Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the obsession with llamas?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    edited March 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    Soy milk does exist in the game. If you have the Farm Fresh store set and feed your cow veggies, she will produce soy milk. Drinking it extends a sims' life much like Life Fruit does, but sadly it cannot be used in any recipes. :)

Thank you, I didn't know that. Can the milk be turned into soy cheese?
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Thank you, I didn't know that. Can the milk be turned into soy cheese?
    I don't think so, I believe all sims can do with it is drink it. Soy cheese just doesn't exist in the game. Besides, soy milk wouldn't really come from cows eating veggies anyway (was never sure why they couldn't be fed tofu instead), so I expect most vegans wouldn't be very happy with either method of production. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    Never tried tofu but the idea of it bothers me. Mainly because I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I kind of wish they had added a Vegan trait and soy cheese/milk to TS3.
    Karritz wrote: »
    There is a vegetarian trait and Sims with that trait don't enjoy eating meat.

Almost all of my sims behave like vegetarians even if they don't have the trait, simply because the player controlling them is one. I applaud both EA and the modders who produce the recipe-extensions I use for taking us into account with all the veggie-friendly options and for allowing my sims to learn how to fish without actually having to try catching any (if only there were a soy-based counterpart to the Death Fish).

But for vegans, choices are much more limited.

Soy milk does exist in the game. If you have the Farm Fresh store set and feed your cow veggies, she will produce soy milk. Drinking it extends a sims' life much like Life Fruit does, but sadly it cannot be used in any recipes. :)

My sims are functionally vegetarians too even though they often don't have the trait, since I am a vegan.
    Never tried tofu but the idea of it bothers me. Mainly because I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.

It's just coagulated soy milk. It's kind of like gelatin in texture and can be great if you flavor it well or put it in something flavorful. I made vegan borscht (and it's delicious) two days ago and blended tofu into it to make it creamy so tofu can also be pretty diverse in use too.