Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the idea of combining ideas for one Expansion?

So the new EP is basically Ambitions and Open For Business combined into one EP, with what seems to be more depth for both of them. And of course some new ideas thrown in for good measure.

Do you like the idea that they combine Idea's for one EP or would rather have one idea per EP so you can pick and choose?
Is there any themes that you think should be combined?

For me, "Late Night", "Apartment Life" and "Showtime" concepts should be one Expansion Pack. "Generations" and "Freetime" should be combined into one.

Any other idea's? I feel like if they continue doing this, we'll be able to save more packs for new ideas. The Sims 3 only had 3 EP's that hadn't really been done before out of 11 that were released.

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Bon Voyage, World Adventures and Island Paradise should be one.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Bon Voyage, World Adventures and Island Paradise should be one.

Tbh I think we should just forget WA altogether aha. I love Bon Voyage and Island Paradise though.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    WA was okay. I know some people like it so it should stay for them.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Lucifer AmadeusLucifer Amadeus Posts: 15 Member
    eeeeeeh? I think it's better for them to separate make mini expansion packs? That way we can customize our gaming experience. I find it most disappointing that a big expansion has only a small portion that appeals to me. Don't lump many ideas into one, break down the expansion pack into small packs.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I think it is a new frontier and I hope it works.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I think it is a new frontier and I hope it works.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think they should do a pack for each place, one GP for the pyramids, another for the Australian out back, another for the Amazon, Bermuda triangle, African Safari, Translivania, London, Dubai, China and Hawaii
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes, I think combination EPS can work well as long as each theme is given enough content. If it's bare bones for each theme not so much.

Of course, I'd felt when Showtime was released it was a waste of an EP....it seemed Late Night lite. It was almost like Simport was more of a focus than the actual content. Which didn't stop me from buying it, much to my regret.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yes, I like the idea of combining EPs. It kills two birds with one stone, especially if there is a common theme. I read that aliens will be a part of this EP as well. So to get a new life state, plus two new skills....it sounds like the EP will be full of great content.

I think it would be cool to combine some of the common favorites Pets & Seasons, etc. Vacation & World Adventure type EP