Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children automatically trying to calm baby

When a baby cries, children sims automatically run to the crying baby and try and coo it or talk to it. Children can't do anything to make the crying baby happy. Children can't feed the baby, change its diaper, rock it, etc. There should be a way that children do not automatically go over to the crying baby. I know a mod like this exists. But, some people do not like their game to have mods. EA please fix this issue in a future patch.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Yes please. Its way too annoying to just deal with too.. At least for me anyway, they're always in the way of the baby.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    At least they try. I have had parents, even parents in the same room with a screaming hungry/dirty baby and the do not react at all!!

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It gets to the point where every family member comes into the room to keep the Baby happy. Children, parents, teenagers etc. It gets really annoying when I'm trying to get momma sim to feed the baby but everyone gets in the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    @S100Headache I don't want mods in my game. Mods have given me viruses before. I was hoping they would fix this issue in a future free patch.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I thought it was cute at first, but it did get annoying after some point ... Needs tweaking.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited February 2015
    But kids can care for babies with my mod! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=545436

In every family I know the kids actually DO help look after the babies. The more kids there are the more this is likely to happen. It bothers me that this is not a part of the actual gameplay mechanic.

EDIT: I do agree that if they can't help they need to get out the way, tho :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    There should be a mechanic where if a child-sim hears the baby crying they rush over to an ADULT and tell them to look after the baby. A little like a portable baby monitor.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter