Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Delivery....

So Doctors can Determine the Gender...
Not sure I like how babies are delivered tho... I mean it's a step up from the baby just appearing in the cradle, but Ladies, How would you feel if a giant claw just reached in you and pulled out your baby?

screen_shot_2015_02_18_at_2_40_47_pm_by_mperry1995-d8ijrfm.png
Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    But a claw tho?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited February 2015
    abc_the_future_ll_130522.gif

The future I suppose, I guess the SimGurus looked at robots in surgery and decided to roll with it.

-Edited-
    What I don't like is that the bot essentially wraps up the entire baby, a bit too drastic don't you think?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    But a claw tho?

I guess it's to keep up with the cartoony nature of the game. One of the illnesses is called gas & giggles, after all.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Looks painful. Ouch. ;)
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Personally I'm just rolling with it. It's a game and I didn't expect it to be realistic at all. And I think it's better then the Sim just lying down in a bed and the baby magically appearing in a bassinet at the end of the bed, which would have felt kind of lazy and boring.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I've delivered 5 babies in my time. I am not offended that they do this. Trust me. By the time a woman gets full term, she is wishing something would get it out of there!

So true! :D I think its funny.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I've delivered 5 babies in my time. I am not offended that they do this. Trust me. By the time a woman gets full term, she is wishing something would get it out of there!

So true! :D I think its funny.

Me too. It's the SIMS!

• Options
    The only thing that's bothering me is that they chose a Claw. I can pretend the doctor is preforming C-Section, but the original thought of a claw reaching in naturally and pulling the baby out... I'm cringing.

I would have preferred if the kid just shot out of that same area like a confetti cannon into the bassinet.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    The only thing that's bothering me is that they chose a Claw. I can pretend the doctor is preforming C-Section, but the original thought of a claw reaching in naturally and pulling the baby out... I'm cringing.

I would have preferred if the kid just shot out of that same area like a confetti cannon into the bassinet.

I don't know, that sounds kind of dangerous!

• Options
    Andygal wrote: »

I don't know, that sounds kind of dangerous!

and the claw doesn't? kay
    Last time I sympathize when child birth is mentioned.
    When my child asks me where babies come from I'm sitting him/her down and making them play the Sims 4. kay
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had expected to be a lot worse than this with child birth in GTW, when someone had posted about extracting babies with tweezers. I was like imaging baby deliveries from the usual end with tweezers. Instead it's claws from the side, which makes it seem less horrific. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    Much better than actually seeing a live birth lmao.

Agreed, I love the surgery table soo cool.

I don't matter the claw at all lol it's MUCH better then an actual birth and it's the sims, they can pull it off with no problem :joy:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2015
    I dnno... it doesn't seem THAT far off since how Luke & Leia were born. :#

Luke_Leia.jpg
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I think it's hilarious. Reminds me of Toy Story a bit.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I love it! I could not stop laughing when I saw it. It's so sims.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Not sure I like how babies are delivered tho... I mean it's a step up from the baby just appearing in the cradle, but Ladies, How would you feel if a giant claw just reached in you and pulled out your baby?

I remember how my legacy family in TS3 had five boys in a row and i played with the succession law matriarchy (even though Pinstar didn't include the succession laws before TS4, but i made it a personal challenge) and my founder had a friend, who was a doctor at the hospital.
    I called her over everytime my sim was pregnant to let her determine the gender of the baby (yes, that was a feature in TS3 already!) and i wanted to kill her everytime she said it was going to be a boy AGAIN! I felt like it was her fault somehow...

I don't really like how delivering babies will be handled, but i can't really think of a better way to do it.

• Options
    I admit it's funny. It's going to be an interesting Ask Gurus Tuesday in April. I need to know how and why.

Anyways, So Gender, Doctors can determine the gender... I wonder if they also added choosing, and/or influencing the gender.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options

Anyways, So Gender, Doctors can determine the gender... I wonder if they also added choosing, and/or influencing the gender.

I sure hope so!

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I laughed my head of when I saw this. lol
    At least they don't disappear into a room, at least we can be in on the action!
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    Im honestly happy with the way it is. Sim doctors being able to tell the gender is a cool thing, of course you dont have to have your sim do it, could be a surprise like IRL :) Also the delivery is perfect, better than a baby popping out onto a table and better than a doctor reaching up in my sims private area :D The sims has never been super graphic like that, and maybe sim babies are born from the side of the mommy sims stomach ;)
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

This is a complete riot! I laughed right out loud! I just had to write this out, b/c it deserves so much more than a click on the lol box! Great picture and oh so funny quote: "but Ladies, How would you feel if a giant claw just reached in you and pulled out your baby?"

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    al456 wrote: »
    Im honestly happy with the way it is. Sim doctors being able to tell the gender is a cool thing, of course you dont have to have your sim do it, could be a surprise like IRL :) Also the delivery is perfect, better than a baby popping out onto a table and better than a doctor reaching up in my sims private area :D The sims has never been super graphic like that, and maybe sim babies are born from the side of the mommy sims stomach ;)
    I agree, the way they have delivery in the trailer is much better than the baby just magically appearing on a small metal table. :)

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I miss when they would come out of the plumbob in TS2. :(