Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WANTED: Stage/Platform Tool for Building Stairs - Sims 2 Style

Anyone remember those nice L-and U-shaped stairs you could build in Sims 2 using the stage tool? This was an additional raised platform that you could place anywhere, in any size, inside or outside, in the center of a room or up against a wall, and even on top of a foundation already in place. Its height allowed 4 stair-steps to adjoin to it, and you could build a variety of style stairs that turned in any direction from the landing area. No cheats were needed to use it either, no constrain-floor elevation, nothing. Just a simple, easy-to-use tool from build mode. I really miss it.

Sims 3 had something similar, but it wasn't tall enough to be of any use for building these types of stairs. The L-shaped stairs sold in the Sims 3 store had too many steps (8) per level and were a one-piece unit which only turned right or left, so didn't offer the same build flexibility as the stage in Sims 2.

I have asked for this build tool many times as it was so useful, but we haven't seen it since Sims 2 days. So here I am asking for it again. I'm sure plenty of builders here would love to have it. Would anyone else like this added to the game? Please add your name below! :D

Here are examples of Sims 2 staircase builds using the platform tool (these are not my pictures):

3a830520-bc0b-4610-9464-40eb01b4a274.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoKBKSnKByv83bErnHiswFaiShvFtJBWqI6LmP_HwxFt8wGhdayw

snapshot_00000005_94ce25c0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    Agreed! It'd be much easier to fit in stairs this way
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Agreed
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Agreed - it would be even better if you could even stack them up, to make platforms at different heights or make several landings... I always found the TS2 platform too low, but it was better than nothing.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    They could make the stair landings like they did with foundations, have a slider for the height. I'd like stages like TS3 on the side too, just for stages and have stair landings as a new build type. Basically anything to make stairs like these:
    quarter-landing-flight-stair-with-turned-balusters-and_1_quarterstair2.jpg
    white_fir_frontsm.jpg
    Utilising-Halls-Stairs-And-Landings-In-Interior-Design_thumb.jpg
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I agree, I would like to have that in The Sims 4, but I hope that if we get that, we can adjust their heights individually. I also hope that we can paint them with wall paints like a normal wall and not like the foundations in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Absolutely, completely agree!!
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Giving this a bump. Anyone else interested in having this? :)
  • Options
    babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    Absolutely. Yes please!
  • Options
    yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    Yes! and along with this, a control-your-own foundation tool, so that you can have short stairs in a home for rooms that are slightly raised or lowered from the others on the same floor.
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Yes I would love these types of stairs too. These and circular stairs.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yes me too. I miss them from TS2.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    With the three different wall heights we already have, I wonder if it would be possible to do what yellye201 suggested, in this way:
    In the medium-height room you could put one platform - if the platform has walls, they would be the shortest walls. In the room with the tallest walls you could then put up to two platforms stacked up (if there's only one, the wall of the platformed section would be the medium wall, if two, the shortest wall).
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Ability to do this please
    Weasleys-Wizard-Wheezes.jpg
    If WB can do this why not MAXIS
  • Options
    Hey, great! Thanks for the bump! :)
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    What about something like this to make a spiral staircase.

ToSCVU7.jpg?1
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    I would like spiral and curved staircases back, too!
  • Options
    SapphireCSapphireC Posts: 18 New Member
    Dear god, YES PLEASE!! I hate the straight staircases! Always have. The L-shape and U-shape stairs fit better, look better, and are way more realistic. Please someone make the possibilities for landings and half-stairs. Out of everything in this whole game, that for some reason is one of the most frustrating things.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why aren't these the standard? Why do they start over with straight basic stairs with no landings? By now, you would think some things would be simple to recreate in a new version.
  • Options
    OoohDeathOoohDeath Posts: 55 Member
    Adjustable landings that act like walls, spiral staircases and ladders. Did you get all that, EA?
    c4c8b0c9796f9ae79dbc7b917589e3e3.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for your continued support everyone! Hope these all come to fruition! :)
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Yep, I'd love to have a more flexible approach to stairs. The staging platform sounds ideal and spiral staircases would be great.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    So many types of stairs, But first I'd like to be able to stack staircases underneath staircases.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    yes please !!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    qayluqaylu Posts: 32 Member
    The lack of this in TS3 once caused me to build a garage with stairs leading up to it. I wanted a raised foundation and an attached garage, if the cars have to climb stairs, so be it.
  • Options
    It's a new year, so I'm revisiting this again! The ability to build L and U-shaped stairs is still on my mind and very much desired. So many house plans these days have U-shaped stairs to conserve space. This would also be perfect for making apartments on small lots!

We never got this tool in all the years of Sims 3, but I'm not giving up hope to see it again in Sims 4. I have seen the split-level floor tutorial video done by James from Sim Supply, but that is not the same thing as what I'm asking. My request is to connect the first floor to the second floor (or 2nd to 3rd) using an actual platform tool. Hopefully this will be possible in S4. Hope Maxis can deliver. :)