Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homeless Challenge

lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
Hello everyone. This is going to be the thread for my homeless challenge (which can also be found on Tumblr here).

***Just as a note, I’m NOT following the rules. I started doing this out of curiosity before I even read the rules. If you want to see the real homeless challenge rules, they can be found here.

In this, I’ve decided that I can go anywhere I want, I can’t use the cellphone (except to travel), and I can’t start building a house until I reach $5,000. I’ll also be paying the bills even without a house there just to make gaining money a little harder. The challenge will end once I’ve reached either $10,000 or $20,000 (I haven’t decided yet. The decision relies on how long this particular game save keeps my attention.) There’s no age limit so the challenge doesn’t end if my sim becomes an elder. It doesn’t matter. My sim will also not be allowed to start building a family until she has a feasibly livable house to live in.

Those are the only rules I’m really following.

Day 1
Day 2 & 3
Day 4 (Coming Soon!)

Now then, here’s my sim. In this “story”, she’s wearing a CC dress but the download does not have it. Also, the download version of her has a different aspiration and different traits. I changed those in order to make it more relatable to this challenge and her being homeless.

The CC dress can be found here

Annabelle Rose (download here) *Can also search the hashtag lopithecus or lopi and you'll find her there.

Aspiration: Nature {Freelance Botanist – Collector}
Traits:
  • Loves Outdoors
  • Loner
  • Creative

Everyday
jvzeh9a

Formal
ks83uwt

Athletic
lmuuj5n

Sleepwear
kezoftu

Party
lgravjq

Swimwear
n577lda

Now onto the challenge.
k55mmxl
"The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
SuperBat ruined my life!<3
Post edited by lopithecus on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Can also be found on Tumblr here.

nnnlhfs

Here is Annabelle on her new plot of land in Willow Creek.
    obm2sdz
    pcsa6u7

I took a look around the neighborhood and was actually pleased with what I found.

Here’s a bench that is really close to her land. Just off to the side of it.
    o72x73b

A grill and a fishing spot that are also really close to her land. These will come in handy.
    oruqxcv

There’s a little park area that has a garden already in it. That’ll make gathering things easier if I don’t want to go all around the neighborhood and waste time and energy.
    nnvk4d4
    nskf4fd

There’s a couple of chess tables that she can use to gain some logic skill.
    l5xzs68

Another grill.
    me8ylkx

And a bathroom
    k2htvf4

So to start things off, I decided to have Annabelle go fishing at the fishing spot closest to her plot of land.
    mph2c8x

I then had her go and collect some stuff, starting with that log you can see in the previous picture.
    kskxxms

I basically just went around the whole neighborhood collecting and harvesting as many things as possible in order to get some money flowing in and to start a garden of her own.

Rocks and gems
    lg49gz2

And wild plants that were ready to be harvested.
    ldbawyu

Annabelle then started to get really hungry so I looked around some of the grill sites until I found one in which someone has already made something to eat. Luckily there was one.
    ldxnrgz
    k9svfpm

Some other sims joined her and Annabelle really liked having the company and someone to talk to after a long day.
    mq9nhot

Before going home, I had Annabelle go to the bathroom using the community restrooms.
    lfoxrbk
    kymcvjd

She then went home and began her garden.
    ldfosf2
    pfx39fj
    pyj4xod

Annabelle is actually kind of looking sad at how small her garden is. Don’t worry, Anna, soon it’ll house a lot more plants than that.
    pcgsnlp

So then, after a long and hard first day, Annabelle finally settled down to sleep on her bench.
    p6d932s

p3pkkst

Day 1::

Found/Harvested:
    • 3 time capsules with trophies - prices Vary
    • One rock with plant fossil - $70.00
    • 4 Lillie's - $3.00/piece
    • 3 Snapdragons - $4.00/piece
    • 1 Hematite - $60.00
    • 1 Dirt Frog - $10.00
    • 1 Striped eggplant frog - $10.00

Fished:
    • 1 Perch - $7.00
    • 1 Minnow - $5.00

Sold items:
    • My Sims trophy - $20.00
    • Chef Gino trophy - $20.00
    • Dr. F - $75.00
    • Fossilized Plant Imprint - $70.00
    • Striped Eggplant Frog - $10.00
    • Dirt Frog - $10.00
    • Perch - $7.00
    • Minnow - $5.00
    • Snapdragon - $4.00/piece (2 pieces - $8.00)
    • Lily - $3.00/piece (3 pieces - $9.00)

Keeps:
    • Hematite - $60.00

Spent:
    • N/A

Total: $234.00

And there you go. Gaining $234.00 in one day isn’t all that bad in my opinion. Other days will be posted gradually whenever I get to them. I’ll try to post at the very least once a week but there’s no guarantee. Either way, I’m going to try really hard not to give up on this and keep this going until the end of the challenge.

Annabelle is currently on day 8 in my game but I want to stagger when I post the days instead of all in one go.

Please let me know what you think as I continue this.
    Post edited by lopithecus on
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Can also be found on Tumblr here.

tumblr_inline_nlsnn3jog81siuub1_250.png

Day two started before the sun even came up. I had Annabelle fish first thing in the morning since she didn’t get any on the first day. She didn’t end up catching anything, though, since I didn’t have her doing that for very long.
    tumblr_inline_nlsnqend7z1siuub1_500.png

Side note: Look at her poor, empty lot with her puny, little garden.
    tumblr_inline_nlsnryh2v91siuub1_500.png

Next I had her cook some hot dogs on the grill.
    tumblr_inline_nlsnz8RbOA1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlsnzr2zV71siuub1_500.png

Here’s a close up of Annabell’s garden. There growing really well.
    tumblr_inline_nlso6hXQMx1siuub1_500.png

I then decided to have Annabelle visit some of her neighbors. At this time, only the Goth house had any residents. I fixed that a little later.
    tumblr_inline_nlso829zrb1siuub1_500.png

First thing first, a shower and using a decent toilet instead of a public one.
    tumblr_inline_nlsobzObrj1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlsoc59jca1siuub1_500.png

Then to get her social up, I had her talk to some of the Goths.
    tumblr_inline_nlsoggHUZm1siuub1_500.png

I then had Annabelle go home so I could move a household into one of the other houses.
    tumblr_inline_nlsomf9VWS1siuub1_500.png

I decided to move in Gaara and Naruto (download here) by simmering23. Simmering23 had their relationship set as brothers so I went in and changed it to husbands.
    tumblr_inline_nlsoubZTrD1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlsp2qEXai1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlsp2wJusZ1siuub1_500.png

I had Annabelle talk to both of them quite a bit since I figured in her homeless state she really could use some friends.
    tumblr_inline_nlsp47A5jn1siuub1_500.png

Not sure why Naruto is standing so far away.
    tumblr_inline_nlsp4gp25i1siuub1_500.png

Annabelle was then getting really sleepy so I had her sleep in Gaara and Naruto’s guest bedroom.
    tumblr_inline_nlsp94fRmm1siuub1_500.png

Day three then began with some cereal.
    tumblr_inline_nlspa5OEc21siuub1_500.png

While she was eating a saw this. Aren’t they the cutest?
    tumblr_inline_nlsph1Etpd1siuub1_500.png

Since I didn’t want to go another full day without gathering and harvesting anything, I had Annabelle go around the neighborhood to get some things. That took up most of the day.
    tumblr_inline_nlspkqGNGq1siuub1_500.png

Annabelle ate some yogurt for supper, took another shower, then went to bed to catch up on some more sleep.
    tumblr_inline_nlspqbX6AE1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlspqgADd81siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlspqlLs3h1siuub1_500.png

Before the day was over, I had her go back home once her energy was filled. She planted what she had gathered then watered them.
    tumblr_inline_nlspupTr9t1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlspuxt1dH1siuub1_500.png

Since bills were delivered earlier that day, Annabelle also paid those.
    tumblr_inline_nlspx4FpXW1siuub1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nlsq3q5Hhn1siuub1_250.png

Day 2 & 3::

Found/Harvested:
    • Leaf Frog - $10.00
    • 1 Time Capsule with trophy - Prices vary
    • Literalite - $125.00 (rare)
    • Fossil rock - $15.00
    • Treasure map - $80.00
    • Striped heart frog - $10.00
    • Mushrooms - $1.00/piece
    • Basil - $1.00/piece
    • Strawberries - $2.00/piece
    • Snapdragon - $4.00/piece
    • Lilies - $3.00/piece
    • Blue Bells - $3.00/piece
    • Roses - $4.00/piece
    • Apple - $3.00/piece

Fished:
    • N/A

Sold items:
    • Leaf Frog - $10.00
    • Leaf Trophy - $60.00
    • Literalite - $125.00 (rare)
    • Prehistoric rock - $15.00
    • Treasure map - $80.00
    • Striped heart frog - $10.00
    • Mushrooms - $1.00/piece (12 pieces - $12.00)
    • Strawberries - $2.00/piece (79 pieces - $158.00)
    • Snapdragon - $4.00/piece (10 pieces - $40.00)
    • Lilies - $3.00/piece (60 pieces - $180.00) *game glitches and gave me $240.00*
    • Blue Bells - $3.00/piece (69 pieces - $276.00)
    • Roses - $4.00/piece (19 pieces - $76.00)
    • Apple - $3.00/piece (29 pieces - $$87.00)

Keeps:
    • 7 mushrooms - $1.00/piece
    • 9 basil - $1.00/piece

Spent:
    • Hot Dogs - $13.00
    • Bills - $111.00

Total: $1,299.00

I think I’m actually making some good progress. $1,299.00 in three days, pretty good. I’ve now played up to day ten. I’m hoping to post a day a week, at least until I’m caught up with myself.

Let me know what you think.
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    @ismellikemint More will be coming soon, I promise. I've just haven't been in the mood to write it all up. But I will post more in the next few weeks more likely.
    k55mmxl