Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two things that I'd like to see return that were awesome in TS2

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I miss fears too. Watching Sims go over the edge and having to see the invisible flying shrink was funny. Especially the time when ACR made Kevin Beare try to kiss his frat brother's girlfriend, she rejected, and he went into aspiration failure. That was hilarious.
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    I can't just pick two :( I would prefer to have everything from TS2, I'm greedy like that ;)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    The sims 2 style photo album with option to write captions.

The cut scenes for important events.
  • Options
    KatverseKatverse Posts: 238 Member
    > @natashified said:
    > .....

Its so creepy! :D
    Origin ID: katverse
  • Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    I can't just pick two :( I would prefer to have everything from TS2, I'm greedy like that ;)
    i am not saying for anyone to just pick two. I was saying that these were two thing that I'd like to see return. This is mostly a conversation starter.
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    i am not saying for anyone to just pick two. I was saying that these were two thing that I'd like to see return. This is mostly a conversation starter.
    HAHA, my bad, I read that wrong but it was early in the morning, not much sleep but yeah, I rather enjoy most of the features from TS2 and would like to have them all, of course with open neighborhoods ;)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    Good news:
    We're getting basements back! I know that's a TS3 thing but I do miss them!
    https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/the-sims-4-get-to-work-hands-on-impressions/
  • Options
    Although there are two givens that will happen. Weather and pets. I would be surprised if they don't get included.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    As far as personalities. I'd do an amalgam of TS1/2 and TS3 if I were going to "redo the game from scratch".
    Failures SHOULD be an option!
    EVERYBODY (of at least a huge majority) wants toddlers.
    I am sure that some sort of 'supernatural" EP will be released although I find zombies a flipping nuisance!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    As far as personalities. I'd do an amalgam of TS1/2 and TS3 if I were going to "redo the game from scratch".
    Failures SHOULD be an option!
    EVERYBODY (of at least a huge majority) wants toddlers.
    I am sure that some sort of 'supernatural" EP will be released although I find zombies a flipping nuisance!
    the zombies in TS3 are surely nothing but a nuisance,
    but not so in TS2 cause they can be played & are not just decorative NPCs

if i'm honest, i can't remember anymore what the personalities difference is between TS1 & TS2

& unfortunately i don't believe that any consistent personality system will be added to TS4
    or that we will get any aspiration failure update cause aspirations are so exchangeable in TS4,
    my expectations for TS4 in general are meantime very very low, but still i can wish for :relieved:
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    OrihuelaSimOrihuelaSim Posts: 37 Member
    Two most important: Aspiration Failure (Wants and Fears) / Memories

After that: Thief / Fireman / Toddlers / Teens (with their distinct interactions and aspect) / NPCs (Rabbit, Psychologist...) / Careers: Military, Politics and Slacker / Cinematics / Cars and Buses (even helicopter) / Honeymoon / Reaper entrances / Time management (I can control every second of every Sim)

I choose those two as most important because I feel that the "emotions" of The Sims 4 can't beat The Sims 2.
  • Options
    I would also like to see some stuff from TS3 ambitions to make a comeback.
  • Options
    Heliel22Heliel22 Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    being able to get into your cars and listen to music or just sit in them when ever EA brings cars into the game
  • Options
    Heliel22 wrote: »
    being able to get into your cars and listen to music or just sit in them when ever EA brings cars into the game
    Agreed!

• Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I want FUN back.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I miss memories and interests too. Fears were fun as well. There is more than that I miss, but I'll prevent listing it all so as to not go OT.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sallone wrote: »
    I want FUN back.
    That is just a matter of personal opinion, really. I am not saying that your opinion is wrong. I am just saying that "fun is a matter of personal perspective.

• Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I miss memories and interests too. Fears were fun as well. There is more than that I miss, but I'll prevent listing it all so as to not go OT.
    There are no right or wrong opinions...

• Options
    Huh? :confused: Want me to say how much I missed having toddlers like the Sims 2 ones? I think I miss that life stage more than anything.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Huh? :confused: Want me to say how much I missed having toddlers like the Sims 2 ones? I think I miss that life stage more than anything.
    What I was saying is that you are free to express whatever you want to express. I don't judge. I am a nice guy that way! :)
  • Options
    What I was saying is that you are free to express whatever you want to express. I don't judge. I am a nice guy that way! :)
    Oh ok. That's nice to know. Well I do want the ability to have split level homes back. I want private schools back and the NPCs. I actually liked the insanity of the Sims 2 more like when they would dance with a mop or rock a bag of flour. I want the terrain and water tools back. I want dishwashers back and garbage disposals and food processor. It would be really nice to have cars back that pulled out of the drive way. Oh I want carpools and school buses back too.
  • Options
    LadyjodzLadyjodz Posts: 81 Member
    I would like to see toddlers return and also have seasons in our Sims games. A little thunderstorms, rain, snow, leaves turning for the fall, pumpkins, etc would be awesome. I like a combo of seasons from sims 2 and 3 but with the tech we have now it can be better. Other than that, I am having fun with my sims. Maybe some adventures series for them.

I agree I'd also like for them to be able to drink tea/juice or hot chocolate together again. I like TS4 but I think its missing the family aspect that was present in TS2 and 3
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    YuiVoo wrote: »
    Bathing kids

And bathing babies in the sink. Love that!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club