Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't it work?

I've downloaded some custom content but every time I download more it gives my laptop some kind of a virus! I don't understand why I get a virus and other people don't. Help please x

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited March 2015
    When downloading CC from certain sites they may ask you to install something or upgrade your system. This is called Adware. You should be able to ignore these requests. Either close the pop-up or in the top right corner there may be an ignore feature. I hope this helps. If not, let us know what and where you are downloading from and we maybe can take a look.
  • Options
    Talia JenkinsTalia Jenkins Posts: 7 New Member
    I am downloading from the sims resorce and i have winzip but i don't understand why everytime i download something it gives me some kind of a virus
  • Options
    Is it an actual computer virus or is your game crashing? You may want to describe the problem in more detail here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions In the Technical Discussions forum.

It would be helpful if you are getting an error message if you share it there. It could be your computer doesn't support the extra memory or something more advanced then I can handle. I don't see any problems with TSR and I tried a few different items. You may need to contact TSR if it is specific to them.
  • Options
    Talia JenkinsTalia Jenkins Posts: 7 New Member
    It doesn't warn me its when I turn my laptop of and back on
  • Options
    Have you updated your virusware lately? It sounds like you have a bigger problem than just CC if it is affecting the way your computer runs.