Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still new to The Sims 4

Hi, my name is Blake, and I've currently been playing The Sims for quite a while now. But I'm having trouble getting used to the controls and how everything is set up with The Sims 4.

Right now I'm having trouble with trying to figure out how to rotate the entire lot. With The Sims 3 it was simple and when you downloaded a new lot and put it on the map, it automatically gave you the option to rotate the lot so that the sidewalk to the front door can face the road.

Well, I just downloaded a beautiful house (would build one, but I'm not very skilled at it) but when I put it on the map the sidewalk was facing towards the lake or park that it is next to. I found the option to move and rotate the house itself, but nothing else rotated. Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    It's not possible.

I think if you build a fence or wall around the entire lot maybe that would count as a "room" or something and then you'd be able to pick up everything and rotate it. There is no way to do it without trickery though as EA hasn't built that feature in yet.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Clear out the lot.

Go into build mode on the lot.

Place the mailbox on the side of the square you wish your house to face

Save the lot

Import the house from your gallery.

Profit.
  • Options
    KetchupKetchup Posts: 7 New Member
    Awesome thanks, I'll try that! But now my delima is while I'm in the game, while in the gallery, my game crashes. And now it's crashing while I'm in build mode. I just got half was through decorating the house, from scratch. Didn't even have floors or wallpaper on the walls. And now it's just gone. I'mma cry for real. :(
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Ketchup wrote: »
    Awesome thanks, I'll try that! But now my delima is while I'm in the game, while in the gallery, my game crashes. And now it's crashing while I'm in build mode. I just got half was through decorating the house, from scratch. Didn't even have floors or wallpaper on the walls. And now it's just gone. I'mma cry for real. :(

hmm... possibly a hardware issue? how new is your computer?
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Post your DxDiag.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Post all of it. Not some of it.