Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love this sims4 but hate the load screens

Now I have had the sims4 since Tuesday on the Mac, I can say really enjoying playing the game, I feel the games great and runs really smooth. One thing I will say is I can't stand the load screens, ok I can accept them if it means game runs better but just seems like they go on so long, I could go out and make a cup tea and it still on Load screen! Saying that don't want to sound critical, I think once a few expansions come along the game could be the best

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I much prefer loading screens with really smooth, populated community lots, fast gameplay.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    right there with you! hate them for sure! but i am still able to enjoy the game but i refuse to embrace those screens. im holding out for the possibility that they can minimize/reduce the need for them in later EPs like load the whole district/area
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    HEAR HEAR! I absolutely hate loading screens and would have much rather had open world with the one long loading screen. You said once a few expansions come, the game will be the best but yet complained about the loading screens being so long.... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those expansions packs will make those loading screens even longer!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    In principle, I'd prefer loading screens to empty worlds with nothing to do and nowhere worth going.

TS4 has the loading screens, but they forgot the second part.
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    I don't mind them really it sure beats the heck out of TS3 lag and slow rendering which was seriously annoying.

The community lots in TS4 seem much more alive by comparison.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    Would have been nice to have loading screens for each area, rather than each lot... Since there's only 5 or so lots per area, it might not take that much more than it does now to load everything..
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    Now I have had the sims4 since Tuesday on the Mac, I can say really enjoying playing the game, I feel the games great and runs really smooth. One thing I will say is I can't stand the load screens, ok I can accept them if it means game runs better but just seems like they go on so long, I could go out and make a cup tea and it still on Load screen! Saying that don't want to sound critical, I think once a few expansions come along the game could be the best

Yep yep yep, and they get worse as the save gets older. That is my biggest criticism about the game -- those load screens. And for many people, they are not just a couple of seconds. And it worries me what they'll be like in an expansion or two.

If they were to eliminate the load screens within neighborhoods, I'd probably never leave the neighborhood, but I'd not be ditching the game after a few weeks once the load screens get to beyond obnoxious as seems to be my pattern now.

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Welcome to 2004..er 2014.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I'm okay with the load screens that make sense - going into the game proper, changing between worlds, going to large scale lots.

What I am not okay with and feel NEEDS to be adjusted if at all possible by the devs is being load-screen locked just crossing the street to visit neighbors. If you have to make sub-blocks with some load screens? Ok. But EVERY house in your neighborhood? Or going between the community lots all in a line?

Come on - there's no reason or excuse for that IMO >_<
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »
    I'm okay with the load screens that make sense - going into the game proper, changing between worlds, going to large scale lots.

What I am not okay with and feel NEEDS to be adjusted if at all possible by the devs is being load-screen locked just crossing the street to visit neighbors. If you have to make sub-blocks with some load screens? Ok. But EVERY house in your neighborhood? Or going between the community lots all in a line?

There is a reason, and it's basic game mechanics. The game decides which sims to load on different lots so you can have lots of sims walking around. Drives me crazy in a neighborhood that not only do you have the loading screen, but it totally reloads the entire neighborhood and makes changes to who was in it before and what was going on.

I hope this is a mechanic that they can and will change.

• Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

There is a reason, and it's basic game mechanics. The game decides which sims to load on different lots so you can have lots of sims walking around. Drives me crazy in a neighborhood that not only do you have the loading screen, but it totally reloads the entire neighborhood and makes changes to who was in it before and what was going on.

Oh, I'm aware of the reason but I think this is a case of playing TOO cautious with your code. I can understand if they were a bit gun shy after all the drama over Sims 3 and it's atrocious coding/performance issues but given there can be a huge chunk of Sims rolling around the park lot, there's no reason they can't excise a few load screen sections to make the experience a bit more seamless w/o sacrificing much performance.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

Oh, I'm aware of the reason but I think this is a case of playing TOO cautious with your code. I can understand if they were a bit gun shy after all the drama over Sims 3 and it's atrocious coding/performance issues but given there can be a huge chunk of Sims rolling around the park lot, there's no reason they can't excise a few load screen sections to make the experience a bit more seamless w/o sacrificing much performance.

We can hope. In neighborhoods, I'd love for neighbors to be loaded in their houses and for them to be the ones wandering the neighborhood, not the random sims that are wandering now.

I think the problem would come in in neighborhoods with commercial buildings. You go to the gym, and they'd have to load sims for all the buildings, not just the gym. And if they're only loading maximum 20, that could lead to empty lots.

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member

Oh, that is a pain. My load screens are pretty quick.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2015
    #firstworldproblems
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    IMO, the world design is as safe as you can get. The game runs smoothly. Trudgers can be easily generated so that every lot has lots of sims on it.

The problem is that safe is usually boring and this is no exception. Loading screens, even short ones, make for choppy game play. Tiny worlds means there is no where to go and nothing to do once you get there. Only being able to play the sim on the active lot means there is little reason to play more than one sim at a time.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Really wish that each sub-neighbourhood was loaded at once. I want to visit my neighbours, but I don't because I don't want to go through loading screens. There should be an option in setting so we can choose how many lots load at once.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don't only dislike the loading screens, I also dislike the fact my sims are stalked by other sims everywhere they go. So if that's a result of the loading screens I dislike them for two reasons.
    Nothing beats an open world with five to seven sims on community lots who mind their own business.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited February 2015
    I just hope later that it's worth it. :) Even though the loading screens are way longer than just a few seconds for me. -_- I heard from some users that it seems that many things couldn't get implemented (like OFB for example) because of the Open World in The Sims 3, so yep, let's hope that it's worth it. :blush:
    Although I hate loading screens, I guess I'm used to it, having to put up with Naruto Ultimate Storm Revolution's ones. -_-
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just hope later that it's worth it. :) Even though the loading screens are way longer than just a few seconds for me. -_- I heard from some users that it seems that many things couldn't get implemented (like OFB for example) because of the Open World in The Sims 3, so yep, let's hope that it's worth it. :blush:
    Although I hate loading screens, I guess I'm used to it, having to put up with Naruto Ultimate Storm Revolution's ones. -_-
    I agree. If te loading screens provide the game with great gameplay that isn't possible in 3, at least it will have that purpose.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I much prefer loading screens with really smooth, populated community lots, fast gameplay.

Fast gameplay with loading-screens? Yeah, right. And my Sims 3 community lots are more populated than they could ever get in The Sims 4.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    I kept telling myself that they don't bother me, and that it's so much better than the glitchy Sims 3.... But they do bother me. A lot. My Sims are barely leaving the house now... Of course it's still better than buggy Sims 3. But it's still bothering. And I start to doubt that there isn't any solution to making an open world more stable...