Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Help Thread for Mac

BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
edited February 2015 in Mac - Technical Discussions
In the absence of a dedicated Mac forum for The Sims 4, we have set up a troubleshooting thread over on the TS3 Mac forum:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816050/the-sims-4-help-troubleshooting-thread

Please can Mac users post on there so we can keep all issues in the same place. This will hopefully help narrow down any issues that arise from The Sims 4 in OS X. The thread also includes a post about whether your Mac should be able to run the game or not.

@ceejay402, @blunote00, @crinrict please can you point any Mac users you come across needing help in that direction? :)

We are still waiting to hear back from EA with regards to a TS4 Mac forum but we have asked, and it has been acknowledged.

We now have a forum - thanks @SimGuruBChick :D

I started up this thread for help and troubleshooting:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816108/the-sims-4-help-troubleshooting-thread
apple-signature.png
Post edited by BluebellFlora on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    can do :)
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Acknowledged. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Thank you :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

@BluebellFlora - Shall I investigate whether we can get some official TS4 Mac support forums or threads on EA's AnswersHQ forum?

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    Hello,

@BluebellFlora - Shall I investigate whether we can get some official TS4 Mac support forums or threads on EA's AnswersHQ forum?

Cody

Oh yes please, brilliant idea. I don't spend much time there but @Caspinwall is the resident Mac pro over there, I'm sure she'd appreciate it :)

I'm currently compiling TS4 help threads on my website, similar to the TS3 ones, they'll be up later tonight hopefully.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Hello,

Cody

Oh yes please, brilliant idea. I don't spend much time there but @Caspinwall is the resident Mac pro over there, I'm sure she'd appreciate it :)

I'm currently compiling TS4 help threads on my website, similar to the TS3 ones, they'll be up later tonight hopefully.

Hello,

I know caspin (we have a little Sims team on AHQ), so I'm sure I can be in contact with her about this.

If you need any more Mac information, or to check whether you've missed anything, here is a potentially useful thread to have a look at (if you haven't seen it already):

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-MAC-Version-coming-in-February-17th-2015/td-p/2957168

Good luck!

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    Thanks Cody :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    hi @SimGuruBChick can you share whether or not sims 4 will get an official mac section, thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks Cody :)

Hello,

I think we'll play it by ear for a couple of weeks - it may turn out that there aren't that many Mac-specific issues. Also, this would allow us to best decide (and allow for the CMs and SimGurus to decide) whether a separate sub-forum is necessary.

What do you think?

Cody

• Options
    I think you should have a Mac forum but @Caspinwall is probably better placed to decide. We've now got one over here, thankfully :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't think there's going to be a mac forum at AHQ. I'll be editing post titles when I see them but I don't know if @Caspinwall is going to move on. I had the impression she won't be.

So we'll be needing another dedicated mac helper :)

I'm sure it would be a good idea to have a FAQ over there.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'm kind of a Mac Helper. I have both Sims 3 and 4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options

What do you mean 'kind of'? You're amazingly helpful :D
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I do have both installed now. :D Been trying to figure out how to get things to work properly. Well, for me anyway. ;)
  • Options
    Yay! I asked about it after I acknowledged this morning before my pain meds kicked in. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »
    Yay! I asked about it after I acknowledged this morning before my pain meds kicked in. ;)

You're amazing blunote00 - thank you <3
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Heard you were in an accident -- really hope you're doing okay and will be back to yourself soon!

Yourself-Hugged-.jpg

(sorry for going off-topic...carry on, folks...)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

You're amazing blunote00 - thank you <3
    @BluebellFlora Glad I could help. :)

Heard you were in an accident -- really hope you're doing okay and will be back to yourself soon!

Yourself-Hugged-.jpg

(sorry for going off-topic...carry on, folks...)
    @stilljustme2
    Yes I was. Not cool to tangle with a flatbed semi-trailer. Pretty banged up but happy I could be wheeled away alive. :D
    Thanks.
  • Options
    BIG hugs @blunote00 x
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    hi

What do you mean 'kind of'? You're amazingly helpful :D

thats exactly what i was thinking :)
  • Options
    I'm happy to volunteer wherever I can. Just let me know what I need to do. :D
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    I'm happy to volunteer wherever I can. Just let me know what I need to do. :D

Splendid :)

You can just login at HQ using the same username and password as for this site and answer the threads marked for Mac. I won't even be looking in the section for TS4 so it would be great if you can look. I'm happy to carry on taking care of the TS3 section but if you would like to do that too then I will of course be happy to hand over. See how you find the TS4 section and let me know.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims/ct-p/the-sims

My only worry is that some people will post here and others there and that you might end up losing information along the way but I guess that will happen anyway.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    If there is stuff from here, I'll post a link over there and vice versa. That way people can access information from both sites.