Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The windows on the Hospital and Police station from th outside

Look blacked out... Does this mean it's a rabbit hole that loads into automatic rooms for the hospital and police station cells, interview room etc

Hope that make seances. Either way I'm still so excited :):)

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean but it could just be because i see the words "rabbit hole" and cry inside.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    The windows from the trailer of the Hospital and Police station look different from the 'useable' windows from buy mode.

I'm guessing it's a rabbit hole that we build around and when you click on certain bits you load into a room...

For example... When you wanna go into the police cells it's a loading screen from cells to interview room mayb?
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I'm guessing it does, hopefully its not, but its not a big deal to me either way. I'm just way to excited for the game.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Oh I gotcha. I don't know if I'd like that. Loading screens within lots would sorely test my limits.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    I don't mind loading screens :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    The windows from the trailer of the Hospital and Police station look different from the 'useable' windows from buy mode.

I'm guessing it's a rabbit hole that we build around and when you click on certain bits you load into a room...

For example... When you wanna go into the police cells it's a loading screen from cells to interview room mayb?

loading screens between rooms? That's a death wish... maybe new windows. (he said hopefully.)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Just a guess
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think the buildings are shells. I don't think we'll be able to customize the interiors and there are probably just a few playable areas.
  • Options
    Oh! since it's jails and hospitals maybe they are shaded windows so that people cannot see in. Privacy and security.
  • Options
    I think the buildings are shells. I don't think we'll be able to customize the interiors and there are probably just a few playable areas.

Yeah me too

• Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Oh! since it's jails and hospitals maybe they are shaded windows so that people cannot see in. Privacy and security.

True but doubt it haha
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    I don't mind loading screens :)

I can't see that they would make these venues to have loading screens between rooms.
  • Options
    I think they're real Lots we can go to and change around. They wouldn't give us all this stuff with no room to build.
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_3_23_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8goh4u.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Don't care about the careers really ... I want to build an art gallery and hire an alien staff lol The Ep has aliens and that's why I pre-ordered it! I think the EP will something for everyone!
  • Options
    I hope so
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think they're real Lots we can go to and change around. They wouldn't give us all this stuff with no room to build.
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_3_23_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8goh4u.png

The windows worry me a little (don't wanna sound moany or ungrateful) coz either way I know I'll love it

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    The hospital has open windows. I think it's a security/privacy thing.

I haven't played Sims 4 yet - when your at lot "A" in a neighborhood, and lot "B" is a community lot, can you guys see Sims inside those buildings? Sims going in and out of them? If not the design of these buildings may have something to do with that.

I know the hospital has glass windows on top. I thought it was such a beautiful build. lol. Its definitely build mode. (however, the new art style makes things tricky, I once thought the "decor houses" were real.
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Nah I don't think so... that's what my windows do when I zoom out far enough. The game doesn't render windows at far distances for some reasons (even on ultra settings)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Actually it looks like a graphics thing since we're far away even the station we're not able to see inside. I was going to say it happens with some of the other buildings.
    1404581533_villou-krik.jpg

but then I guess it depends on the window and angle

VCPzZgW.png

then there's the hospital

screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_4_36_09_pm_by_mperry1995-d8gorkw.png
    Some windows are able to see through...

and the Station no windows are see through.
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_4_37_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8gorpj.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Those are new windows though. But the ones you can see through are already in game.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    My guess is that there's a few rabbit hole rooms, but the rooms with interactable objects / career rooms will be playable. I highly doubt they'd give us a full EP with just rabbit holes.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Uh Gurus I think we need our first confirmation!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_4_37_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8gorpj.png

I just noticed the Police Symbol and Security Camera above the entrance of the Station
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Those are new windows so my guess is you can see out but cant see in
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Honestly I think it's just a 'frosted glass' set of windows. In the trailer they do show police wandering around in an office area, a prisoner getting a mugshot, interrogated and of course the jail cells. Same thing with the laboratory and hospital, they show things happening inside the buildings.