Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy "Get to Work" day 1 or wait for a sale?

Comments

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Pre order for me :D
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Once i have another £14.99 i will be pressing that pre-order button straight away!
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I'll probably get it on Day 1. If I were smart and patient, I'd wait for a sale. :p
  • Options
    kikahkikah Posts: 13 New Member
    I really want to get it on Day 1 , but i think i'm going to wait to go on sale...
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    Yes I Pre ordered it today.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Now that Physical copy pre-orders have begun, I'll definitely be pre-ordering mine from ShopTo. I pre-ordered Sims 4 from there and got it a day before release, couldn't start playing until midnight though. :s
  • Options
    JenamourJenamour Posts: 2 New Member
    Will definitely buy it! I'll probably preorder it soon. I'm wanting new content! :smile:
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    day 1! I've already seen enough to know I'm going to enjoy this!
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Updated:

Pre-ordered/asap: 95

Waiting for sale: 30

Wait for reviews/lps: 35

Undecided: 15

Not planning on buying: 7
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    At the moment I'm not planning on buying this Expansion, by some reasons like:

1. Expansion Pack will introduce only one sub-hood with 4 venues (medical center, police, scientist center and business venues), reflecting the existing structure of the Willow Creek venue placement (fitness center - museum - nightclub - bar) with some minor changes. This new sub-hood doesn't extend/enhance the existing Willow Creek or Oasis Spring neighborhoods, but stands for itself alone like Granite falls does. There will be no residential places to live in this new sub-hood and it designed as non-livable world (of course I realize I could place any residential lot there instead of a business venue). This new sub-hood has in point of gameplay no big meaning to me, since the way, my sims commute, still will be the same (teleporting to the location) and such business venues i could place anywhere in my current neighborhoods instead of any repeated venue like fitness center or repeated bar venues.

2. This Expansion Pack doesn't contain any innovation to me. It is Sims 2 OFB + Sims 3 Ambitions merged together some functionality from both. I played both intensive and I'm looking out for something new.

3. Interest was further decreased as I have seen that besides of base game cooking ability a new skill bakery will be introduced and items produced by a new skill scheme will be sold in business. I believe no base game dishes (Cooking and gourmet meals) could be sold in new business venue.

4. This Expansion Pack doesn't support a family gameplay either due to time flow. If one Sim travels to the business venue (having a career like doctor, or policeman, or scientist or a businessman), the progress of current task for staying at home family members/roomies will be stopped until the active working sim will return, and for those other sims in a household no task will be done for the day, like a homework, preparing to regular base game job etc.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I'll wait for reviews before I make up my mind whether I'll pre-order or not.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    SimsLovah wrote: »
    Once i have another £14.99 i will be pressing that pre-order button straight away!

I remember when Sims 2 was out, the later expansions sold for that price in my nearby store. Was normally £20. If the expansion was £15 - £20 like back then, then this would be a day one buy.
    However, it's not and it's near the same price I paid for the basegame, so until then I'm waiting for a sale.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Already pre-ordered. *waiting patiently*
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Pre-ordered the second it went up. =P
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Not sure yet.

I still want to learn more about the pack, how things actually work, what can we do in it or what we can't and how the whole business works, hopefully we will get to learn more near the launch of the pack.

I'm scared of how the business works because if it's similar to how the "simplistic" (kind of crappy :p in my opinion) store content from TS3 worked I'm not sure I will want this pack and I don't want to get disapointed and loose my money on this. So I think I might wait untill we know more or untill after the pack is released.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    harobed7756harobed7756 Posts: 83 Member
    I won't be buying any more Sims 4 content unless and until EA at least restores Create-A-Style. After taking off a few weeks from the Sims to play other games I just bought (Skyrim V;The Elder Scrolls, The Long Dark, and This War of Mine) I decided that my impression of EA ignoring high-end PC capability (in TS4) is justified. There are so many other fun and immersive single-player sandboxes out there that I don't plan to spend more on one that's frustrating; designing clothing, walls, furnishings, etc... with CASt was always a major part of the Sims for me. Having to choose the least ugly selection instead just isn't good enough.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    pre-ordering it today
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i might preorder tomorrow. i spent more than i meant too the other day on food. never shop when your hungry.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    I have to wait because I'm going to be getting married in April and am going on a month long honeymoon.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Updated OP with results, Pre-orders, have hit 100 and seems by far the most popular result, the lowest being those not planning on buying it at all standing at 9.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Sometimes I do day one or acouple days after around here with Sims 2 and 3 if I didn't buy it day one and went back say a week later the price went down some wheather that will happen with Sims 4 I don't know.I may preorder Get To Work I bought Outdoor Retreat through Origin using one of those Sims 4 cards and that was the first time I did that ever.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    just preordered today. my lack of self control and my sim addiction is a bad combination.
  • Options
    madmadam59madmadam59 Posts: 83 Member
    I always say that I am going to wait a while to buy any expansion etc but then get too excited and end up buying the day it's released
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited February 2015
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Based on my experience with the Sims 3 expansions in which they seemed to go on sale less then 2 months after release on origin, its made me pause to wonder if the Get to Work will be a day one expansion or if I'll wait a couple months for it to go on sale.

Partially I suppose it will have a lot to do with if I'm playing the Sims 4 or another game in April...then come back to it later.

How about you? Day 1 buy or will you wait for a sale? Or....

Thread results
    As of post edited stamp below, I will continue to update

Pre-ordered/asap: 100

Waiting for sale: 31

Wait for reviews/lps: 36

Undecided: 16

Not planning on buying: 9

Wait for reviews live streams, more information, and let's plays.

May snatch it up at full price if i'm super impressed. May wait for sale if I'm not super impressed but still impressed, may not buy if this EP is marketed or released super buggy the same way the base game was.