Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bakery question

my question is without new aspirations how will it work. my sim is going to open a bakery but he has the aspiration to be level so and so in culinary, how is that going to work? i don't mind for story purposes if he has to work a little while and than quit to open a bakery but it would have been nice to have new aspirations to go with the new careers.

Comments

• Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    @mariepeek28 I totally agree. I just started an aspiration for someone as a Chef, but really wanted her to be a baker. I wonder if she'll be able to shift to baker later or have to start over???
  • Options
    loonylongbottomloonylongbottom Posts: 31 Member
    I hadn't thought of that! I don't remember anything being mentioned about aspirations, but I REALLY hope we can change their aspirations to fit the new careers. I'll be so bummed if we can't. :\
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I hadn't thought of that! I don't remember anything being mentioned about aspirations, but I REALLY hope we can change their aspirations to fit the new careers. I'll be so bummed if we can't. :\

As far as I recall, you can chop and change aspirations any time you like.
  • Options
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > loonylongbottom wrote: »
    >
    > I hadn't thought of that! I don't remember anything being mentioned about aspirations, but I REALLY hope we can change their aspirations to fit the new careers. I'll be so bummed if we can't.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As far as I recall, you can chop and change aspirations any time you like.

Yeah we can change their aspirations any time. I just hadn't noticed anything being said about new aspirations. So one to own a successful bakery, to reach the top of the detective career, etc. Ya know?
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

As far as I recall, you can chop and change aspirations any time you like.

Yeah but I think the OP is saying that because of the master chef aspiration(to get the reward trait for no food spoilage), the sim will have to be in the culinary career and OP would rather have a bakery instead of go thru the culinary career. Or at least that's my interpretation of the OP's post.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    > @loubyloulou said:

> I hadn't thought of that! I don't remember anything being mentioned about aspirations, but I REALLY hope we can change their aspirations to fit the new careers. I'll be so bummed if we can't.

Yeah we can change their aspirations any time. I just hadn't noticed anything being said about new aspirations. So one to own a successful bakery, to reach the top of the detective career, etc. Ya know?

I saw in a video (Simsvip's part 1 or 2 of her interview with SGGraham) where they confirmed that there are no new aspirations or traits with this EP :( Boo, as I was really looking forward to trying out some new ones... Particularly for children - I'm sooooo bored of doing the same four over and over.

Edited to make the quote neater :)
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    > @loubyloulou said:

I saw in a video (Simsvip's part 1 or 2 of her interview with SGGraham) where they confirmed that there are no new aspirations or traits with this EP :( Boo, as I was really looking forward to trying out some new ones... Particularly for children - I'm sooooo bored of doing the same four over and over.

Edited to make the quote neater :)
    me too i think they could have made some really neat new ones.
  • Options
    my point was that i wish they would have made new aspirations to go with the new careers. it would make sense instead of having to do other things while trying to run a bakery.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up! That is so disappointing! :\
  • Options
    @loubyloulou Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up! That is so disappointing! :\

Yeah, and surprising too. I guess they could only squeeze so much new gameplay in and some things had to be left out... I think for my Sims in active careers or retail I'm going to give them aspirations totally the opposite of what they might be doing for a living, so, for example, my scientist Sim might be a painter in her spare time.

I know it's not the same thing, but you could always work your way through all the new achievements (http://simsvip.com/2015/03/13/the-sims-4-get-to-work-new-achievements/) and imagine that they're kinda sorta aspirations to give your game direction (though you get no reward other than the points).
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I think that because sims can have jobs and own/run businesses that the only way to have a job in culinary would be by becoming a chef. I know that there is a level in the chef branch with the title "pastry chef". This is probably as close as we'll get.

It does suck that there weren't any new traits or aspirations. But, it doesn't bother me so much, as a celebrity chef(the top of the culinary chef career branch) can technically be a pastry chef. Your chefs can specialize in any school of culinary arts that you decide, it's your game. They are your stories.

I personally plan to make a chef with maxed out baking skill, and enough cooking and gourmet cooking to qualify as a pastry chef. I'm going to make them run the best bakery on this side of sim city. Their croissants will make sims taste-buds weep with joy.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    ZephreyZephrey Posts: 40 Member
    It's rather disappointing there seems to be no new traits and aspirations. I was really looking forward to new traits. Heck, even the GP added new traits.

A side note, I have a Bakery question myself. If you open a bakery, do Sims sit at tables at your bakery and eat the food or just buy and leave? I know in the trailer they have Sim's sitting down and eating but as we know, that's not always true and is often used to spice up the video. I'm going to be extremely disappointed, if they just buy and leave.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Zephrey wrote: »
    It's rather disappointing there seems to be no new traits and aspirations. I was really looking forward to new traits. Heck, even the GP added new traits.

A side note, I have a Bakery question myself. If you open a bakery, do Sims sit at tables at your bakery and eat the food or just buy and leave? I know in the trailer they have Sim's sitting down and eating but as we know, that's not always true and is often used to spice up the video. I'm going to be extremely disappointed, if they just buy and leave.

I think someone at that event, or maybe a guru tweet said they do sit and eat. I'm not 100% sure though.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    i would be disappointed also!
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Maybe they will just adjust some of the existing chef traits to include bakery items/skills? Instead of Achieve Level 5 of Gourmet Cooking Skill maybe it could include OR Bakery skill. Cook 20 Excellent Large Meals could say OR sell 20 baked goods to customers.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Right now I am saving all my aspiration points to see if there are new buyable traits that go along with the new careers. Like in OR we got grill masters. There may be something in there to go along with it.
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    Perhaps they will change the aspirations so that to become a Master Chef you can go through the Culinary Career or Have a successful bakery? They have changed the requirements for aspirations in the past, so perhaps they will do it again. Though I think adding new aspirations would be easier than changing them all the time.
  • Options
    KimmaperezKimmaperez Posts: 8 New Member
    I am not sure how compatible certain aspirations will be but for the bakery and retail stores I will probably use fabulously wealthy; I haven't really used it up until this point but business and money complement each other.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

You can change aspiration at any time LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2015
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    @mariepeek28 I totally agree. I just started an aspiration for someone as a Chef, but really wanted her to be a baker. I wonder if she'll be able to shift to baker later or have to start over???

Well if you play with the Sims 4 long enough, you should be able complete his/her "master chef" aspiration, and than when he/she reaches the top of the culinary career, he/she will have lots of money and could quit his/her job and start a bakery.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i want to try all of them....
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 What I meant was that I was hoping there'd be new aspirations in this expansion to change to instead of the same ones we've had all this time. "LOL"
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @Sigzy05 What I meant was that I was hoping there'd be new aspirations in this expansion to change to instead of the same ones we've had all this time. "LOL"

Oh ok.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Sadly, I saw on a guru interview that there are no new aspirations or traits... :( I was hoping for the same thing - a bit bored with the ones we have now... Oh well, maybe the next game pack will have a couple more :)
  • Options
    @loubyloulou Right?! I'm bored with them too. It seems like all my sims have such similar personalities. I need new traits pronto :s