Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finally got the sims 4

Now, I can't wait until Tuesday to play! Sure hope it's worth the 5 month wait!!

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    You'll enjoy it. :)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I'm sorry. #prayingforyou
  • Options
    AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Some people do.

Some people don't.

Don't let others scare you off from trying it out.
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    Play awhile, then uninstall. Wait about a year. Should be better! I was very disappointed at first. Managed to like it after awhile, but then uninstalled when I realized I was forcing myself to play. I'm sure it will be better eventually.
  • Options
    OnlyRivvilOnlyRivvil Posts: 49 Member
    It will feel smaller for you, but I believe that is mostly because we've been spoiled with content that has been collecting for years now by thousands of artists. That's ok, it is a fresh start and will take some love, care, and all the mods you can get your hands on. With the sale price they recently had on it, it is worth the money put in. Hope you enjoy, congrats.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Sorry to spoil your excitement but prepare to be disappointed. It's not worth it at all.... Good luck. You'll need it.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Congratulations! :D Glad for Mac users. :D Hope you'll enjoy it. :D
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Join us
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Sorry to spoil your excitement but prepare to be disappointed. It's not worth it at all.... Good luck. You'll need it.
    in a prayer circle for the OP to finally seek the truth as it lights the way through this treacherous tunnel of disappointment.
    Lets_pray.gif
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    It all just depends on your play style if you will the game :) but If you like traveling around the world then probably not. but if you like generational play then yes, TS4 is good.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Join us
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    in a prayer circle for the OP to finally seek the truth as it lights the way through this treacherous tunnel of disappointment.
    Lets_pray.gif
    Let's all pray and hope the disappointment isn't too much for them. They all need see the light of salvation!
    tumblr_inline_musa8aUULz1rgmk8h.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi, guys! Let's not make this about each other. Thanks!
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    I hope you like loading screens! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Every time I see a disruptive loading screen...
    iiWg1Gv.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I do <3

my 6 second loading screens make sure I ALWAYS have sims to hang out around.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

I do <3

:# same here!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    Have plenty of fun with it. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I do <3

Sadly some sims always hang around. I've tried arguing and being mean to neighbors and they still pop up and follow me everywhere just to argue. And they show up several times a day :(

And won't loading screens get longer when the more content thats added to the game?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I do <3

Sadly some sims always hang around. I've tried arguing and being mean to neighbors and they still pop up and follow me everywhere just to argue. And they show up several times a day :(

And won't loading screens get longer with the more content thats added to the game?

You could always go to manage world and delete the sims that annoy you. They shouldn't follow you around and not leave when asked, that was fixed in the latest patch. Try posting over in the tech section if you are still having problems with that.

It depends on your computer how long the loading times are. I would say yes though, it probably will slow down with added content. But the specs are so low right now already.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Play it and see if it's to your liking.

Ignore the off-putting posts.
    xo0yscju
  • Options

I do <3

And won't loading screens get longer with the more content thats added to the game?

You could always go to manage world and delete the sims that annoy you. They shouldn't follow you around and not leave when asked, that was fixed in the latest patch. Try posting over in the tech section if you are still having problems with that.

It depends on your computer how long the loading times are. I would say yes though, it probably will slow down with added content. But the specs are so low right now already.

They leave when asked too it's just that they keep on coming back. But I'll take a peep in the tech section to see if there are other ways it can be dealt with. Or maybe there might be mods out that can help the problem.
  • Options

I do <3

They leave when asked too it's just that they keep on coming back. But I'll take a peep in the tech section to see if there are other ways it can be dealt with. Or maybe there might be mods out that can help the problem.

Yeah, they can be clingy sometimes. Usually once I make a friend they come knocking on my door every day for a few days, but if I ignore it eventually they stop knocking (they might still walk past the house though, I don't think there's much else you can do about that except delete them.)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member

I do <3

If you really hate them that much just delete them using household management. They aren't supposed to disappear forever after you say goodbye to them.