The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A decent desktop to play Sims?

So my old desktop has recently went out and I'm in the market for a new one. But I don't know where to start! I have all Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs and I use some mods and lots of CC (As well as Sims 4 on occasion). My old computer was a Gateway and it ran the Sims just fine. But since it was 5+ years old, I was wondering if I should try and stick with Gateway or go with HP, Asus, Dell, what? Everything that I find online has a graphics card that's not shown on this compatibility chart and I'm not sure if they are just new cards and I shouldn't worry about it since it will probably work, or if it's terrible. I also like to have my game on high settings and I would prefer something under $600. So far this computer seems to be the top contender but I'm still not too sure. I like this computer, but I'm not sure if it would run the Sims even with a better graphics card. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    GLAMhorrorGLAMhorror Posts: 108 Member
    Any help, please? Some desktop recommendations, maybe?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    your first option is much better then the second and should be rather decent with the game. but do read all of the reviews at newegg and see if there are any design flaws or anything mentioned a few times that would make you not want to buy it.
  • Options
    TheDivaGirl02TheDivaGirl02 Posts: 142 Member
    Hi!
    The laptop I have works perfectly- the graphics and everything.

I have lots of CC, so it should be ok.

I have all expansions up to Island Paradise and only two stuff packs- Town Life Stuff and Master Suite.

Here are my specs:
    AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD RAEDON R5 Graphics 2.00 GHZ

4.00 GB

64-bit Operating System
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    your first option is much better then the second and should be rather decent with the game. but do read all of the reviews at newegg and see if there are any design flaws or anything mentioned a few times that would make you not want to buy it.
    Thank you! The reviews didn't really help. But I found a desktop I actually like better. It's this one and it seems like all the specs are super nice. Even if the graphics card isn't great I have a good one already.
  • Options
    GLAMhorror wrote: »
    Thank you! The reviews didn't really help. But I found a desktop I actually like better. It's this one and it seems like all the specs are super nice. Even if the graphics card isn't great I have a good one already.
    no it just has a better processor, i5 but it only has an integrated video chip
  • Options
  • Options
    That one looks pretty nice! It doesn't have any reviews, though. Is it wise to buy a computer with no reviews? I've never had any experience with CyberpowerPC, so I don't know how they are. I'm sure it's better than Gateway and HP, though, especially for simming.
  • Options
    my first gaming rig was by them, i got it because someone at newegg said my model ran sims 3 smoothly, and they werent kidding :) i also bought my gaming laptop direct from their site. but i agree it is important to wait for reviews, sorry i missed it didnt have any.

back when i bought them at newegg they were unknown now they are leaders in the gaming world and now the models that are sold at third party sites like newegg ive noticed in the last year are not as strong as the ones they sell directly at their site. at their site you do need to spend more. i think it worth it but i also understand budget constraints, i just wanted to show you an option with a better card

and they arent necessarily bad at newegg but again a review by one gamer would also put my mind at ease as well. like i saw another model have reviews that their motherboard was too small to add a new card. this is a new situation for me these are new motherboards so things seem to have changed recently, like in the last couple weeks :) so do keep a watch out for it. but also look for other options with similar specs.
  • Options
    my first gaming rig was by them, i got it because someone at newegg said my model ran sims 3 smoothly, and they werent kidding :) i also bought my gaming laptop direct from their site. but i agree it is important to wait for reviews, sorry i missed it didnt have any.

back when i bought them at newegg they were unknown now they are leaders in the gaming world and now the models that are sold at third party sites like newegg ive noticed in the last year are not as strong as the ones they sell directly at their site. at their site you do need to spend more. i think it worth it but i also understand budget constraints, i just wanted to show you an option with a better card

and they arent necessarily bad at newegg but again a review by one gamer would also put my mind at ease as well. like i saw another model have reviews that their motherboard was too small to add a new card. this is a new situation for me these are new motherboards so things seem to have changed recently, like in the last couple weeks :) so do keep a watch out for it. but also look for other options with similar specs.
    I've read that they are pretty good and top of the line when I went to their site, so that puts my mind at ease. I haven't found another computer with specs similar that doesn't have an integrated graphics chip and uses an Intel processor. They all seem to have an AMD processor and I don't know how that compares to Intel since I would rather go with what I've used and what is highly recommended for Sims. So I might take the chance on it, even with no reviews since I do really like the look of their computers. :3 If needed I could go with one that has more reviews, similar specs, and a lower hard drive memory and use an external memory drive. Like this one has similar specs but less memory and a different graphics card. I could easily switch out the graphics card with mine if needed and I have an external memory that I had to get for my other computer, so that could also be used.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I also like this computer but I can't find anything on its graphics card on the Sims.
    Post edited by GLAMhorror on
  • Options
    the 730 is an entry level card for the gaming i suggest not going lower then 750.