Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats?

Is it at all worth it to get this stuff pack? The only reason I care is because I somehow talked myself into buying all the other ones, so now it's just bugging me to have an incomplete set (silly, I know). Is there any good stuff in there or is it all like cupcake chairs that no one would ever use?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I thought this one was pulled off the market some time ago and is now very difficult to find except on sketchy eBay auctions for hundreds of simoleons dollars as it's now a rare collectors item. Have you actually found a store selling it?

And it's all a matter of taste I suppose, but I would have paid the original list price just to keep that one off my computer. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    It's on Amazon for like $28.
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    I legitimately enjoy the clothes that come with it, but it's not worth 28 bucks.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have it and didn't use it for a long time. Some of the clothes put me off as did the pinkness of everything. Then I decided to use some of it and recolored it and discovered the stunning beauty of the designs. I even use a lot of the clothes after recolouring it. It all seems beautifully designed and very versatile. Plus there are the fun cake and sweets objects that can be fun decor in bakeries and other builds.

I even made a roller coaster that I put on the exchange where my challenge was to use as many objects from this stuff pack as I could.

Another thing I've recently discovered is that copying the colour/style of items in this stuff pack to recolouring objects from other sources can have gorgeous results.
  • Options
    I feel like I would maybe use some of it in kids/teens rooms. But really, it's just because I'm neurotic and it bugs me to have everything except that one.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I have it, but it's not worth the price that it's usually selling at, since it's a rare item now.

It comes with a few "nice" community lots (I use the pool and small park lots), but the women's wear (and that's mostly what it is) is only good for Showtime costumes if you play those professions. The furniture is OK for children's bedroom/playroom, I suppose.

I don't use much from that stuff pack. You're not missing much.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I have it and didn't use it for a long time. Some of the clothes put me off as did the pinkness of everything. Then I decided to use some of it and recolored it and discovered the stunning beauty of the designs. I even use a lot of the clothes after recolouring it. It all seems beautifully designed and very versatile. Plus there are the fun cake and sweets objects that can be fun decor in bakeries and other builds.

I even made a roller coaster that I put on the exchange where my challenge was to use as many objects from this stuff pack as I could.

Another thing I've recently discovered is that copying the colour/style of items in this stuff pack to recolouring objects from other sources can have gorgeous results.

Well that sounds somewhat more promising...
  • Options
    becks1112 wrote: »
    It's on Amazon for like $28.
    So it is. Looks like a reseller found some. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Why was it pulled off the market in the first place?
  • Options
    There is a forum for this stuff pack that has posts in it that you might enjoy.
  • Options

@Karritz, could you link the roller coaster lot that you mentioned? I'd be interested in having it for my game. Thank you!! *hugs*
  • Options
    becks1112 wrote: »
    Why was it pulled off the market in the first place?
    Didn't meet EA's famous high quality standards. >:)

Nah, just kidding. It was a limited time license deal, much like the Toyota Prius that isn't available anymore (except the car was free).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

@Karritz, could you link the roller coaster lot that you mentioned? I'd be interested in having it for my game. Thank you!! *hugs*

Yep. But I'll have to edit this post to have it not disappear.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7868246

Roller_Coaster_ST_009.jpg

Enjoy. It's on a 50x50 lot.
  • Options
    Awesome, @Karritz. It looks cool and you even used the Mother Russia set--nice choice!!!
  • Options
    Awesome, @Karritz. It looks cool and you even used the Mother Russia set--nice choice!!!

I was looking for an opportunity to use it. I've put it in a few things now.

I forgot just how pink and green I made it. It is all so sweet. But it is one of my more popular builds - the only build I've done that has more recs is the Magic Gnome's Magical Treasure Park.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    There are a few outfits I use from the pack. If you like rainbow cutesy outfits you'll like this pack.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Here are a few outfits from the stuff pack....

RCGG00034.jpg

RCGG00025.jpg

RCGG00029.jpg

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm generally a dark person who can't quite muster the creativity to use such sickly sweet objects. So it's a good thing I skipped this one. :D

Some of the clothes had potential, from what I've seen, but not enough to make up for how unusable the rest are.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The late YouTube LP'er Quxxn does an excellent job reviewing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjSZVGVDGs

I urge you to watch her review, after it, you should be able to decide whether or not you want to spend money on it.
  • Options
    KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    If you like Katy Perry, then yes its worth it! Even though im a huge fan I still didnt really use the items that much at all. There is some nice clothing though. I bought mine second hand for pretty cheap