Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Casting

A remarkable thing happened with one of my sims in Twinbrook, so I thought I'd share some pics.

Here is Chal, an alien, fishing at night. He had 2 fishing wants: catch 5 minnow, and catch 25 sharks. I had him fish for the minnow first. The fishing spot for the minnow is somewhere just off to the right of him. Once the minnow were caught, I had to have him switch to another fishing spot to catch the sharks. So I made the change and came back later to check up on him and this is what I found. Here is Chal, now fishing for sharks at the same location where he was fishing for minnow.

Firsherman1_zpssf6toogr.jpg~original

But where is the fishing spot for the sharks? Well, lets zoom out. In the pic below you can see his map tag way at the bottom of the picture to the left of the bridge.

Fisherman2_zpsyvrewtgr.jpg~original

Now I'll pan up to the top of the picture, over the lake, past the neighborhood pool which is the blue rectangle in the upper left-of-center of the picture above to take the next picture.

Fisherman3_zpsropwl5gw.jpg~original

Here, I've panned past the pool, which is now at the bottom of the pic above, and right above that are the hospital and police station. Zooming in on the hospital...

Fisherman4_zps3geeufpl.jpg~original

We're getting closer. Lets go over the hospital, right between the antennas, towards that bridge...

Fisherman5_zpsf9knf2ty.jpg~original

Nestled between that bridge and the land is a fishing spot...

Fisherman6_zpsphlhqpry.jpg~original

You can just see a shark, and wait! What's that white dot in the water?

Fisherman7_zpsv9fl9qz9.jpg~original

Why, there's the float for his lure. And a minute later he caught a shark!

Now that's a master fisherman!

I wonder if he can fish every single fishing spot in all of Twinbrook from that location. Guess I have a new project for my current game.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LOL. Twinbrook got strange (okay, stranger) ever since I think it was the IP patch that put many of the homes built below sea level under water from the inside only. Since the fisherman and where his cast end ups are actually in the same body of water (sort of), I bet that's a related glitch with the world map. And I bet it can be fixed somehow, but it sounds comical enough to just leave it that way. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Wow, I guess I got lucky, both homes my sims have lived in were fine.
  • Options
    Actually, I think the underwater thing was fixed in one of the last patches. I never saw it firsthand, but did see quite a few pictures from other players' games back then. And I had to reset my entire Twinbrook save a couple of times when last playing there due to sudden and inexplicable townwide routing issues, but it all corrected itself.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Well, Twinbrook for me has become quite laggy. I don't get the number of unrouteable sims messages like in Bridgeport, but it freezes for a few seconds every few minutes. I should probably move them to a new world. I was hoping the lagginess was due to me drastically changing the age lengths but that should all be sorted by now, I would think. University and Oasis Landing are fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I wasn't even getting lag and freeze (except when due to the obvious like sims getting stuck behind broken doors), but I was seeing a fair number of sims standing still on the sidewalk looking stunned when they should have been at work/in school. I was also testing the bakery set and Cupcake mod back then and stupidly let the game run for something like 72 hours without reloading (on/off pause, I wasn't actually playing that long) which I never do. But again, though my case sounds different and more self-inflicted, a revert to a slightly earlier save and MC > Reset Everything cleared it right up.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!