Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea for an EP: Cars

Hello guys,

I was thinking that I would love to have a whole expansion pack just around cars, we could have different careers, like Nascar or Formula 1 driver, Stunt driver, Test/Prototype driver, how about something like the Top Gear show or becoming a journalist in a Cars Magazine.

Now lets say that all of that could be boring/messy/hard to do, but those could be the stages of the Driver career, you could start working as a freelance writer in a small magazine, later maybe they let you try out some cars and you become a test driver, after that maybe you start doing some street races, like the ones in the fast and the furious, maybe later you get some patronage and finally can run Formula 1 cars.

Or how about having your own Car shop (I'm sorry, I have no idea how to call them), you know, those places where you take your car whenever it needs some fixing. You could tend the shop and npcs would come asking for new paint, or adding some gadgets to their cars (like a new sound system) or fine tuning their engine. This could be like a Sims 3: Ambitions open career.

But what about my simmie that enjoys fixing cars but it is just a hobby for him? One of the things that I loved to do in the Sims 2 was fixing the car from the hobbies expansion pack, but it was sad that I could only fix that one car, so how about adding different cars?. We could have a junkyard where our simmie goes to find car pieces and then he builds the whole car. Modern parts would be the cheapest and easiest to find, while luxurious and classic cars would be harder to find but you could get more money out of them. And how about my simmie that is an awesome engineer and has a very high handiness skill? He could be able to create his own car prototype.

Thanks for Reading :) (and sorry about the horrible, broken english >.<)

Comments

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Cars should be added back for free.
  • Options
    MurglemurgleMurglemurgle Posts: 245 Member
    Certainly, and I am writing this idea thinking that someday we will get cars and garages back, after that we could get so much more out of our little cars :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I didn't buy fast lane, and I won't buy anything to do with cars. It's a win/win. You can buy it if you want, and I don't have to.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I would have loved that for TS3. They're rather pointless in TS4. There is no place to drive.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I would have loved that for TS3. They're rather pointless in TS4. There is no place to drive.
    That

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I didn't buy fast lane, and I won't buy anything to do with cars. It's a win/win. You can buy it if you want, and I don't have to.

Agreed. I didn't buy Fast Lane or Diesel Stuff, both seemed like a waste to me. Cars doesn't seem to be enough for an entire expansion, maybe a game pack.