Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 112 Day Challenge (New Challenger Breaks All Records)

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
The 112 Day Challenge
Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring … 28 Days Each (112 days Start to Finish)

If you want to play poor, disadvantaged Sims that never seem to get their lives together while wallowing in misery … Then this challenge is not for you. If you need a break from your regular game and want to set-up a Sim for success … This challenge will do it!

Summary:
Unlike most challenges, this one is designed to develop Sims that will probably be used in games or towns later down the line. They can be “townies” or "active" Sims and work with NRaas Story Progression to produce more “depth” to the game. If the Sim completes the challenge, they will be able to fend for themselves … Gain a decent job in line with their Lifetime Wish and excel at that job (among other things).

It is a relatively short Challenge because it is intensive in nature and keeps your Sim busy on tasks that you as a player can “warp speed” through. It provides Sims with enough money to purchase decent houses (including those nice builds builders often make). Your Sim will have skills that affect their everyday life when not in active play. Some skills will affect their overall play (Handiness, Charisma) … While other skills may accent their Career and Lifetime Wish goals (Cooking, Athletics and whatnot). In any case … It is important to note that the primary objective is to allow you (the player) to decide whether or not the Sim is suited for decent play in accordance with your desires and with respects to how you actually designed the Sim.

Important Note:
It doesn’t mean that you use the Challenge to make a bunch of “Cookie Cutter” Sims that all act and perform the same. The rules are loose enough that you can achieve most goals with any “style” Sim. It doesn’t matter if your Sim is Adventurous, Good or Evil … And it is important to keep these things in mind when playing the Challenge.

Use it to set up your Sim the way it is best for your Sim.

Section 1: Basic Rules

Create A Sim Requirements:

Just create a Sim that suits something you want to play or add to a town/world. It doesn’t matter what their “Traits” or “Lifetime Wish” are. It could be added that any trait capable of assisting your Sim can be beneficial, but there is one thing to keep in mind ...You are doing the challenge to set-up the Sim for future games … Not to play it long-term in this challenge … 112 Days.

Sim should be “Young Adult” or Adult.
One Sim per Challenge … It is intense at times and two Sims can be counter-productive.
No Cheats … Starting Cash Only

Lot Requirements

The lot must be 10x10 … It is intentionally made that way to limit overall area you can plant a “Home Garden”. The lot must have the following items:

1 All-In-One Shower/Toilet … (don’t know how you would have room for anything else).
The Shower can be upgraded (by a Sim in the challenge) at any time or any number of times.
1 Small Parking Space and Vehicle … The parking space also limits the area you can use inside the lot.
The vehicle can be either a sloppy jalopy or motorcycle but must be there … It helps limit Starting Cash.
1 Mailbox and Trashcan … The game provides those with the lot, but I will add that you cannot “cheat” and remove the items to make more room.
1 Standard Green Tent … This is where your Sim will live/sleep most of the time.
1 Burn Pit … I use the cheapest and you don’t have to buy a chair … The pit will “provide” one if needed.

Side Rules:
At no point are you allowed to “sell” any of these items on your lot.
At no point are you allowed to “buy” any more items to put on the lot.
At no point are you allowed to "build", nor "make improvements" to the lot.
You must maintain your primary residence in the lot at all times (no “moving in” with others).
At no time do you invite another Sim into your “household” (they can of course visit your lot or sleep in the tent as long as they don’t “live” there).

"Options" Requirements:
This requirement is added to track your game and influence situations surrounding Seasons. If you do not have the Seasons EP it will severely influence the mandatory requirements and make the Challenge essentially useless. The seasons effect your ability to garden outdoors and the health of your Sim. You can choose to spend LTR’s (“Lifetime Reward Points”) on rewards that assist your Sim in Gardening, or Immunity. That is still a choice … And if you don’t (or if it doesn’t suit your Sim) there will be things you have to deal with (illness, cold, heat etc …).

Rules:
Set the Seasons to 28 days each (This is your 112 days).
All Seasons must be played with all weather conditions in play.
You can set the "Moon Cycle" any way you want it (Zombies will eat your garden though).
You play the Challenge from the first day of summer one Sim year to the first day of summer the next seasonal Sim Year.

Optional:
It doesn’t matter if you use “aging”, “celebrity” or whatnot … It is recommended that you use Story Progression to enhance the town activities.

Section 2: Goals and Objectives
These are the goals your Sim must meet to successfully complete the Challenge. Again … It is intended to help build up the base Sim and prepare them for their eventual play … Not to play long-term in the Challenge. Your Sim is allowed to gain any additional skills, rewards or options beyond the rules except when specified “off limits” (covered later).

Skill Requirements:
Gardening – At least enough skill to plant the seed and grow a “Life Fruit”.
Fishing – At least enough skill to catch a “Deathfish”.
Cooking – Level 10

These are required to complete the Final Rule.

Handiness – Level 5 or Better
Charisma – Level 5 or Better
Logic – Level 5 or Better

Occupation or Career:

Must have completed Level 10 in any Career (Not directly part of their “Lifetime Wish”)

The career can be any career available in the world you are completing the challenge in … Self Employed or Regular. Remember that you are setting up the Sim to achieve their best in future games … Not to play this one Challenge. Because of this it is important that you Do Not complete your “Lifetime Wish”. With mods like NRass Story Progression … The Lifetime Wish will help drive the programming that decides what this Sim does when playing later on if you are not actively playing the Sim (like if you use it as a “townie”).

Suggestion:
Use this rule and other options to help shape what your Sim will do in future games. There are mods that pay attention to traits, lifetime wishes and activities when running inactive Sims.

Community Service:

Your Sim must complete 80 hours of “Community Service” during the Challenge.

This is the hardest thing to track because it is not recorded that I know of. Community Service includes a lot of things (Training other Sims, Tutoring Children if you have enough “Logic” or “Athletic” Skill). You can also do things like “Rake Leaves” on Community Lots and whatnot.

Keep track of it yourself … Use it to build character and put your Sim through different situations than just push for the major goals.

Money Requirement:
This is a driving factor of the Challenge, but don’t let it be a deterrent from trying. You want your Sim to eventually move somewhere and live in a house they want. There are many ways to earn enough money to complete the challenge requirement (Fishing, Writing, Gardening, Investments, Career … You choose any or all).

The Sim must have at least 250,000 Simoleons in cash to successfully complete the Challenge.
Your Sim shows up with nothing in their inventory … And leaves with nothing* in their inventory. Sell everything but what the lot had on it before you save your Sim to the bin … Simple as that!

*If your Sim happens to pick a “Deathflower” and you want your Sim to carry that … It is allowed to keep in your inventory.

Important Note:
To some players 250k seems like a lot without cheating, but you will soon find that it is easy enough to get that much in 112 days if you want it. For the record so far I have had a Sim finish the 112 days with 1,085,229 Simoleons without cheating at all and following all Challenge Rules. She had more “royalties” from books written due to come … And could have made more if the final day had fallen after 9am on Monday when you can collect income from investments.

112%20005_zps6xp9xj7g.png

Not all of your Sims are intended to be as Ambitious and that should not be attempted unless it is a “personal goal” not directly related to the Challenge.

Lifetime Reward Points Rule:

You must spend as many LTR’s as possible and available before exiting the Challenge.

It doesn’t matter, you are setting the Sim up, and will give it everything possible before saving it to the bin. You cannot have more than 1,999 LTR’s available to your Sim upon completion … Even if you have to buy "influence" with the social groups to spend your final points.

Section 3: The Final Rule
All this time you have prepared your Sim to take on the world … It is time to reward them for their effort. To make the Sim get the most out of their training and put them on a great footing in a new game … You will “reset” their clock for their given “lifestage”.

Your Sim must prepare and digest Ambrosia with ingredients they provide themselves.

This will “zero” the lifestage clock for your Sim. It also requires you to perform certain tasks during the challenge to gather ingredients and prepare the meal … Bon Appetit!

Good Luck in your Attempts … And try to stay true to the intentions of the Sim you are playing. You don’t want to do the same things with every Sim who takes the challenge because all Sims are not the same. Learn how that Sim operates … Figure out if you like or hate them. Later you can decide if you can actually stand to play them for any period of time. Not all of your challenge Sims are suited for extended play … But they will all add “life” to your game.

These are the baseline rules … And I will be adding additional rules applicable for players who find this challenge too easy. I use a much more rigorous set of rules that force situations and go miles further towards developing Sims, but I think they may be misunderstood and are designed to help my Sims.

Any suggestions or comments are always welcome … Even if you think the Challenge sucks.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
Post edited by BlackSand on

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    @BlackSand‌ The mascot left the school welcome bucket on my lot. Do I just sell it to get rid of it? Also, the game added a HS diploma and a camera in my sim's inventory when I put him in game. What about those?

I gave him the Fixer Upper Car since you thought that would be in the spirit of the challenge, but it sure takes up room on the lot! (It can't be placed on the parking spot until it's fixed.) And the tent I found in buy mode was not a green one, but it's still just a 2-man pup tent and looks like yours.

Should I share pics of my sim here or in the other thread where I've been posting? Here's my first shot of Maxwell Abbott, sitting in the rain, waiting for the paper kid to show up so he can look for a job. He's near the downtown area of Bridgeport. First time I've played in that town, so this should be fun.
    MaxwellAbbott.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @lanlyn ... Looks like you have a great starting lot.
    I like the colors you chose ... And how it is arranged so far.

Mascot, Bucket and Time Portal (if applicable)
    Sorry I didn't cover that in the rules.
    Since I have played the Challenge with many Sims I forgot.
    The mascot won't come to the lot again if you just load another Sim on it later.
    Only the first Sim to Challenge on the lot will have the option and I use the same lot every time.

Note: If you hadn't have put the parking space and car on the lot ... The first Sim would also have the Time Portal.
    In both cases it is perfectly okay to sell both items (Portal or Bucket) ... Because they will limit lots space if you don't.

Car and Parking Spot:

It seems that the car takes up the same amount of space as the parking spot.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be reasonable to assume that they are the same for the time being and sell the parking spot.
    You will have to buy the spot later once you fix the car ... But you can still do that in good spirit of the Challenge.

Camera and Diploma:
    The Sim comes with those regardless ... Just like a phone.
    Do with them whatever you wish because they are not technically items "on the lot" when you purchase it.
    I personally sell any pictures my Challenge Sims take while in the Challenge.

I do this so there is no extra "saved data" that may eventually corrupt the saved Sim.

Good Job Setting Up ... Great Questions Getting Started.
    Good Luck and Let Me know How Things are Working Out.

• Options
    @lanlyn ...

Sharing Your Challenge Story

Feel free to share wherever you want to.
    I try not to give too many details about the Challenge in other threads.
    If you do ... It often turns into an "question and answer" session in an off-topic thread.

You can put anything in this thread and I won't bite your head off.
    I encourage suggestions and discussion ... And can use any experiences you share to make things better with the overall Challenge.

Feel free to describe your Sim and what they want.
    Give others ideas on how to provide more to their Individual Challenges through any added goals or tasks you may apply.

• Options
    @BlackSand‌ Yah, the portal plopped down somewhere else in town. That happened in another world I played, not because the lot was too small, but because there wasn't any flat space. And then, one time, I had the Weather Stone show up on my home lot instead of a community lot. Can't remember why that happened.

I'll sell the parking space for now, as you suggested, until the car gets fixed, give Maxwell a little wiggle room. Also, I guess it's ok for me to buy a few things as long as the items don't sit permanently on the lot? I'm thinking of portable things like the Workforce Warrior Business Planner...or an umbrella!

I've had rain turned off in all my games for quite a while. Got tired of the umbrellas. And I've never played with hail turned on. So this will be a different kind of play for me in many ways. I also turned on the complete moon cycle instead of keeping it on Waxing Gibbous as I usually do. Might as well go all in since I am with the weather! I'm a bit worried about Maxwell. I'm so used to spoiling my sims at this point. Max is vulnerable to the elements, burglars, zombies, and maybe even meteors! He has rolled a wish to visit the graveyard on a full moon. Well, he's going to get that wish because I need to look for a death flower for him. :#

I'll share Maxwell's story here. He's a YA, Libra. I gave him the Brave trait, mainly because he's going to have to be his only line of defense against burglars and other calamities. He's joined the Business Career. I don't think I've played that career before. Might have. But it fits with the big city feel of Bridgeport. Max's other traits are Workaholic, Schmoozer, Charismatic, and Genius. I gave him the Lifetime Wish of owning a 5-Star Resort, which fits with his business career, but will be easy NOT to complete during the challenge. His storyline is that he's come to the city to advance his career, gain some experience, and earn enough simoleons to buy his own resort. He's sacrificing everything towards that goal.

Max got a wish to send a friendly text to the mascot:
    "Hey, man, you can't leave that bucket here! Can't you see I'm a bit cramped?"
    TextingMascot.jpg

"But Bro! Where's your school spirit?"
    "I don't have time for school spirit right now. Sorry. It doesn't fit in with The Plan!"
    MascotReads.jpg

Ahem, Maxwell, don't you have anything better to do right now?
    original.jpg
    "Oh, right. Sorry about that. Got distracted by the rain. Guess I'll work on that car."
    original.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @lanlyn ... Lolz … I can see you are quickly finding out it may be harder than you thought.

The “weather” is added to the challenge to provide those obstacles.
    Your Sim doesn’t have an umbrella … So, something has to happen:

A: You change into a swimsuit and don’t suffer the bad moodlet.
    (At least until you will freeze to death doing so)
    B: Find someplace to get inside until it stops raining.
    (Good Luck outrunning the rain for 112 days)
    C: Suffer the bad moodlet and take the hit it provides at slowing down your LTR points.
    D: Before it gets too cold … Use LTR’s to purchase “Immune to Cold”
    E: Anything else you can think of … Lolz, it is only 112 Days!

Each obstacle no matter how minor it may seem at first … Was something I incorporated into the Challenge. Each is designed to push the player towards taking actions that support the Sim long-term or their Challenge will suffer. It also gets you out of the habits you have in playing the game.

It isn’t easy …

Another thing that will slip up on you:
    You have to grow a life plant … And stuff doesn’t grow well in the fall or spring with random planting and freezing.
    Zombies will eat your garden as well … So the one life plant you may have growing at the end of summer might not be there the next morning … And so on.

There are many things in the Challenge that do not stick out at first.
    Good news though … This is your first try and I won’t beat you up for not being perfect.
    The important thing is to “stay-true” to your Sim … They may not meet the Challenge.
    Even if they don’t succeed … They will be worth adding to any game, any world.

On a Lighter note ... Your Sim looks great, and like he fits the part.

Maxwell looks right at home working on the car ... And always make sure to have some fun.
    I loved the dialog you added to the story ... And that is part of "getting to know" your Sim.
    These things they encounter in the Challenge build memories you will think about when you see them playing in another town later.

You have a great start.
    Just try to start thinking outside the box to accomplish goals in line with the Challenge and with respects to your Sim.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @BlackSand‌ Thanks for the support. I didn't know that changing into the swimsuit would stop the Getting Soaked moodlet. I haven't been playing with rain. I had Max run down to the library just a block away. He's practicing his speech in the bathroom mirror right now. He has two days before he begins work, so I'd like him to get a good start on fixing the car. I guess he'll just have to do it in his swim trunks.

And I'm so afraid he's going to have his stuff stolen! I never play without an alarm. That life fruit is going to be tricky too. I figured he could get his gardening skill up by using the simple community garden, but the life fruit is going to be a different thing altogether. Better start thinking about that right away. Too bad he can't keep it inside his tent!

At least he'll have a roof over his head while he's at work. :p
  • Options
    @lanlyn‌

Lolz ... Yeah, You are living right there on the edge with Max.
    You don't have an alarm ... And if you don't have the "Brave" trait (none of my Challenge Sims have had that trait) ... It really depends on how fast you can call the police and they can get there. Lenny is also the first Challenge Sim I have run that has lost his stuff ... It has been interesting (difficult at times), but not a Challenge ender.

Important:
    It doesn't matter how much you worry ... It doesn't change anything.
    Deal with what comes ... Think about the next day and what you can do.

Good Choice:
    For instance ... It was great working on Charisma right off the bat whether or not you know it.
    Sure Max will need it for long-term gains ... But he is going to use it a lot quicker making friends and advancing at the Career.
    That is a requirement for advancement/promotion applied by the game ... Not just a Challenge benchmark.

You already got started on two things that are Challenge goals ... "Charisma" and "Handiness".

You strike me (and I could be wrong) with the idea you are a "Manager" style of player ... One who like to manage and protect their Sims.
    Well ... It is time to start thinking about ways to manage what you do have ... What you can do ... What you can accomplish.
    Everything else just becomes road blocks ... And actually finishing the Challenge is pretty much a puzzle in time management.

Good Additional goals if you feel up to the Extra Challenge:
    Lifetime Rewards: Hotel Mogul (obviously), Discount Diner (smoozer trait), Office Hero (workaholic trait)
    Extra Honors Award if you can achieve this one ... "Honorary Degree" in Business (costs 50,000 LTR's)

Just think about what you need Max to do ... Think about what Max wants to do ... And let the rest play out.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Rule Clarification:
    The rules state that you cannot "sell" anything off your lot.
    As you progress, you will get items in the mail from other Sims.
    My view is that your Sim has earned it one way or another ... And can do with the item what they please.

If you want to put a decorative plant on display on your lot (might give a moodlet bonus) go ahead (takes space)
    If you choose to simply "sell" all items you receive in the mail ... Go ahead with that as well.

Suggestion:

Don't "save" your Challenge Sim (when completed) with any items and risk corrupting the save.
    That is still a suggestion and not a rule.

@lanlyn … Okay I have some questions for you.
    This subject is not covered at all in the Challenge Rules.
    It may or may not have an effect on the “finished product” (Lenny) of the Challenge.
    I will give you a little background and then the questions.
    No Rush to answer either … Just looking for input.

Background Info on Challenge Progression:
    Lenny has never had (and still doesn’t) the intent to stay in Sunset Valley. He came to do the Challenge and prepare to move to Bridgeport where the film scene is popping. Lenny is just a young guy with big dreams … Expecting to skate right through like he always has. He figured, he could handle the tasks, chase the ladies and leave Sunset valley a smoldering mess if he left like it. You have been following the story long enough to know it hasn’t worked out Lenny’s way socially.

Lifetime Wish: Distinguished Director
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Irresistibility, Star Quality, Athletic and Snob

Challenge Objectives:
    Money Target: Already Achieved
    Required Skills Targets: Already Achieved
    Community Service Hours: Already Achieved
    Career Goal: Already Achieved (Writer - Self Employed - Level 10)

Rule Compliance: 100% Achieved So Far.
    Still needs to prepare and eat Ambrosia of course, but has the ingredients in his inventory.

Added Personal Goals
    :
    Lifetime Rewards: No Jealousy (irresistible trait), Always on the List (occupational), Excellent Groupie (occupational), Legendary Host (occupational) and Never Dull (general).

Skills: Charisma 10 (occupational), Writing 10 (occupational) Social Networking 8 (occupational)
    Hasn’t achieved 8 in Social Networking but won’t have a problem doing so.

Bonus Achievement: Honorary Degree – Fine Arts
    Bonus Achievement not completed yet, but he has 36,589 of the 50,000 LTR’s needed and 3.5 weeks to get the rest.

In short … He isn’t going to fail the Challenge.

Okay … Then Spring comes around and Lenny wraps up all the projects he has been working on. He finishes off a “Masterpiece” book. He sells his Fishing Industry garb (didn’t really sell anything … just got rid of the clothes made to look like winter wear for fishing commercially). He basically wraps up all loose ends knowing he is going to pass the test.

Survival%20029_zpsrjhxxrq0.jpg

Survival%20031_zpshfpjc5kf.jpg

Survival%20027_zpsdqotlfuv.png

So … Here is where the “question” starts:

You know he has been taking it cool with the ladies … And you know he kind of likes the “Naughty Librarian”. Lenny isn’t expecting to actually “work” another day during the challenge. He is in the Library and Vita Alto is coming upstairs to give him the old “Impassioned Speech” and hit him up for money. I play Lenny the way I would figure he handles things. Lenny almost never answers his phone … But looking for a way to get out of talking to Vita … He answers his phone when it rings.

Survival%20028_zpscojgv2br.jpg

Survival%20034_zpscx0hiqlz.jpg

It is the “Naughty Librarian” and she wants to go on a date. It is late, and although Lenny is thankful for the interruption … He would pass-out soon after getting anywhere. So he decides to decline. Lenny is hanging out at the Festival Grounds spending time with all kinds of folks … But still seems really sad and distracted at times. He goes to The Tombs (actually a remodel of Vargs’) and even though playing pool with his arch nemesis Nick … He is constantly distracted … And Lenny figures it has something to do with the “Naughty Librarian”.

Survival%20030_zpskqrigfny.jpg

Survival%20032_zps7pfbcyaj.jpg

Lenny is not staying in Sunset Valley no matter what.
    The “Naughty Librarian” is actually Jamie Jolina with a makeover and child that is now a toddler.
    Lenny Doesn't know about the toddler (Colleen) or Jamie's old relationship with Gobias.
    Jamie has also achieved Level 7 in the Medical Career on her own with Story Progression … And a few skills (minor).

Question 1:
    Do we need rules for relationships in the Challenge?
    If we added rules would it stay true to the intent of the Challenge?
    Would allowing Relationships to cross over to the "Save" be in spirit of the Challenge?

Question 2:
    If we don’t need rules … And Lenny decides to get involved with the NPC … How do I handle that?

Do I make the NPC go through the Challenge the same as Lenny did?
    Do I “zero” the NPC back to no skills or history if she does?
    Do I remove relationships … Or let Lenny take care of Colleen while Jamie Challenges?

Question 3:
    Do I not think about anything … And if Jamie and Lenny work something out, just save them as a “Household” when Lenny finishes and move them all the way they are?

I am going to spend some time preparing some new Challenge Sims and refining ideas on the "Alaska Challenge Expansion".
    So no need to rush and reply ... Lenny can sit and have a few drinks for the moment.

Survival%20033_zpsic64ynxw.jpg

• Options
    @BlackSand‌ I want to post more later; I have a few pictures to share--a couple along this line--but just off the top of my head, I think relationships should be taken into account in the challenge to some extend. Some of the stories and goals of the participating sims might be geared toward other sims, either romance-wise or family/children-wise, or just through basic popularity. Or what about a Gold Digger participant who wants to seduce a rich sim? I know we're not suppose to finish the Lifetime Wish, but some of the storyline goals are made to support that Wish. As long as relationships are not interfering with the participant's personal goals, I don't think they should be banned. I think relationships could very well be in the spirit of the challenge. It's difficult to play The Sims without being social. NPCs flock to the active sims like bees to honey. :p

However, I think it would get messy if you allowed invitations to move in together during the challenge. In your own case, there's a child to be considered. But in the end, once everything's completed, I don't see any reason for Lenny to leave his lady behind when he moves to Bridgeport. And I don't think you should have to worry about a challenge for her. She showed up on Lenny's watch, and just being close to Lenny will influence her life as an NPC. But as you say, she's already been out in the world doing things. You'd have to use some sort of cheat to clean her slate, so to speak, and that again would make the challenge tricky.

But for more examples: that Gold Digger might complete all her challenge goals and as a last step, marry her intended victim before the player saves them both to the bin. Or the family oriented sim might find a lucky lady to start his new life with. A Mr. Popularity could have a final save with a few friends joining him as household buddies, all going to the bin together. Don't you think this would work? Keep all the main challenge goals as they are, concentrate on the one sim, but let the final save-to-bin include other sims if that fits in with the individual challenge and would make a neat household to add to other worlds.

Anyway, those are my thoughts at the moment. :)
  • Options
    @lanlyn ... Thanks tons for the input.

I think we are going along the same lines as far as relationships and expectations of the Individual Sim in regards to their challenge. There are already set rules about "habitation" during the Challenge in Section One - Lot Requirements that will keep things from getting messy concerning the Challenge. Furthermore ... I love the input you have on further preparing the Challenge Sim when considering the "Gold Digger" or "Mister Popular". I think it goes a lot further towards developing the desired outcome the Challenge was designed to create.

I don't think we needs additional relationship rules after reading your thoughts.
    I do think your suggestions towards creating more applicable saves is worth the effort.

As of now (things may play out different) ... I will not transfer anything between Jamie and Lenny. If they work something out ... I will use "Edit Town" to transfer the toddler and the NPC into Lenny's "Household" after he completes the Challenge. Then save the Household to the bin for later placement.

Thanks Again for the ideas ... And I look forward to finding out how Max is doing.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @BlackSand‌ Maxwell is getting settled in Bridgeport. He's had some good things happen and some not so good. :p First of all, I found that the city did not have any community garden or Hangout. It's mainly clubs and bars. So I put down a small lot and added a hangout with a small garden in it, just your basic apple tree, tomatoes, grapes, and a few more. I added some activities for the sims, but nothing big time. The place is always busy! It's like these sims had nothing of interest to do besides drink and party at night. :o Now the kids and teens show up here too. And the lot is near enough to Maxwell's so he can run over there pretty quickly. Also, I looked at the library. It's huge, but it didn't have any skill books. I added the necessary bookcases and a few things over there too. Nothing overpowering.

Here's the Bridgeport Beat Hangout. Max has been consigning some of his produce, either picked from the lot's garden or from his home lot, to the harvest cart and has made some good returns. He's also used the consignment shop, which is close by. The NPCs really like tending the cart, even the kids do it.
    Bridgeport%2520Beat.jpg
    Max is in the garden in this shot. Everyone else is doing a bit of this and that! I placed a Bonehilda on the lot and she stays very busy keeping the place clean and the items repaired.
    FirstLevel.jpg
    Now Max is trying to get a bite to eat. He's gaining cooking skills from the wood oven and the ingredients don't cost him too much, so it's a good deal. You can see he's tired. He came down with a 3-day attack of allergies. He was so exhausted and strained from being ill and working, but he finally earned enough lifetime points for me to give him the Simmunity award.
    BusyPlace.jpg
    The basement has a big TV and rest areas. The herbs growing in the pots have the beneficial effects of staving hunger, providing energy, and aiding social interactions. Unfortunately, the first time I gave Max the licorice, it was with some fried food and he got queasy. Thank goodness for his Simmunity now! I also want to find some Sweet Grass seeds so he can plant that. It's suppose to remove any negative moodlets and to ease indigestion issues (in the game). I've never tried it. :\
    Basement.jpg
    This shot shows where Max's place is located. He's near the Fairgrounds, the hangout, a fishing spot, the grocery store, behind the Consignment Store, and around the corner from the library. And there are subway tunnels when needed. :)
    Locaton.jpg
    Maxwell continues to work on his car. He's made some progress. But it seems to always be raining! And here, there's even hail coming down. Poor guy. He keeps rolling wishes to buy things to make his life easier. <sigh>
    RainNHail.jpg
  • Options
    @lanlyn ... Very Good Job So Far ... I was wondering how well Bridgeport would work with the challenge.

I understand you putting in a few touches with the Bridgeport Beat ... And you did a nice job on design.
    Thinking outside the box and providing Community opportunities looks good on a resume.

Actually ... No matter how he feels, Maxwell looks at home and like he is having a good time.
    Maybe it is just the solid food ... Beats the heck out roasted frog off the burn pit.

Let me know how he plays as well ... Whether or not you like him, or does he drive you nuts?
    Are you thinking about making him a "townie" ... Is there a chance he may get serious game time?

Look like you have great start ... And things will work out for Maxwell.

Lenny finished his Challenge right before I checked the site to see how things were going with Maxwell.
    All I have left to do is pack his stuff out and save him to the bin.

I will post a little blurb when I get around to it.
    Just remember that Lenny is not my first challenger ... And I have done this a few times.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Odds and Ends.

Zombies at the Hangout. The teenager makes fun of this zombie. The kid's a daredevil, so I guess he's not afraid. :D
    original.jpg
    This zombie attacked the hangout's garden. But the next day, the plants were back in shape and producing. Nice.
    original.jpg
    The first day of work, Maxwell used his Workaholic trait to Power Work and gained a raise. The second day, he s.ucked up to the boss, and they reached friend level. As soon as he got home from work, he got a call for a date. I was starting to say no because he was tired, but realized it was his boss! Yikes. Sticky situation. So I let him go out for a short date--still in his goffer work clothes. This lady is a go-getter when it comes to flirting. Unfortunately, she also has the Insane and Childish traits. Don't tick her off, Max, m' boy!
    original.jpg
    Running in the rain near the library, using his new umbrella. I sold the camera the game gave him and bought an umbrella, a soccer ball (for the Athletic skill), and a Multi-Tab with that extra money. Max can't afford a computer. He has to "Work from Home" using public computers. But he does use his tablet for podcasts when he has a chance. Even then, it's difficult for him to find the time to listen in!
    original.jpg
    Harvesting herbs. Max made some good money consigning the Chamomile. I haven't had a real chance to test their effects on him yet.
    original.jpg
    Roasting a tomato. Not nearly as tasty as Fried Green Tomatoes, probably. :s
    original.jpg
    One night, Max was drop-dead tired and very sick. He didn't have time to fix a meal, but I saw a wild mushroom growing behind his outhouse. Max wolfed it down and went straight to bed, uh I mean, tent.
    original.jpg
    He felt better the next morning and had time to make Breakfast Calzone before heading off to work.
    original.jpg
    Maxwell took on an assignment to read a book for his boss. He headed to the library so he could get it read faster, but ended up napping first.
    original.jpg
    Later, he experienced some sort of glitching nightmare! Popped out of his tent with broken wrists and ankles. :o But he woke up fine.
    original.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @BlackSand‌ I'm getting attached to Max. :) He'll probably get enough game time later for me to give him his resort and have him run it. I'd like him to get a Business Degree too, but that might not happen during the challenge unless it's a lifetime reward. I still need to think about his extra personal goals for this challenge.

I forgot to mention, I also had to add a death flower to the cemetery in Bridgeport through Edit Town. I couldn't find one growing there when Max explored the place. I thought all cemeteries were suppose to have one. The graveyard did have a pretty cool tomb clubhouse; I'd never seen it. Looks like it's for vampires. There were several vamps in the cemetery when Max showed up.

RE: Roasted frog. LOL, worse than tomatoes! The only fish Max has had a chance to get so far is toad. :s

Hey, and congrats to Lenny!
  • Options
    @lanlyn ... I think that is the "Bling" family teenager making fun of the Zombie.
    Maxwell's boss is a character I remember as well ... I usually get Odine as my first boss when playing a career in Bridgeport.
    Maxwell will probably have some funky co-workers he has to get all buddy-buddy with as well.
    Sounds like you are getting things ironed out for Maxwell ... And that is fine if you are playing "true" to him.

I love the part where he took a nap in the Library ... But probably because Lenny practically lived his last 67 days napping at the library among other places. Maxwell reminds me of someone I worked with years ago (looks and behavior) ... And he would have napped in the library if sent there to research a book. I also have an upgraded version of the Bridgeport Library ... But haven't been able to upload anything to the Exchange.

The Bridgeport Cemetery is a different place ... The game doesn't even count the Mausoleum there.
    If you purchase the property and want to upgrade it to make more money ... You have to actually place another one.
    That is an "upgrade requirement" for the property.

I also meant to say roasted toad ... My challenge Sims haven't caught a frog yet (may be only available in France).
    Good Luck to Maxwell and I am loving how things are going with him.

• Options
    Pre-Exit Update for Lenny

Lenny got into the second week of Spring and decided to return the invitation of a date with Jaime.
    Unfortunately they then spent days playing "phone tag" where either one or the other was always busy doing something.

Lenny kind of took it all as a sign that he should just use the time he had left to prepare even more and not worry about it.
    He did finally end up getting a date with her ... But it was 4 days from the end of his challenge.
    They had a good time (no romance involved) ... But it was too close to his "exit date" to worry about rushing anything along.

Survival%20039_zpsybnl11qs.jpg

As things came to an end there was a freak snowstorm the day before summer.
    Lenny was ready to go and the naps were wearing on him.
    He wandered the empty streets of Sunset Valley the night before ... Even ran into and became "best friends" with an alien.
    He spent his last day in Sunset Valley like any half-nerdy young man would ... Playing video games on the library computer until it was time to leave.

Survival%20035_zpstjw2inob.jpg

Survival%20036_zpsjauaenr2.jpg

Survival%20037_zpscepxhats.jpg

• Options
    Honestly ... To My Surprise ... Lenny Lovelace Shatters Every Standing Record on the Books!

The young goof-off man who came to breeze through the challenge met obstacles the other challengers haven't. The Sims gods messed with him constantly until he focused back on the mission. Finally understanding the purpose of the challenge, Lenny buckled down and broke records with extra honors.

He Even Received a Key to the City ... All in 112 Days!

Survival%20038_zps2htfwsa8.jpg

Lenny Lovelace:

Young Adult Male

Lifetime Wish: Distinguished Director
    Starting Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Athletic, Irresistible, Star Quality, Snob
    Additional Traits Earned: Computer Whiz (Nerd Influence), Workaholic (Honorary Degree Bonus)

Challenge Goals:

Net Worth 1,150,106 Simoleons (250,000 Required ... New Record)
    Skill Requirements: Gardening (10), Fishing (10), Cooking (10), Charisma (10), Handiness (8), Logic (6)
    Occupational or Career Requirement: Writer (10), Fishing (10), Photography (9) (1 complete Required ... New Record)
    Community Service Hours: 118.5 Hours (80 required ... New Record)
    Lifetime Reward Points: 323,028 Earned - 545 Unspent ... New Record

Additional Player Added Goals:

Lifetime Rewards: No Jealousy (irresistible trait), Always on the List (occupational), Excellent Groupie (occupational), Legendary Host (occupational) and Never Dull (general)
    Extra Challenge Objective: Honorary Degree - Fine Arts (occupational)

Non-Targeted Accomplishments:

Skills: Photography (10), Social Networking (8),

Lifetime Rewards: Attractive, Multi-Tasker, Simunity, Immune to Heat, Immune to Cold, Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, Dirt Defiant, Meditative Sleep, No Jealousy, Long Distance Friend, Entrepreneurial Mindset and Watering Hole Regular

Honorary Degree - Communications (That's right folks ... 2 Honorary Degrees)

Master Skill Challenges: Charisma (Celebrity, Super-Friendly), Fishing (Commercial Fisherman, Amateur Ichthyologist) , Cooking (Menu Maven), Logic (Teacher Extraordinaire), Writer (Speed Writer, Prolific Writer, Sports Writer), Photography (Architectural Eye)

Achievments_zpskz6nazwd.png

• Options
    edited February 2015
    New Challenger

Heather%20001_zpsza61hnt9.jpg

Heather Pascal

This daughter of Canadian-French and Native American parents has accepted the challenge right out of high school.
    A basketball star in the high school ... She plans on refining her skills further towards and eventual dream of becoming a Superstar Athlete.

Lifetime Wish: Become a Superstar Athlete
    Traits: Athletic, Brave, Daredevil, Loves to Swim and Star Quality

Favorites: Stir-fry, Island Life Music, and the color Spiceberry
    Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Additional Personal Goals:

Honorary Degree - Physical Education (Adding "Disciplined" Trait)
    Jock Influence (10) ... (Adding "Adventurous" Trait)

Athletic Skill (10) ... Plus all 3 Athletic Master Skill Challenges
    Writer (10) ... Plus All 3 Writer Master Skill Challenges (Sports Writer)
    Handiness (10) ... Plus Electrician and Plumber Master Skill Challenges

Additional Lifetime Rewards:
    Dirt Defiant (occupational), Hustler (competitive), All Weather Champion (competitive), Competitive Eater (competitive), Simunity (health), Immune to Heat (health) and Immune to Cold (health)

• Options
    Here are Maxwell Abbott's personal Challenge goals. It's a long list, but most of them should be easy to accomplish given the Challenge's Rules:

Running a resort requires a certain set of job skills.
    1. "Get to Know" someone with each of the following careers or traits. Become friends with 3 of them:
      • Business
      • Culinary or Food Service
      • Bartender or Barista
      • Shop or Front Desk Clerk
      • Maintenance worker or House Service sim (could be repairman or maid), or a sim with the Neat or Handiness Trait
    2. Clean something (toilet, counter, sink ...) at least 5 times
    3. Repair or upgrade 3 things
    4. Gain level 3 in the Mixology Skill
    5. Invest in a venue. Make enough earnings to realize a profit by Challenge end.
    6. Stay at a resort and while there:
      • Chat with 3 different employees
      • Try out 5 different amenities (pool, pool bar, buffet table, food stand, room service, firewalk, VIP room, spa service, exercise machine, hot tub, attend a wedding service ...)
    7. Earn the Lifetime Reward of Hotel Mogul
    8. Take the entrance apptitude exam for the University and earn 400/400 points in both the Business and Communication areas

Bridgeport doesn't have a resort, I'm pretty sure. I'll have to create one through Edit Town so Max can visit it. Otherwise, I'll have to drop that personal goal.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @BlackSand‌ Very impressed with Lenny's accomplishments! Wow. :D And Heather looks like she will be another good challenger.

Re: Lala Angelista, Max's boss. I just looked her up on the Sims Wikia. She's single but has a grown daughter. I'm going to try to keep things on the Friendly level with her, no romance. Max will have to look elsewhere for that!

Wonder if I should try to Edit the Graveyard just so the Mausoleum will be functional. I don't think the issue would affect Max, but you never know. Also I have the Door of Life and Death. Might be fun to put the Grim Reaper down in the vampire lair. Again, nothing really to do with Max or his goals--I'd do it just for grins when I fix the mausoleum. ;)
  • Options
    @lanlyn ... Your added goals for Maxwell seem great!

Are you planning on keeping Maxwell in Bridgeport or moving him to a world like Island Paradise?
    I hate that Bridgeport doesn't have a resort ... But I think I saw one that Rflong7 designed to kind of fit Bridgeport.

In editing the graveyard ... I kind of rearrange the tombstones on top of the hill by the covered area.
    There is enough flat ground there, if you move stuff around ... And a Mausoleum will fit.

By all means have fun doing whatever ... I mean it is a game.

Heather%20002_zps1wzbbgca.jpg

Heather%20003_zps7cwi18ib.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2015
    @BlackSand‌ I'm not sure where Max will end up. I'm liking Bridgeport more than I thought I would. But it's one of the older worlds and there's not a lot of extra room for updating it. I spent most of my time in Edit Town today. I found the Buena Vista Resort up by the mountain lakes. It was called a resort, but it was designated a "small" park. I spent time adding the necessary items to make it a functioning resort and relabeled the lot. When Max has a day off, I'll have him check in so that he can have a look around. He won't be able to afford VIP accommodations, but he'll be ok in the rabbit hole rooms.

Max finally got his car upgraded and took it out for the first time. His favorite color is blue, so his car is the blue model.
    original.jpg

He has reached level 5 in his career and has made friends with a co-worker as well as his boss (Good Friend level for both). He only has around 20,000 cash right now after his 2 investments. That 9 to 5 job really eats up all his time. I usually make my sims self-employed because it gives them so much more freedom, and I think it's easier to make money that way too. As soon as Max hits level 10 in Business, I may have him quit. He needs to get busy earning more cash in quicker ways.

Max invested in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon, which cost him 1000 simoleons as a partner, with a return of 500 weekly. So in 2 weeks, he'll get his money back and then begin earning a profit. He also became a partner in the Vault of Antiquity, which costs 2000 to invest, but pays out 1000 weekly. It's actually better to just invest in these two smaller venues rather than buy them.
    original.jpg
    original.jpg

It was a full moon again, so I guess it's been 10 days into the Challenge. Maxwell spent his time at home dealing with Night of the Living Dead. It was actually pretty funny. I got a few chuckles. I haven't dealt with zombies much. After Max's first scare, he just laughed at them and went about his business (literally). They ate his plant and his two trees though. I was hoping they would leave the trees alone; the animals do. :(
    original.jpg
    This was Max's own idea to do a Business Presentation. The zombies weren't listening though. :D
    BusinessPresentation.jpg
    Three zombies on this little lot!
    RoastedTrout.jpg

Here are some pics of the resort. I kept it simple so that I could get back to playing. But I had to expand the top floor of the existing building and add the rabbit hole and another small cabin for the VIP rooms. It's a pretty location and the lot was 64x64.
    Rooms.jpg
    Waterfall:
    Waterfall.jpg
    View of the foggy city:
    CityView.jpg
    The resort's own zombie:
    ResortZombie.jpg

EDIT: A couple of the pics weren't showing up. Not sure why. I replaced them.
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    @BlackSand‌ I think Heather is a real cutie! :)
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @BlackSand‌ I think Heather is a real cutie! :)

@lanlyn ... Thanks for the kind comment.

I am starting to like her a little ... And I think she is pretty as well.
    One of the things you don't notice in the pictures yet (because she is fit) ... Is the fact she is a pretty big woman.

The body slider for weight is about half-way up ... And muscle with tone are pretty high.
    Next to some premades she looks like an Amazon.

I stick with the plan though ... And to support the "character" during the challenge ... She "jogs" just about everywhere she goes.
    I also have a personal goal set at meeting all the Master Challenges under Athletics ... One of which is "Marathon Runner".
    If it is a party or where she might have to worry about hygiene ... She will use the motorcycle though.

Heather%20004_zpscnceta0h.jpg

• Options
    Heather has been burning the midnight oil ...

Heather%20007_zps25oyrpnk.jpg