Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The SimNeighborhood of your dreams

If I could create my ... Why IF? The Sims 4 is still in development, and eventually it will be possible. Ok, all over again ...
When I will be able to create my ideal SimNeighborhood, I will make it in a mountain valley, with quaint and colorful houses, all families will be nice and have children, each house will have its own mini playground, there will be arcades, water parks, fun fairs, holotainment thingamajigs, and a bloomy lookout atop the mountain, from which you can see the whole city. And also a lot of fields and farms. And an everlasting rainbow.

And you? What's your ideal SimNeighborhood? The neighborhood you would like to live in in real life, but that since that's very unlikely to happen, for now you will only create in The Sims ...
tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    My ideal SimNeighborhood would be very wooded with a town plaza in the center surrounded by shops, Georgian style townhouses and community buildings. There would be roads branching out that led to neighborhoods with large (and affordable) family homes, and several playgrounds/fishing spots. And there would be farms farther out, near a large lake.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    One that looks like RFlong7's Beach City.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2015
    I will remake Pleasantview.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi :)

So many ideas yet to fulfill ... but one is, I really want to start out with an empty world and fill it up as I play. Add Roads as the population grows, add more lots as I need them. That's one way I'd like to play a new generation game. ;)

And several Fantasy World neighborhoods for my more Colorful Sims (hopefully soon) of other worldly Qualities. :cookie:

... and Darker worlds where sunshine and roses are Poison!

... and rundown Apocalyptic worlds where life is harder and things are not so Perfect.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2015
    I need two types :) farming community with creeks for fishing holes, large rolling open fields and small town with quaint Main Street vibe. Oh and trailer park please, miss my broke family

I also want a proper city with low and high income areas city blocks, grime, sky scrapers and public transits
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Usually I'd say I'd like a neighbourhood like my own - rowhouses, stores mixed right in with residential, not just somewhere else in town, apartment buildings ... - but today I'd really like to not have a shared wall with anybody, including for my Sims! Today I'd like a nice English village, with lots of old stone and wood buildings, a local pub with beams you can knock your head on, walking paths that go through farmers' fields, and the like. If you really must go to the gym, not just for a long walk, there's probably a bus a couple of times a day to some larger town.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    It would be cool if we could share worlds in the gallery too!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I would love neighborhoods to be different and not just in Desert and Lush but in districts of City/Town/Beach/Country/Mountains/Highways- out into nowheres.

I'd like to choose which neighborhoods to connect to mine and not Have to have what EA puts out. Not Have to have an expansion added neighborhood just because I installed it. That's one thing I want- Options! ;)
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    A tiny village with a little old English pub, one shop for all your grocery needs. All the houses close together, one school and a park. Everyone knows each other. A bit like 1950's England, just nicer people.

:) x
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I would LOVE an IN GAME neighborhood creator. One that is easy to use, kind-of like sims 2 had neighborhood templates we could choose from In Game.

The only difference, or main difference from that I would like is to be able to lay the roads ourselves too. I DO NOT want the game to place houses or sims for me.

I love variety and uniformity. I would have various different neighborhoods. Strangetown , Veronaville, Pleasantview.

Alien / Other Planet. Urban / Ghetto. Modern / Futuristic. Medieval. Old West. The list is endless.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I would love a small town like Martha's Vineyard with a downtown section in the middle and quaint cape cod style homes surrounding it.
  • Options
    ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    My ideal Sim neighborhood would be this beautiful lush town, with about 100 families. The houses would be big, and colorful. There'd be trees, bushes and flowers everywhere, there would be diversity. There would be seasons. There'd be a bunch of different little stores, and shops that the sims could shop at. There'd be bars and dance clubs and three schools. (elementary, Secondary, and Post Secondary) Every family would have children and teens and They'd all be hard working individual sims. there'd be lots of plots for new families to join the community and everyone would be friendly to everyone. That's my ideal sim neighborhood. (I like the rainbow Idea, If we ever get to make our own towns, I may just steal it.)
    421342.gif
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    Another ideal simNeighborhood could be a pagoda style village, like the ones you make in SimCity Societies, with rice paddies, tea farms, bath houses, monasteries and sanctuaries. The sky totally blue and foggy, and the plants covered with dew.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Bridgeport and Sunset Valley mixed.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'd love two types:

A seaside type hood, with rocky hills, beaches and sand. A bit like Sunlit Tides but not so spread out. Cute little beach huts, lots of water and beach activities etc. Then further inland, there could be the activities and entertainment. Of course, a complete fun-fair would be awesome too. We'd need some hot sunny weather with it for all that sunbathing and sandcastle building.

Then an outdoor-type hood. A bit like I imagine Outdoor Retreat to be but further expanded. Hiking, camping, living in log cabins, fishing, archery, farming, plenty of outdoor activities but also homey/cosy-fire indoor stuff for snowy weather.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like Setra its pretty and it has a poor side of town a medium side of town and the expensive house. Plus the people in the town are unique.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    What if, what if, what if, idk, I know it will never happen so how healthy this is could be debatable but what if.

A sprawling town square, somewhere for the local farmers to set up their regular markets on the last Saturdays, somewhere for juiced up sims to meet before heading off to a secluded restaurant or bar just off the square, somewhere for artists to set up their easels and shuck their wares on lazy Sunday mornings, somewhere the local cafe's encroach on with their tables and chairs, with tightly woven cobbled side streets winding away from the centre like arteries to a heart.

The cobbled streets giving the indication of age, multiple shades of every colour imaginable adorning each shop owners attempt to individualise and make their place of business personal before retreating to their cosy apartments above, distinctive, pealing plaster and decrepit stone arches at every intersection suggesting a once prosperous town that has aged over time into a hodgepodge of living cheek to jowl amongst a burgeoning populace.

Further out now, the claustrophobic winding alleys becoming avenues, proper surface streets, modern, recent architecture encroaching on the old like an open wound to some but an invigorating freshness for others, the 'new' clashing with the old over a transitional distance, modern office space above parking structures, the modern convenience of the likes of impersonal supermarkets and ikea type businesses putting the old districts butchers, bakers, fruit and veg shops, plum, while we are at it, the candle stick makers... (ok, call it an antiques shop) out of business.

Stretching out now, the east side of town, along the wide, deep river, canals stretching into the industrial areas where serious people make serious things in serious protective clothing, with the occasional pretentious art studio thrown in with loft apartments on mezzanines above, All nestled in the shadow of the massive cranes and docks that suggest it used to be a town of importance, a long forgotten time ago.

To the west, the affluent frolic in their closed little communities, mansions lining the impeccable boulevards with pristine lawns and a cop on every corner, the bistro's and high fashion stores are to be found here, if you dare to look for them.

To the south, the land becoming more precious a commodity, it's obvious to the eye there has been less public funding here, the homes are quaint but samey, of reasonable size but not what you could call excessive, pink flamingos and picket fences leading to the long petrol station that marks the border of the less fortunate home owners, here, the ground is arid, dusty, the feeling of hopelessness palpable as you walk past slim ramshackle homes living on top of each other, the fences broken, the paint cracked, the random sofa on the front lawn considered normal, refuse and broken glass in the gutters uncollected, unkempt.

I was going to start talking of farms to the north leading into the mountains where cosy cabins hide among the blanketed trees and expand on the golden beaches to the far west but... I've rambled long enough and I've punished myself quite enough for one day, its not going to happen, not in #4 at any rate.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    A world full of Justine Keaton. :heart_eyes:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    A world full of Justine Keaton. :heart_eyes:
    Would that be a world full of one big huge Justine Keaton or lots of Justine Keaton clones?

I have to say that Gandalf looks rather fetching in your avi. I especially like the pink bow in his hair :)
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    An town which is fully customizable would be my ideal neighborhood :)
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    A town with everything. A coastal part with a bar, wedding venue and beach houses. A countryside part, with farms and manor houses. Some small 2/3 bedroom family homes. Some big modern luxury houses. A shopping area. An industrial zone with rundown warehouses, shady criminals, happening nightlife and hipster loft conversions. Parks, student hangouts. And toddlers. No town is complete without them :D
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    City Beach combo lol.
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Beach, flat lands, meadows but also mountains. I want to see mountains again, Gandolf!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I'm not good at describing things, so I think it would be better if I showed you :)

1024px-Aerial_View_of_Sea_Point,_Cape_Town_South_Africa.jpg

Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg