Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refrigerator Glitch?

With this new patch for the family tree stuff, has anyone else had a problem where when they click on the refrigerator to make something it won't let you but instead it just takes your money?

Comments

• Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    With this new patch for the family tree stuff, has anyone else had a problem where when they click on the refrigerator to make something it won't let you but instead it just takes your money?

Didn't have a problem with the patch so far I played about 2 hours today and never had that problem. Maybe you have a mod that is conflicting with the patch. If you have no mods maybe the Gurus can look into your problem.

• Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Its an unfortunate but commonly reported bug that's been around a while, most people recommend using the "repair game" option in origin but I've found simply clearing my caches before each play session avoids it.
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Reloading often clears it for me but not always immediately. Sometimes I have to reload more than once. Also, yeah, clearing cache files can help.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Clearing out the caches seems to have done the trick! Thanks so much, I got really scared because it was happening to all my saves, and I'm 5 generations into my legacy. xD
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Glad you got it sorted, also @Elisabetta gave a suggestion I didn't know about, worth keeping in mind if it happens again.
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Sometimes, and also I get a bug where my sims refuse to do dishes. But restarting the game usually helps.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    @xtinagaga97‌ yea that happens to me too sometimes, or there will be something in the mircowave and my sim won't take it out so I have to delete it lmao xD
  • Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    With the last patch I had the fridge deal happen to me. I just did the repair game, like you said, and it fixed it.
    > @Badmagic said:
    > Its an unfortunate but commonly reported bug that's been around a while, most people recommend using the "repair game" option in origin but I've found simply clearing my caches before each play session avoids it.
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif