Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Only you can decide. What is it you love about Sims 3? From what you read about Sims 4 do you think it can give you the same, or if these features are not in Sims 4 would you be happy to play without them?

I don't miss Open World the way I thought I would, my loading screens in 4 are really fast, but that's not the case for everyone.
    I do miss having options to change things in CAST the choices are very limited in 4.

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    I'd honestly say to buy it on Origin on a day when you have several hours to spare, play it for a good chunk of time and see for yourself whether you enjoy it or not. If not, you have the option to return it within 24 hours, which is a great option considering you're not going to have that luxury if you buy from Amazon or a brick-and-mortar store.

I bought it a couple days after release, returned it within 3 hours and then a few days later bought it again because I thought maybe I hadn't given it a proper chance. I was right the first time. In my opinion it's a pretty empty shell of a game, especially compared to previous iterations of the game (and yes, I will make those comparisons because it's the next in a sequel of games and not a standalone title). It does have some great additions like the new CAS and Build Mode might be fun for you since you enjoy building. I'm one of the few that actually likes aspects of the Artistic Style though it is very cartoony, lacking in detail and polarizing for many. But overall, the gameplay is sorely lacking and though they have been doing damage control by releasing monthly content patches, the underlying issues are not likely to be easily addressed via a patch. I've heavily modded my game and I still play from time to time, but I usually end up walking away bored within an hour. Which is not the norm for me when Sims games are involved.

But at the end of the day, only you can decide what you enjoy or not :)
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    It's worth about 40 that's a good pricepoint.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    I didn't like it at first but now enjoy building the houses and find that I can leave my Sims families to get on with their own lives without having to continually check up on them all. It's the first time I can play with a large family without stressing out.
    Get Grandpa, Grandma, Mother, Father, four kids, Three jobs with one author or artist at home and you're off. (motherlode. large house and all mod cons helps as well) ;) I always play with cheats!!
  • Options
    vswinehartvswinehart Posts: 38 Member
    > @Gnarl_Lee said:
    > omg, make up your own mind

No need for attitude, I've seen people complain and praise the game, just because there's issues doesn't mean the game isn't worth buying. Please take your attitude off this post (:
  • Options
    vswinehartvswinehart Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback ! (: I really appreciate it
  • Options
    KrowpaKrowpa Posts: 56 Member
    The Sims 4 may be my favorite game of the lot. I find myself playing it a lot more than I did any of the previous ones and being constantly surprised by it. The other day I had my little girl go stay with her grandfather while her parents were at work. They ended up cuddling on the sofa watching TV and it was the sweetest thing I have seen in The Sims. Also, this game crashes a lot less than three did, which is a plus. I used to have a crash every hour to half hour in the Sims 3, even with a fresh install of windows and a fresh install of the game.