Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to install worlds without the launcher?

My launcher is busted and I gave up on trying to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I don't have the answer for you as far as adding worlds without a launcher, maybe someone else does? What is wrong with your launcher? If it is that messed up The base is what generates the launcher, have you tried uninstalling the base game manually and doing a clean install on the base game? You would just have to move your saves , cc etc and put them back. Do this as a last resort.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @AngelEb95 the other way would be to turn it into a package file and sadly i dont think this is a good idea for worlds. just share your issues with launcher im sure we can get it up and running again.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot have you tried in game and what happens when you try to use the launcher
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited March 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hey @AngelEb95 the other way would be to turn it into a package file and sadly i dont think this is a good idea for worlds. just share your issues with launcher im sure we can get it up and running again.
    That's what I do for my cc. i thought of trying to do that for worlds but I read somewhere that it would mess up my game. Is it not possible to get it in the format where it is installed into your game?? Like how you can add .sim files to your saved sim folder without using the launcher..

I don't know what's wrong with it. Whenever I try to install .sims3pack, it crashes and when I try to start up my game, it comes up as a black screen. I have to uninstall everything to get it working again and it's a pain.

If there's no other way, then nevermind. Thanks for the replies guys.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    That's what I do for my cc. i thought of trying to do that for worlds but I read somewhere that it would mess up my game. Is it not possible to get it in the format where it is installed into your game?? Like how you can add .sim files to your saved sim folder without using the launcher..

I don't know what's wrong with it. Whenever I try to install .sims3pack, it crashes and when I try to start up my game, it comes up as a black screen. I have to uninstall everything to get it working again and it's a pain.

If there's no other way, then nevermind. Thanks for the replies guys.

yea sorry the only other option i can think of could be if you already had a functioning installed file of a world you could use that. but for launcher issues there are work around like resetting the sims 3 folder. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

you could try pull sims 3 to the desktop install a world and then see if you could take that file and just pop it in the preexisting world folder sorry its been almost a year since i played with my files so i cant recall if this will install everything or not. i could test later if you like. just let me know.