Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since We Are Getting Shops Back, Do You Want Gift-Giving To Return?

I do. Going out, buying a gift and then giving it to a dear one.

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    Why not, it's a nice interaction to have, I would like to see it back in the game. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I used to love being able to give gifts. It made having the canning station fun! I Would like to be able to give objects u buy at a store or things you make, like Flowers, candy, cakes, toys etc.
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I would love doing that for kids as well ... it would be awesome if children drew their parents something and gave it to them, or stole flowers from the garden.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah! It would be awesome if we could have a Sim give their sweetheart a box of cupcakes or a wood carving, or a painting.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I would love gift giving back -- not just items to buy, but collectibles, produce/flowers, and items made on the woodworking bench just for starters.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

Yes! I loved making preserves in the canning station in TS1 and giving them as gifts. I also loved the chocolate/ teddy bear gift shop in TS1, I really hope that comes back. Finally, I hope that down the road we can dry and bottle spices and herbs that are grown/ harvested/ collected, and then be able to sell the bottled spices/ herbs and/or gift them to other sims.

I also want little kids to be able to gift their drawings to grown-ups who can pin them on the refrigerators!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yes. Maybe even package delivery by the mail person.
  • Options
    BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    Especially when we get a hot date expansion.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes.

If we don't get the interaction in Get to Work, I'd love it in something like a Hot Date style expansion.

edit: It could potentially be a nice add-on to GTW actually! In Hot Date sims could buy gifts such as chocolate and jewellery. Imagine if sims could actually make the chocolate and jewellery as new skills, and sell them in shops, so that the people on dates could buy them! Ah... those restaurants... to have those back too! And to be able to run them... :)

I hope when they develop more expansions and game packs, that they think about the other expansions and make the features work together. It would also encourage people to buy the other expansions to get the complimentary features. It shouldn't feel like you're missing out, but if you DO own both expansions it would feel more satisfying to find they work together.

Sorry... I took a topic detour then. Yes, I'd like gifting back! :#
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I would love to see gifts make a return :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It would be perfect if Sims could buy anything and could give it as a gift to anybody! Yes please!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes! I would love to see gift-giving return. It was useful in so many ways. I used it to transfer items between sims all the time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Yes! I would love to see gift-giving return. It was useful in so many ways. I used it to transfer items between sims all the time.

True!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yes! I loved gift-giving. I liked too how my crafty sims could give their creations to their friends. Once I had Florence Delarosa give snapdragons to a friend of just about every family she knew in her neighborhood. It really helped with my gameplay, and Florence was the hit of the neighborhood, everyone loved her! B)
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    That would be a great addition, just imagine Sims giving each other gifts on Valentine's Day :p
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    That would be a great addition, just imagine Sims giving each other gifts on Valentine's Day :p

Perfect!
  • Options
    Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    I loved that interaction, specially when we had potions in TS3 generations and we could prank sims, but it would be nice for my married sims to have anniversary presents.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dani47531 wrote: »
    I loved that interaction, specially when we had potions in TS3 generations and we could prank sims, but it would be nice for my married sims to have anniversary presents.

You could give a gift to a friend and it would improve the friendship -- or if the gift was bad quality it could negatively affect the friendship (especially if the friend had the Snob trait -- they might prefer an expensive painting over a cheap knife block from the woodworking table).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    YES! There should also be gifts at birthday and christmas parties! And that you can actually prepare the gifts in advance and maybe wrap them up, write a card and place them somewhere...
  • Options
    angelaapperleyangelaapperley Posts: 24 Member
    yes agree gift giving is fun it would also be nice to gift other players like in sims 3.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Yes it was such cool adition when it made it's first apearance on TS2, it was in Seasons I think, it was so cool. I think this was availlable in TS3 base game not sure, it's kind of weird how they didn't include it in the base game as well :p I think real estate might be coming back too with this pack, I mean we need to own more than one thing to have a store of our own right? :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1