Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

19,000 funds added for no reason?

OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
I was playing a Sim in Hidden Springs and have been playing without using money cheats. Yet, all of a sudden 19,000+ simoleons were credited to my Sim's household funds for what appeared to be no reason. Why did this happen? It makes it feel like a random unfair advantage similar to cheating, and I didn't want to use money cheats.
Post edited by Onyxemery on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited March 2015
    First look to see what is going on in the lives of your sims. Usually there is a reason they are given the money. For example in a game I had a year or two ago, I was playing a single young adult female. She fell in love with a man, and one thing lead to another, and well she ended up giving birth to triplets (all boys). She was unemployed, and had very little cash on hand, and it definitely was not enough to buy three cribs, much less anything else for the babies. On the day she gave birth, all of a sudden she too was given a large sum of cash. I figured it had to be from the father (he was very rich as it was) whom had given her this money to help out with his babies and her. She had enough to pay for a complete nursery for her three little babies, and a little left over which she used to buy food, and to pay a few bills. Later on they did get married, and had a total of 6 children.

Other things you could look at, is did your sim put anything on consignment, they will get cash pop up later doing that as well.

But if you feel that this is cheating, there are money cheats that will remove the unwanted amount. I use mods, so it would be done different than those who don't use mods. Maybe some one here will know exactly which cheat it is to remove money for the household funds.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2015
    There is a known bug, going all the way back to the LN patch (I think) that resurfaced with one of the latest patches by which sims get credited for the sale of an automobile that they don't even own. If there is a car in your Build/Buy catalog that costs exactly 19,000 simoleons or whatever the amount being credited is, this might be the cause.

The only solution I know of for now is to cheat the money away whenever it happens. Or donate it all to charity. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Hmmm, right now my Sim is single (just broke up with her boyfriend), is almost level 4 in the Business career, and has a nearly 2 star blog. Before the 19,000 she had around 2,500 funds and as a single Sim with no children, that was fine.

I do have Late Night installed so perhaps it is a bug from that patch.

The only mods I use are Nrass Story Progression plus Population and Career, as well as Overwatch, none of which I have had any problems with.

I guess the reason I'm asking is because if it's a legitimate 19,000 I was going to let her keep it, but if not, I was going to use the FamilyFunds cheat to set it back to what it was before the 19,000.
  • Options
    SPANETTESPANETTE Posts: 89 Member
    Have you got Seasons installed? If it is Christmas you might have got a seasonal bonus.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Every time I've had that happen it's been the bug (as far as I know). You generally get a notification for the other stuff like Christmas bonuses, consignment sales, etc. I just use familyfunds to take it away.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    SPANETTE wrote: »
    Have you got Seasons installed? If it is Christmas you might have got a seasonal bonus.

I was thinking the same thing, but 19,000 for a level 4 business career sim strikes me as awfully high. Bonuses for my sims in the science career, level 8+, are usually below 5,000. But then I haven't had a sim in the business career in a long time, I mostly use the self-employed careers.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You don't have to have LN for it to happen. It's been happening in my game since long before I got LN. In one save over a year ago, my household kept getting multiple additions, one right after another, in bunches. Every addition was the price of a car in the buy catalog, none of which they owned. It's not a legitimate addition to your household's account, so you need to remove it.

If it were a seasonal bonus, or any other legitimate income, you would have gotten a notification telling you so.
  • Options
    Yes, I have Seasons installed, but it's a few days before "Spooky Day" so definitely not a Christmas bonus. I'd say it's definitely the bug, and I'll just use FamilyFunds to remove it.

Now I know it's a bug at least so if it happens again I'll just remove it.