Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitch with Objects and registering of actions

Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
Something I had after a birthday party:

Situation: A Sim couple directly after a birthday party, cleaning up.
I told the female Sim to put (filled) coktail glasses away.

Suddenly I noticed that one cocktail glass was attached to her wrist and she wouldn´t let go of it ... it would stay attached while the put other cocktail glasses into the fridge. The glass was clickable and would give the menu with the normal actions (like drink, put away and so on) but any action with it would terminate unsuccessfully.

A short while later I observed that both, the male as well as the female Sim aren´t able to sit on the chairs. The animation to sit down would start, but halfway through it the Sims woukld reset and would stand behind the chair again, with the order (to sit down) being erased.

I though saving and reloading would solve the problem, but the save would terminate unsuccessfully with an error message.

Afterwards I tried to use the cheat menu in order to reset the Sims themselves as well as the cocktail glass (that was attached to my female Sims wrist) and the chairs.

While it was successful for the cocktail glass (after resetting the cocktail glass it jumped next to the Sim on the ground and could successfully be cleaned) it was unsuccessful for the chairs in the house ... also, the error when trying to save the Sims would still be there.

As a last resort my 2 Sims traveled to the Park and then traveled back to the house.
This action solved the issue ... after returning to the house, everything was back to normal ... chairs would let my Sims sit on them and saving was possible again.

Unfortunately (and for obvious reasons) I cannot present any save for the problem.

Another thing I noticed ... before my Sims traveled to the Park the Stereo System in the house was out of order. When my Sims returned the Stereo System was working again (and nope ... I am sure that neither I ordered a Sim to repair it, nor a Sim autonomously repaired it)
I also noticed that the fridge doesn´t contain the whole stuff of the party ... so I guess that house was eset to some time before the glitch started

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Addendum to this case:
    I now had a similar case, although without sticky cocktail glass.

It was thursday evening.
    One of my household members wasn´t able to sit on the table in order to eat her meal. Like in the case before, the action to sit would go halfway through and then the Sim would reset (with the action to eat the meal being canceled).

Suspecting a similar case like I mentioned in the OP, I immediately ordered all household mambers to travel to another lot.

I was successful again.
    However, the date/time (and house state) was reset to 2 days ago, that is, the night from tuesday to wednesday and the same is true for the household funds, which more or less halved (from around 25k to 12.8 k (there had been a few promotions during those 2 days))
    The only thing that was preserved were the Sims (with their careers, needs, age and so on)

(It may be however that cocktail glasses were involved this time again, as the last household save was from short after a bithday party ... nd I know that I queued up putting away of cocktails ... similar to the last time before the game glitched)
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I would reset the sims using resetsim [first name] [last name] (replaced square brackets with the sims full names) to completely reset them. This should, theoretically, completely reset your sims and make them able to sit and remove the glasses from their hands. If it continues until the issue is dealt with, I would make sure it's not a mod or CC that's causing the problem, and manually clean yourself by dragging and dropping items into the bin.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I tried this when the first event surfaced (actually with every Sim in the household) and also tried to reset the objects I suspected to cause the trouble (like the chairs and the cocktail glass that was glued to Sims arm in the first event).
    It didn´t help in any way (well, actually not 100% correct ... at least the cocktail glass that was stuck to the one Sims arm was removed ... the problems with sitting down and eating however prevailed)
    Only traveling to another lot (with all household Sims) and returning helped (which IMHO also points at the problem being located at the lot ... not in the Sims)

I am also sure that no mods or CC can be resonsible ... I have not a single mod or CC-Item installed for Sims 4 ... in the first event it was only the Sims 4 base game that was installed, in the second event it was Sims 4 base game, Outdoor Retreat and the Christmas Pack.