Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are we putting the new shops?

New shops? Do we get a dedicated shopping area like a downtown or mall? Do we have to put a new business in a Sim's garage...oh, wait, we don't have those yet... Wouldn't it be wonderful if they gave up a new world for this?
That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Isn't there a new district or something? I'm guessing a new world like Outdoor Retreat did?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    We are getting a new district space for workplaces and businesses, my guess they are going to enlarge the maps for willow creek possibly for oasis springs as well.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I heard about a new district as well but idk if it's a new world or an expansion on Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

"New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling."
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    My guess is that it will be a new world, which will actually be what's on the other side of willow creek's "distant city". And, I think it will be sectioned off into a few different neighborhoods, one of which containing the shops("the retail district").
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm just hoping that we can create shops in the worlds we already have. I'll finally have some use for the smaller starter homes I never use.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    Maybe in a mall? Where there is only sim-owned stores. I wish though...
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @EAfan99 - gotta love Spongebob....we have mutual friends like my grandchildren ;-) And, you're right about the small lots as there's really no room for a pool...Heaven forbid we'd have to work in a driveway and garage. I quickly learned how to move the houses on the lots already when I had to work in the pools and I'm a bit concerned about where garages will go. lol Nevertheless, since I really play Sims to build, it's a good excuse to demolish, be creative, and rebuild.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    We must remember this is an E.P not , a stuff pack(old name) or game pack(new name) , patch or anything of that nature so with that being said I'm positive a new world / district / hood / hidden area / space... is coming with this E.P no doubt in my mind. (crosses fingers,eyes,toes and legs) :p
  • Options
    sweetpink123sweetpink123 Posts: 33 Member
    I really hope we can create malls and stuff *cross fingers*
    plumbobmorgan.tumblr.com
    iY4HSu3.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    We are getting a new district space for workplaces and businesses, my guess they are going to enlarge the maps for willow creek possibly for oasis springs as well.

This
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    From the looks of the trailer the current worlds are being extended!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    As far as I can tell, the bakery from the trailer fits perfectly in Willow Creek. I'm guessing a new neighborhood dedicated to shopping areas. I hope for a huge lot within the hood so I can build a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 SIMMART where they sell most everything...
  • Options
    Adding to what I said above... I think no new world is coming but i try to believe they give us a new residential hood where a doctor, a police officer, a scientist reside, and they have the opportunity to give us a house furnished with the new items.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It could be both. If you look at this breakdown video it look like we age getting another world.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9bH9iB9IedY

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    > @GoddessSims said:
    > It could be both. If you look at this breakdown video it look like we age getting another world.
    >

Je thinks the hospital and police is a new world.... but it seems exactly like Willow Creek to me. The background buildings, the car lanes, houses across the house... Seems like a new neighborhood.
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Hopefully a new World and District, we need plenty of space for all of this.
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I hope they both expand upon the two existing worlds (the science facility makes me think this is possible) and give us a gigantic new world. Other than all the new lot types, I desperately need more space for new houses; all my lots are full. Plus, I want my business owning sims to live close to their shops. I wonder if we can take existing community lots, like the lounges, and buy them. There could be a cover charge upon entrance and then drink prices could be marked up. My fingers are crossed for this EP. I hope it is a good one.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    From the looks of the trailer the current worlds are being extended!

Yeah, that was what I was thinking as well. The hospital and police station look like Willow Creek & the Scientist job site looked like it was in Oasis Springs. I'm totally cool with them expanded our current worlds, just as long as they give us some extra space for blank lots.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the Police Station and the Hospital are in Willow Creek and the Science Lab is in Oasis Springs due to their surrounding. Because this is an Expansion Pack, I think the retail district will be a new world just for shops with existing shops like the bakery and empty lots to build our own shops on. If that is the layout then I will try to move the bars, museum and libraries to the retail district and open up those lots for houses.
  • Options
    missimaymissimay Posts: 75 Member
    That's a good idea :D
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think the Police Station and the Hospital are in Willow Creek and the Science Lab is in Oasis Springs due to their surrounding. Because this is an Expansion Pack, I think the retail district will be a new world just for shops with existing shops like the bakery and empty lots to build our own shops on. If that is the layout then I will try to move the bars, museum and libraries to the retail district and open up those lots for houses.

I'd also bulldoze the Museum completely xD

Depending on how big the Retail District is, we could potentially use those old hoods for 8 extra lots :)