Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can't open the application "The Sims3" because it may be damaged or incomplete.

So today I downloaded Sims 3 Into the Future through Origin, the first expansion I've installed through it. When I tried to play it, it kept coming up with an error. That's when I noticed the original sims 3 app icon looked like piece of paper with a white stop symbol over it (I tried to add a picture but it won't let me_ and says "You can't open the application "The Sims3" because it may be damaged or incomplete." It's like the file has been deleted, but it's not in my trash can, and it was still there before I download Into the Future. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    sarahkfrazsarahkfraz Posts: 4 New Member
    31.media.tumblr.com/cba5042e11d0e8a013fd782e5c1ea099/tumblr_inline_njduy6WQct1sicb7t .png is the link to the picture (add the http)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited February 2015
    Are you referring to a shortcut icon for the base game or the actual icon in your Applications > The Sims 3 folder?

Try downloading and installing the super patch for digital download.

If that doesn't work you may have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Sounds like your base game may have corrupted during the ITF install.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    sarahkfrazsarahkfraz Posts: 4 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Are you referring to a shortcut icon for the base game or the actual icon in your Applications > The Sims 3 folder?
    >
    > Try downloading and installing the super patch for digital download.
    >
    > If that doesn't work you may have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Sounds like your base game may have corrupted during the ITF install.

I mean my Applications > Sims 3 folder. I'll try that and see if it works!