Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New traits

I love traits as long as those traits actually function the way they should. I feel like with the series since TS3 they have neglected trait rewards in a lot of ways. Like my snobby and materialistic sims. I want traits like "greedy", "self-centered", "pompous", "center of attention" and "gold digger". Or for my insane sims I would love if they incorporated disorders and called them disorders instead of traits- "schizophrenic and bipolar". I just feel that the trait system in the aspiration rewards don't really counteract with sims of all types. It doesn't make sense to have evil sims and then have traits where you can mentor other sims, always welcomed, never becomes embarrassed, friendships never deteriorate, and put sims in a flirty mood.

And I'm sure with later expansion and game pack installments we will get more different types of traits. And if we get a supernatural/magic themed expansion I would like more choices other than "fan of paranormal" or "dislikes paranormal". Perhaps "skeptic", "believer", "clairvoyant/third eye". That way if you gave your sim the skeptic trait your sim never interacted or encountered a supernatural. If you gave your sim the believer trait your sim could interact and encounter all supernaturals and dive into supernatural activities. And with a clairvoyant trait your sim could actually see, talk, and live with ghosts/spirits and interact more with the grim reaper.

Any other ideas for traits please feel free to share, and/or criticism please share and discuss.

Comments

• Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    It doesn't make sense to have evil sims and then have traits where you can mentor other sims, always welcomed, never becomes embarrassed, friendships never deteriorate, and put sims in a flirty mood.

I'm all for new traits, but in your example above... I don't see what doesn't make sense about it. If evil people came with "Hi, I'm evil!" t-shirts, the world would be much easier to navigate. As it stands, a lot of evil people have some or all of the traits that you mention above.
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    I love your ideas, and the Traits are very important as they make the Sims' personalities. Honestly, there should be a Sims 4: Personalities Gameplay/Stuff pack.

Self-Centered Sims would be very interesting, along with Arrogant, or it could be called 'High-and-Mighty.'

'Gold-Digger' Sims. Haha! That would be a fun one, especially if the Sim is a uncommitted romantic who mooches from others. This would be the advanced version of the 'Diva' trait in TS3. Add 'Center of Attention' and you would have one of the most photo-bombing, spotlight-stealing, money-mooching, outright spoiled Sims in the history of Simming.

The Spoiled trait should be added if it isn't. Especially for the brats out there. They are out there.

If the Brooding trait returns, I don't want that to be a negative-only trait. It could also be considered, 'Meditative.' With the 'Focused' mood, this trait would work really well and add a 'Zen' mood. If the Sim was angry before meditation, you would be able to see it on the Sims' faces. The Sim would also struggle in his/her brooding state, and would get kicked out of meditating or become angrier. If the Sim is meditating, being interrupted would definitely sour the situation.

There could also be a trait where a Sim would speak in metaphors and different stories. I'd call this 'Wise' or 'Sage-Like.'

For the paranormal ones, (Yay!), I agree with you. 'Skeptic,' 'Believer,' and 'Clairvoyant/Third-Eye' are great ideas. There should also be an in-between --- a Curiously-Curious Sim. This Sim would be nosy enough to ask, yet guarded, but the nosiness overpowers the latter. Especially if a Sim is 'Inspired' or 'Focused.'

If I have more ideas later, I will gladly share them with you. Awesome job.
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    With evil sims I would like to see more of "master manipulator", "narcissistic", "gossip king/queen", "smooth criminal", "intimidation" type traits. It adds comedy to the game to have a evil sim who has best friends who allow them to insult them all day but after a point it's just sad. In reality, the people I have encountered not to really be "evil" but "mean spirited" I never wanted to be their friend, they were haters, always starting drama, and everyone who failed victim to their ways ended up detesting them. I wouldn't want a "bully" trait for teenage sims just for the fact that my brother was openly gay and got bullied a lot in school and he had really bad trust issues and low self-esteem. Growing up in a small town the things bullies do to kids is heart-wrenching. My brother ended up over-dosing 4 years ago and I blame the people who tried to convert him, bullied him, and beat him up all through school.
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    > @vampiricdreams31 said:
    > With evil sims I would like to see more of "master manipulator", "narcissistic", "gossip king/queen", "smooth criminal", "intimidation" type traits. It adds comedy to the game to have a evil sim who has best friends who allow them to insult them all day but after a point it's just sad. In reality, the people I have encountered not to really be "evil" but "mean spirited" I never wanted to be their friend, they were haters, always starting drama, and everyone who failed victim to their ways ended up detesting them. I wouldn't want a "bully" trait for teenage sims just for the fact that my brother was openly gay and got bullied a lot in school and he had really bad trust issues and low self-esteem. Growing up in a small town the things bullies do to kids is heart-wrenching. My brother ended up over-dosing 4 years ago and I blame the people who tried to convert him, bullied him, and beat him up all through school.

Oh, wow. I read your post, and as someone who has dealt with bullying (due to my race, my awkwardness and my not fitting in with the 'loud crowd,' girls...) it's painful. As I send my condolences/apologies. :( I wouldn't want a full-blown 'bully' trait, either. It'd be a little much to bear and it'd likely raise the rating if it's taken that far.

On the other side, I agree with you. The Evil trait should be expanded MUCH more than where it is, now --- especially with the 'intimidation' type. Honestly, I think "Mean-Spirited" could be right with or much higher than the Evil trait.
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    @DarkenedSparrow... thank you for your condolences, that means a lot. My family and I have our good days and bad days, but I miss my brother so much every single day. And I'm so sorry that you have to put up with people and their blinded ignorant ways. The world is full of monsters- a lot don't even realize their monsters until its too late. That's why I talk to anyone and everyone. Don't judge a person based on other peoples views and ideas. My best friend's name is Eman Said, who moved from Elizabethton, Egypt, and she's the most interesting person I've ever met and she gets called a terrorist just for the color of her skin, where she's from, and her customs. I get bullied from time to time. I'm Wiccan, I'm goth, and people call me a Satanist. Been Wiccan for 20 years. I just forgive their ignorance and tolerate them the best I can. My husband and three kids keep me focused.

The sims I create are pompous, self-righteous sims with dark demeanor. I have a sim family, the "Craines"- Sylvia who is a young adult who married an elder named Darwin. She's a snob, materialistic, and she hates children. I didn't want to make her evil, noncommittal, or mean. And with traits it's just so hard to find traits that blend with her personality. Darwin is ambitious, a snob, and a perfectionist. So I basically have to use every bit of my imagination with building a steamy storyline, and have her avoid making friends because in my sim reality she wants nothing to do with anyone who isn't well to do. I would love to make her a black widow. Marries into money, kills her elder husbands, and collect the fortune until she spends it all and moves onto the next poor sap who becomes her next prey.

I would also like to start a Desperate Housewives storyline. Edie and Gabrielle will be easy to work with the traits that I have right now, but Bree, Susan, and Lynette are so complex. We definitely need at least 5 to 6 traits we can purchase with reward points that would play off the many different personalities we give our sims.
  • Options
    cutenfurry256cutenfurry256 Posts: 49 Member
    Truthfully I love the Sims 3 trait Kleptomaniac, It was my favorite. I also would like some new traits that would work more with Athletic such competitive. Or "Loud mouth". I would also like Handy (they could build special stuff that others couldn't). I know I have thought of more but I can't remember.
  • Options
    babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    I love your ideas. Personalities are most fun to play with, in my opinion, that's why we need a large variety of them, and the option to combine them to the unique Sims they're supposed to be. I downloaded a few modded traits to enrichen my gameplay experience, but of course they're very different from an originally made personality. I also use a mod which allows me to add more traits to the Sims, which is an option we really need... Three traits simply aren't enough!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't like when in cas you choose the foodie traits and the sim burps like a slob :/ I mean whats up with them?

They could have shown them mixing a bow contents or showed them reading a recipe instead we get a slob lol!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    I'd like to see curiosity and passionate traits. Curious Sims would be inclined to tinker, poke, explore and probably get into some pretty special sorts of trouble. Passionate Sims would do everything passionately. They'd fight, sing, dance and cook with passion. I can just see some of the silly poses they'd come up with.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion