Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't think Get To Work will have restaurants

Looking back through the trailer, yes I see a bakery and yes I see bakers walking around, however I don't see any actual waiters, waitresses, or chefs. I feel like if EA was planning to add actual restaurants they would've mentioned it in the press release. However they didn't, so I'm erring toward the side of caution and hoping and praying that we get it in another EP later since I just don't see it coming this time around.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It was just recently announced, so we may or may not get open restaurants. ;)
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    It will probably come in a game pack.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I think that if they were going to add restaurants, that definitely would have been one of the things they'd advertise loud and clear in the trailer. They know it's a popular feature. I think that this EP is basically a combination of Ambitions and OFB, so that means hands on jobs and businesses (like bakeries). My guess is that they'll save restaurants for a downtown themed pack, sort of like Late Night.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

I know, I'm just not getting my hopes up. With that said, I really hope this freaking thing lets us make grocery stores. I'm sick of buying my sim's groceries from the fridge just like I'm tired of getting their clothes from the dresser for free. Oooh, speaking of clothing stores I wonder if this will implement the fabled mood clothing they were going to do at the beginning but cut from the game at the last second. Hmm.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Someone explicitly asked earlier, the answer, essentially no.
    It's a bakery where you sell the foods your Sims have made in display cases, like @JoBass24us said.

Here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13269584/#Comment_13269584
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    I see a waiter (pic below). They did say we will definitely have the ability to manage employees for our businesses, so it's quite possible this isn't just a staged pic.

Also if they confirmed we can run a bakery too, which to me, hints that we could also run a restaurant. Just speculation though, perhaps someone should ask a guru on Twitter soon.

tYiOf0C.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    I know, OP, and I am sad about that. They are my precious venue community hub of the stories I want to create. No other venue is as important to me to get as restaurants, the ground zero of the social experience. But I have hope that this will give us some of the ground work to eventually see restaurants. I won't ever be a fully social world until we have them, IMO.

Yeah I'm kind of passionate about getting restaurants. I was kind of a monster about it in Sims 3. :s
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

It was confirmed by SimGuruLyndsay we will get a bakery, not a restaurant.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I see a waiter (pic below). They did say we will definitely have the ability to manage employees for our businesses, so it's quite possible this isn't just a staged pic.

Also if they confirmed we can run a bakery too, which to me, hints that we could also run a restaurant. Just speculation though, perhaps someone should ask a guru on Twitter soon.

tYiOf0C.png

If you watch the video you can see he's just walking around to the other side of the counter to put some food on one of the displays. He isn't a waiter though.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Can you post a source?
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    It's a bakery where you sell the foods your Sims have made in display cases, like @JoBass24us said.

Here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13269584/#Comment_13269584

• Options

Can you post a source?

Bad magic already has, few posts above mine:
    Badmagic wrote: »

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I'm wondering if the bakery is only available as a workplace/business, or if Sims can go there to eat? :D
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    They said were getting a bakery but will still have like over 4 years yet for future expansion packs and hopefully they will return in another at some point
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    have2admit wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the bakery is only available as a workplace/business, or if Sims can go there to eat? :D

If we cannot visit the shops, my interest drops sharply.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I know, OP, and I am sad about that. They are my precious venue community hub of the stories I want to create. No other venue is as important to me to get as restaurants, the ground zero of the social experience. But I have hope that this will give us some of the ground work to eventually see restaurants. I won't ever be a fully social world until we have them, IMO.

Yeah I'm kind of passionate about getting restaurants. I was kind of a monster about it in Sims 3. :s

I completely agree. I didn't even bother to buy that Sims 3 Store version of a restaurant that was pure blasphemy. I need my waiters, waitresses, moodlighting, and menus that I can order off of. EA has to be thinking of making them this go around with the gourmet and homestyle cooking styles in the base game. If they don't, it's just a waste of a skill in my opinion.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I completely agree. I didn't even bother to buy that Sims 3 Store version of a restaurant that was pure blasphemy. I need my waiters, waitresses, moodlighting, and menus that I can order off of. EA has to be thinking of making them this go around with the gourmet and homestyle cooking styles in the base game. If they don't, it's just a waste of a skill in my opinion.

oh, I bought that, it was the best they could do with what they had to work with, and I am forever grateful they did tried. It was my most prized store item. That said, it was horrible of EA to never release a proper restaurant in an EP such as an OFB EP. I'm just crazy worried they are going to miss that boat again.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

tYiOf0C.png

If you watch the video you can see he's just walking around to the other side of the counter to put some food on one of the displays. He isn't a waiter though.

This

if we were getting them they would have shown them!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    In the expansion survey that went out only to a few people, OFB and Active careers were two of the ideas they talked about. They mentioned an art gallery, bakery/cafe, clothing store and photography for OFB. For the careers they had doctor, scientist, detective, office, maid, stylist, architect, and interior decorator.
    They took 3 careers and seems like all the businesses for this EP. I am fine with a bakery, but to my knowledge there was never a hint for a full on restaurant