. =)

Comments

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't think there is a way. Maybe you can post this in the ideas section because closing or minimizing it would be good idea. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    edited March 2015
    You can't close it, but you can go to TAB mode (hit the Tab key on your keyboard; from there, you also use 'w', 'x', 'a' and 'd' to move) if you like to just watch your sims have the conversations without the box at the top.
    Note: The downside of this is that you can't see the speech bubbles.

Happy simming.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    > @candace92 said:
    > I don't think there is a way. Maybe you can post this in the ideas section because closing or minimizing it would be good idea. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks candace92. I think I might mention this over in that section.

> @DeKay said:
    > You can't close it, but you can go to TAB mode (hit the Tab key on your keyboard; from there, you also use 'w', 'x', 'a' and 'd' to move) if you like to just watch your sims have the conversations without the box at the top.
    > Note: The downside of this is that you can't see the speech bubbles.
    >
    > Happy simming.

Thank you a lot DeKay. I will try that. It's not perfect but right now is better than nothing when the box is really getting in the way. I appreciate your response and thanks for noting also that the speech bubbles go away. Also I didn't know about the "w", "x", "a", and "a" thing. Thanks so much for sharing all that!! :)

Have a great day and happy simming to both of you. :)