Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tribe Isi: A Sims 4 Amazon Challenge (Updated 8/16) *ON HIATUS*

AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
:warning:UPDATE: Due to circumstances regarding switching computers, along with Photobucket-related difficulties, Tribe Isi is on hiatus indefinitely. Thank you for enjoying it while it lasted! :warning:
*Insert something about Amazon Challenge here* So yeah, I decided to post my adventures in the Sims 4 Amazon Challenge. Here it is:

Gen 1 Prologue: Tribe Isi
One day, in Tribe Zyanya, all was not well. Another tribe, known for its aggressive ways, had attacked in the middle of the night, and Maiara, the new Creator now that her mother was an elder, was very ill and unable to fight back. Nizhoni Isi and Shikoba Sacnite, preteens who were to be Scholar and Gatherer respectively, were hiding in the Slave Compound with Qillaq Nahuel, a young tribal son. "Do you think we'll ever make it out of here?" Shikoba asked quietly. "Of course we will. Tamaya was my mother; the Watcher blesses all Creator daughters." Nizhoni replied confidently. At that moment, the three ducked as they heard a scream. "Nuka! No!" Nizhoni recognized her half-sister's voice, and shuddered at the thought of the masked invaders outside. She opened the fridge next to her, and grabbed as much food as she could carry. "Shikoba, Qillaq, let's go." she said. Nodding, the two got up and prepared to sprint out the door. As they ran out, the young Tribe members saw their home in chaos, Champions struggling against the larger enemy tribe, Maiara fighting bravely but not strong enough, a Provider rescuing a baby from the burning hut. With one last, sad glance, Nizhoni turned away and fled, leaving behind her home.
For many years the three traveled, until one day they heard rumors of a tribe northwest of them, and another one even farther north, and decided to head there. Nizhoni briefly considered joining the northern tribe, but the temptation of being a Creator was too strong. They chose a land a few suns from the North Tribe, and this is where our story begins.
01-02-15_2-03nbspPM_zps63cc56f6.png
HmypxT0.png
Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
Post edited by Amazingamphy on

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yay! Looking forward to it!!!

What I do is write out my story separately in Word then copy and paste when I'm ready to post. It's easier on me for editing purposes. But .... I'm on the edge of my seat now!! My daughter is going to do one as well only hers will be futuristic. Love to see the differences!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Ooh wow!! What a dramatic start! I'm totally gripped. How long do I have to wait for the next update? Aha ;)

Ps: my vanity could very well be surfacing here, but when you say North Tribe... Do you mean my North Tribe?! :love:

Pps: a futuristic tribe sounds awesome @pammiechick!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    @pammiechick @MegandtheMoon Thanks! And yep, that is your North Tribe. Tribe Wahine is the one northwest of where Nizhoni heard the rumors. And yeah, that was dramatic! Rereading it after a later part in the story will reveal a LOT of foreshadowing... ;)
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Ohhh, sooo exciting! And ACTION PACKED! I cannot wait to read more! (And Tribe Wahine will be rooting for Tribe Isi! <3 )
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yay! Looking forward to it!!!

What I do is write out my story separately in Word then copy and paste when I'm ready to post. It's easier on me for editing purposes. But .... I'm on the edge of my seat now!! My daughter is going to do one as well only hers will be futuristic. Love to see the differences!

now why didn't i think of that, typing it up in word i mean XD

@Amazingamphy great story so far full of drama i shall bookmark this so i can keep track look forward to seeing more
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Chapter 1: The Tribe Begins
    It was evening when Nizhoni, Shikoba, and Qillaq got to their new home, so they set up camp and rested. About a week later, they had built a modest compound.
    01-02-15_2-23nbspPM_zpsd052ec1e.png
    Nizhoni and Shikoba were digging what would be their Pond of Sacrifice when suddenly, a voice interrupted the new Creator. "So, Nizhoni, how's that pond going? It would be done a lot faster if you'd let me join." Qillaq said, the arrogance in his voice clear as the sky. "Qillaq, how dare you speak to a Creator like that!" Nizhoni shouted angrily, but quickly calmed herself, for a Creator shouldn't be so angry. "You will go in the Slave Quarters for 12 hours." Sighing, the slave walked into his hut, locking the door from the outside so he couldn't get out early.
    01-02-15_2-43nbspPM_zpsae318d58.png
    However, as plum as he was, Shikoba found Qillaq's face charming, and saw potential for a beautiful daughter.

Sorry for the short chapter, I haven't caught up with the story, and chapters 2 and 3 will be mostly text.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Chapter 1: The Tribe Begins
    *This chapter isn't edited yet, because of the approval glitch. It sounds like dinner's almost ready, too.*

Yeah. What I do is write gibberish first: dljflsdjfal then post, then edit with my copy from the Word document and paste and save. Voila! The stupid glitch can't get me!

Have a great dinner...oh...that reminds me. I'd better go cook before my family lynches me. I'm no Creator here! ;)

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 1 is up! I'm still wondering how Qillaq's offspring turned out so sweet! I guess they got their personality from Shikoba, then...
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    @Amazingamphy, good start the living quarters look great, Qillaq should have know better than to speak to his creator like that he got a just punishment i think
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Chapter 2: Double "Daww!"
    That night, when Qillaq's punishment was over, Shikoba knew what she would do. She walked into Nizhoni's hut, where the Creator was training with a punching bag. "Creator Nizhoni, I wish to breed with Qillaq." Shikoba declared. Nizhoni turned towards her. "Very well. Though he is vain, his genes will make a beautiful daughter. As he is just a lowly slave, his execution will not have a ceremony." The Gatherer nodded, and went to tell Qillaq. "It is time." was all she had to say for him to understand, and he followed her to the double bed to breed. As soon as it was over, Shikoba took a pregnancy test, and found she was with child.
    01-02-15_6-15nbspPM_zpsi0tsyp5j.png
    A faint sense of sadness crept over her at what would happen to the father, but she pushed it away. She called over Nizhoni to declare the bittersweet news. "Qillaq, it is time for your execution. Step into the Pond of Sacrifice." Nizhoni ordered, and Qillaq obeyed. He was a strong slave, and lasted almost a full day before his demise. The next few days, Shikoba was overcome with grief, though she knew it should not be there. Many nights she would wake and clean the puddles left by Qillaq's ghost.
    01-17-15_2-34nbspPM_zpssvzesnci.png
    And, with a heavy heart and Nizhoni's approval, she released his spirit, and all of her sadness, to the netherworld.
    A few weeks later, Shikoba felt a huge pain in her back, and knew the baby was coming. She walked into the makeshift shack Nizhoni had built, and there she gave birth to... two baby boys, named Alun and Akito.
    01-07-15_1-12nbspPM_zpsattecluk.png
    "Is this an omen from the Watcher?" Shikoba asked Nizhoni. "No, the Watcher would not curse a brave young woman like you. Besides, one of these sons is destined to father a Creator Heiress." Nizhoni's words lightened the Gatherer's spirit, but the thought of not having a daughter felt like a rock in her heart, only adding on to how tired she was.
    01-07-15_1-11nbspPM_zpsbd841fc0.png

Dun worry guys, Shikoba's alright. This chapter makes it look like she's really unfortunate, but she powers through it. Like Nizhoni said, she is a brave woman.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    And... Chapter 2 is up!
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Oh my! She released his soul to the netherworld - how sad :( I've never once done that, but I might call upon it some point in this challenge. The slave would have had to have done something terrible to warrant it!

So cute she had twins! I wonder what is in store for them, will they have to turn against each other? Oh, I'm curious - how are you approaching children in this challenge? Are you starting them off straight away under the tribe rules? Or do you wait until they're teens?

I hope things get better for Shikoba - she's had a tough start.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @MegandtheMoon The brothers won't have to turn against each other. For twin boys, (For now, later I might do it for Heiresses) I have them compete to finish their Child Aspirations, and whoever does it first will breed with the Creator. In Akito and Alun's case, only one of them can breed at all, since even with a new recruit all of the children will be cousins. As for my approach on children, I'll start them off loosely following the rules, but once they're teens they'll be treated like everyone else. Tribal Sons have more respect, and they're allowed to interact with women. And yeah, poor Shikoba! I think she really did love Qillaq.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    @MegandtheMoon The brothers won't have to turn against each other. For twin boys, (For now, later I might do it for Heiresses) I have them compete to finish their Child Aspirations, and whoever does it first will breed with the Creator. In Akito and Alun's case, only one of them can breed at all, since even with a new recruit all of the children will be cousins. As for my approach on children, I'll start them off loosely following the rules, but once their teens they'll be treated like everyone else. Tribal Sons have more respect, and they're allowed to interact with women. And yeah, poor Shikoba! I think she really did love Qillaq.

Ooh! Great idea with the aspirations!

Thanks for answering my questions! I'm always curious to see how other people approach parts of this challenge :blush:

Can't wait for the next update!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Chapter 3: A Doomed Friendship
    Time passed, and soon Akito and Alun had grown into children. Akito's dark skin and hair were similar to his mother, while Alun resembled his father.
    01-17-15_3-11nbspPM_zpszw5yiebc.png
    01-17-15_3-12nbspPM_zpssppo0ily.png
    The two were good at cleaning though they were young, and good friends with each other. As twins, they would compete to finish their Child Aspirations, and whoever did it first would breed with Nizhoni. One day, when they had free time, they sat down to chat.
    "Akito, what do you think you'll do in your teen years if Creator Nizhoni doesn't choose you? I think I'll help in the garden with Shikoba."
    "I think I'll paint when I can." Akito replied shyly.
    01-28-15_9-05nbspAM_zpskfat6qyt.png
    Meanwhile, Shikoba had started fishing again. (OoC: Please ignore the fact that she's pregnant in this picture.)
    01-03-15_10-34nbspAM_zpsd0floak2.png
    Nizhoni worked on her handiness skill, crafting sculptures for the ceremony that would happen soon, and repairing objects that the children couldn't fix. The money earned from it went into building a bigger Slave Hut, so that Alun and Akito would have room to sleep. But unfortunately, on their Young Adult birthdays, the hut would become empty.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    bump because I'm lazy
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    I've experienced a couple of writing blocks too. Don't worry - it'll pass :)
  • Options
    Just found out I have more screenshots then I thought... :*
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    And chapter 3 is up! I've caught up with the story now, so expect chapter 4 to be longer.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    It's nice to see the twins getting along so well. I hope they remain friends even after the Choosing :blush:
  • Options
    It's nice to see the twins getting along so well. I hope they remain friends even after the Choosing :blush:

I'm sure they will. Last time I checked, the two were Good Friends. :)
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    bump.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Got pictures for my other story, I'll try to do this soon.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Bump. I won't be posting for a day or two.
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    Since I've been so lazy, here's a fun fact. Shikoba, Nizhoni, and Qillaq have Native American names, but no other member of Tribe Isi does. This is because Tribe Zyanya has Native American names, but Tribe Isi doesn't.
    HmypxT0.png