Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Eras

One thing that I'd like to see The Sims 4 do in future content is add new features to the game instead of focusing on re-implementing expansion packs from previous games. A feature that I have always wanted to see in the Sims franchise is more of a focus on time period/era... The world as it is today is far from the world that my mother or grandmother grew up in, and I'd like to see that dynamic part of life reflected in the Sims 4. I'd love it if the choices your Sims make in their careers could have an impact on how the current era develops, changes, and ultimately becomes a new era with the maturation of the next generation. The current era's popular music could be impacted by what the musician sims are creating, "in" clothing styles could be impacted by fashion designers... Plum, even science and technology could be impacted by the discoveries being made by sim astronauts/inventors/etc!

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I would love to see culture added to the Sims, complete with social norms and behaviors and inventions that are typical of that time period, and I would love for it to be nonlinear. IE, you can design a time period at the end of a tech boom with atypical characteristics of what we've seen in our RL timeline. It would be awesome if the backdrops in the neighborhoods could be changed to match the current era, with options to allow players to determine technological level so they can lock or unlock cars/spaceships/electronics/etc.

I think an addition of something like this would really improve the re-playability of the Sims 4, as it would make the game feel like it's evolving based on the choices your Sims are making.