Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you like to play your Sims 4?

I watch so many YouTubers play the sims and it just occurred to me that so many play in different ways! So if you would like you can comment down below with the way you play the Sims!

-Ideas-
1. Have a big happy family! Successful careers, perfect relationships and all that jazz XD
2. Drama. Just pure drama.
3. You start them off rich and just have fun with the sims in general!
4. Building. You just like to build
5. Challenges. I luv completing challengez :3
6. CAS. Oh the sims you can make..
Usually I always have big happy families, I build houses or I do challenges.
dmlX3n8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The usual.
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    XP
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I give them 2 while the sims desperately try for 1. Here, my simmies, have another asteroid impact/war/aline invasion/plague...
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Off.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Sometimes a big family play.

But most of the time I do like Sim drama, it's amusing.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I love all of that. Except building.. I suck at building. o A o;; Usually though I pick a favorite kid & play them until they have kids that I can chose favorites from. So on and so forth.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    Off. I use much more time complaining about it.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    Usually (from Sims 2 onwards) I start with either a single Sim (most of the cases) or (sometimes) either with a YA couple (and 1-2 Elders which are parents of one of the Sims) or with a couple that have a teen child.

With these beginnings I then do generational play, with one of the childs of my currently active couple getting destined as heir/ess who I will either play actively as new master/mistress of the household as soon as the parents die or (what I often did in TS 3 with Twallans Story Progression) who would move out of the house after becoming a young adult (and becoming my new main active Sim, with the household of the parents getting simulated by Story Progression) ... and who would later (after his/her parents demise) inherit the fortune that was amassed by his/her parents .

In TS 2 I was forced to use rotational play between heir and parents (in order to prevent things, like the kid being older than the parents) ... while in TS 4 I currently (with TS4s lack of content, active aging and lack of story proegression) I just get me a single child and let this one live in his/her parents house until they die. (while in TS 3 ... still the best game for my style of play ... often my heir would move out of his home (unless they already owned one of the luxury Villas of Bridgeport, with enough place for all generations ;) ))
  • Options
    I love knowing how you guys play the sims :D
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2015
    I start with one or two sims, usually a couple, and have them live out their lives by having kids and getting to the top of their career. I start with a small house and just expand on it as my family expands and I have money to build stuff like pools or home-gyms. Also, sometimes I get bored and make the couple have scandalous affairs behind the other ones back haha.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like playing in CASt a lot more, and sometimes Build Mode if I feel like trying to create something that's not absolute trash XD
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I generally recreate my favorite Sim from Sims 1 and give her some room to make her own decisions in love and interactions, but eventually I push her towards maxing out her career, mastering skills and building up to a fabulous home to start a family in.

I also look for as many opportunities for weird and crazy events as possible xD Though I'm always loathe to kill off a Sim and I really should try my hand at having some ghosts in my town for once.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I go on the "perfectionist" route, which means:
    + Achieve max level of all skills.
    + Collect all collectibles. Or even more extreme, collect all collectibles twice. :p
    + Complete all aspirations.
    + Got level 10 in all careers.
    :#
  • Options
    @EsnesNommoc‌ Oh my God I wish I could that! XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    @EsnesNommoc‌ Oh my God I wish I could that! XD

I guess you can ... if one of your Sims is a ghost (like my current active Sims mother)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I play all households rotationally, so I have a bit of everything. Some families are rich, while some have to scrape all their pennies together to get the cheapest tv. Some families have the drama with affairs, family fighting and clashes, while other families cruise through life and everything is hunky dory.

I am not a great builder, and spending too much time making Sims takes away what little time I have to actually play the game. So I download things to save time :)

I have only ever started one challenge, and that was the Legacy Challenge, I have only reached the 3rd generation and am currently taking a break from that and just doing my favourite thing - rotational play.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    Have a big happy family
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    Have any of you done many challenges? Just kind of curious :3
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Drama and family. I liked to split the Goth family so my male sim can marry her. Then throw in some drama here and there to add some spice. It's pretty fun.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I don't play The Sims 4. However, when play Sims, I have two styles of playing. I spend a lot of time building. Also, I like to start a single Sim and find them a spouse, rise in a career, and have children. I then play for another generation of that family before switching to a new save. I also mix it up every once in a while, so it's not just limited to that.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I play all households rotationally, so I have a bit of everything. Some families are rich, while some have to scrape all their pennies together to get the cheapest tv. Some families have the drama with affairs, family fighting and clashes, while other families cruise through life and everything is hunky dory.

I am not a great builder, and spending too much time making Sims takes away what little time I have to actually play the game. So I download things to save time :)

I have only ever started one challenge, and that was the Legacy Challenge, I have only reached the 3rd generation and am currently taking a break from that and just doing my favourite thing - rotational play.

That's kind of what I do. I play rotational. And this game allows me that easily. I move to which ever household I want to at any given time. I don't set a routine up. I just play them. And I love it that way. I can't just play one household. I just can't. Legacy challenge has never interested me in ANY of the series. I like to build my community sim by sim. I pay attention to who knows who and who gets on well with who. I pay attention to everything they do and what my community needs.

This is why I love this iteration. Each member I work on contributes what I need them to. And this is why I don't need, or want, story progression. I progress my own story.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    I play ....

1. Have a big happy family! Successful careers, perfect relationships and all that jazz XD

I think this is the best way to play since you have a goal in what to achieve with the game if you make a big happy family. I know some people like to just build and create stuff but I like playing the game as a life story.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    well like any of my sim games, i enjoy creating/styling my own sims,creating big families and legacies and naturally random events. Without story-progression it feels tougher for those random events....but eh there's some shockers every now and then. Cassandra Goth died from laughter thee days after marrying Malcolm Landgraab and having two twin girls. Umm then I found out my simself's son with Don Lathario is apparently more like his father....lost that battle i guess lol. But yeah that's how i play, the more random chaos the better >:) , totally hoping for a new story progression, I totally miss the local gossip lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    First I have the Fords which is the happy family in my game. Then the Svards, and Flames which are drama, drama, all the time. Then of course there is Don, the one man heartbreaker, babymaker.
  • Options
    jacquelineojacquelineo Posts: 38 Member
    I think I like challenges the best. I just started the animal crossing challenge last night. I'm a Mac user so I just started playing last night. I eventually want to play the 26 baby challenge and the 100 baby challenge.