The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

custom music will not play.

Hi all, I was wondering why my custom music won't play. I have it under and in the right sections, under custom music and in there selected pop/romance ect files. The names show up in my game but they will not play. They are .mp3 files, that I converted with Real Player. I have tried them as windows media player files, real player and my zune files. All show but none play. Anything that can be done? Any suggestions? I even tried taking them out and putting them in a clean custom music folder.
Thanks for any tips

Comments

• Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    I have a similar problem. I added some mp3 in the custom music folders. I see a longer list in the music game options now, but they don't have a title and when I click play, they are just mute. The files are not defect. They play in other music players, like media player.
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    something to try if the files are the correct size and format see here for confirmation http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Adding_custom_music

i first turned off the music in game and saved for the station i added music to. i then exited game and added custom music to the folder and then reenter the game