Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham confirms that Grocery Stores and selling ready made food other than baked goods is possible!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
Good news guys! Get ready to run you're own supermarkets and fast food restaurants!

Update 3/14/15 at 5:21 PM

Note: I just decided to add the tweet he was responding to make it look better and make things a bit more clear, in case anyone was confused.
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Makes sense, since it is part of the cooking skill. I wonder if the sims will be allowed to sell the gourmet recipes too. :)
  • Options
    rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    edited March 2015
    how are we going to selling these items. These item are not in buy mode. It would only be if someone make for decoration.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Frank's Diner consisting of Franks and Beans Lives!
  • Options
    rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Did someone make a Frank Diner?
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Makes sense, since you can sell "anything your Sims collect, make or craft". I take it that anything that you Sim can have in their inventory, they can also put on sale - paintings, woodwork, fish, bugs, food plates, herbs...
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @rtucker wrote: »
    how are we going to selling these items. These item are not in buy mode. It would only be if someone make for decoration.

They are in buy mode if you use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat. The idea is you grow your own plants, and catch your own fish, and sell them as Groceries, like in The Sims 3.
  • Options

That it does. I'm looking forward to selling how it will work in game. :)
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Eh, would of preferred Home businesses instead of this.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Makes sense, since it is part of the cooking skill. I wonder if the sims will be allowed to sell the gourmet recipes too. :)

He basically said we can sell anything that we can cook, so Gourmet items should be included as well.
  • Options

You can basically live at your business if you'd like and only return home to pay bills. That's almost the same as a home business.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »

You can basically live at your business if you'd like and only return home to pay bills. That's almost the same as a home business.
    Can't you just pay the bills from your phone?
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

Not sure, but I think you still have to be on your how lot.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    And with that I will buy this EP since I've been waiting to get decent grocery stores back into this game for what feels like forever. Let's see, get rid of the museum in the desert and put a Super Target like store in its place along with a furniture store in Magnolia Promenade and a bakery for when my sims feel like bringing home some delicious baked goods or don't want to buy their wedding cake. April really is going to be a good month.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Frank's Diner, home of the frank & beans. The gassiest diner in town.
    I really like your idea fullspiral. :)

• Options
    may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    Wouldn't the food spoil though? I feel it would be a waste of time and money to make all of that food, then most of it doesn't get sold.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    rtucker wrote: »

Your sims make them and then you can drag the food to the food shelves or whatever you call those things.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    may151997 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the food spoil though? I feel it would be a waste of time and money to make all of that food, then most of it doesn't get sold.

Food placed in the warming racks will take much longer to spoil.
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

Not sure, but I think you still have to be on your how lot.

I think I paid bills from the phone once, when I was not ready to go back to the home lot.
  • Options
    I just wish they would confirm if the NPCs can eat the food they buy. Graham also said that purchased items don't actually go into their inventories. I hope they can eat, then we can make semi-restaurants.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Iceyj

I'm not sure, but I think its been confirmed that they can eat the food they buy. It could have been staged ( This is EA after all, and they're known to do that ) but I did see some screenshots that made it look like the NPC sims were eating at the bakery. I have a feeling the NPC will at least be able to eat the food they buy, since I don't think it will exist in the game's code after they eat it, and it shouldn't be too complicated for EA to include in the game. Sims I invite to my dinner parties sit down to eat the food I make, and I don't control them, so why shouldn't NPC sims be able to eat the food they buy?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Iceyj

I'm not sure, but I think its been confirmed that they can eat the food they buy. It could have been staged ( This is EA after all, and they're known to do that ) but I did see some screenshots that made it look like the NPC sims were eating at the bakery. I have a feeling the NPC will at least be able to eat the food they buy, since I don't think it will exist in the game's code after they eat it, and it shouldn't be too complicated for EA to include in the game. Sims I invite to my dinner parties sit down to eat the food I make, and I don't control them, so why shouldn't NPC sims be able to eat the food they buy?

You're absolutely right, but with EA I've learned it's best never to assume. They didn't want junk cluttering up NPC's inventories, according to Graham. The difference is that when having dinner parties, food never goes into our guest's inventories. That's why I hope an exception has been made for food. Like you say, it shouldn't be a problem if it's coded so that they eat the food immediately.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @IceyJ

I have a feeling it will be included, because it would be something that would easy to do, and people would be upset, if they didn't do it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I just wish they would confirm if the NPCs can eat the food they buy. Graham also said that purchased items don't actually go into their inventories. I hope they can eat, then we can make semi-restaurants.

Yes they can. When we send our sims to the bakery to buy food we'll see npcs eating at other tables. Probebly the same if your sim owns the bakery. Some of the bakery pics suggest the sims sit and eat.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they don't want stuff clogging up inventories and NPCs will buy food from my bakery, then I'm guessing they will eat it in my store and not carry it home (or where ever they go).
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I wonder if we can set the menu and the prices for the foods and whatever retail we sell like in the sims 2?