Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are people confused as to how cars would work in the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I would just want the cars back. I mean I really don't care if it's from TS2 or TS3. For some reason, seeing the sims drive cars around was one of my favourite things about TS3 when I played it (never played TS2 or TS1) It's a weird thought but it might seem more IRL if TS4 had cars.
    Google Sims 2 car animations, and you'll see why Sims 3 cars were disappointing comparatively. I'd link a video but my internet is too slow :(

I didn't find the cars disappointing in any of the games. Just TS3 way won't work in TS4, so they would have to be kinda like TS2?

Really/ You didn't mind that the sims 3 cars had basically zero animations while in sims 2 they opened the doors, parks them, reversed from the driveway and all that? I love that in sims 2
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Sims 2 cars had better animations. I do think cars would work the same as TS2, but I do want to see my sim drive around like in TS3.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited June 2016
    It didn't bug me too much that the TS3 cars lacked animatons either. I mostly used taxis or bikes anyways

I think the TS3 way would work fine in TS4 (using the "teleporting car" animation, then driving off to the end of the street) but the TS2 way would be nice. I think the gurus mentioned something about car animations before actually, can't remember.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would just want the cars back. I mean I really don't care if it's from TS2 or TS3. For some reason, seeing the sims drive cars around was one of my favourite things about TS3 when I played it (never played TS2 or TS1) It's a weird thought but it might seem more IRL if TS4 had cars.
    Google Sims 2 car animations, and you'll see why Sims 3 cars were disappointing comparatively. I'd link a video but my internet is too slow :(

I didn't find the cars disappointing in any of the games. Just TS3 way won't work in TS4, so they would have to be kinda like TS2?

Really/ You didn't mind that the sims 3 cars had basically zero animations while in sims 2 they opened the doors, parks them, reversed from the driveway and all that? I love that in sims 2

In TS3 I loved building a run down house with broken windows and doors. I would put the "Fixer Upper" in the front yard and surrounded it with tall grass all around it! The car had those animations somewhat like TS2 did. I loved following my Sim to where they wanted to go. If I saw something interesting along the way, maybe in the fields or something, I would pause and take a pic :D I won't compare (or should I say, I won't say I liked one over the other) because I loved them all and got my moneys worth out of all of them!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If cars are possible in the Sims 2, it is more than possible in the Sims 4.
    My only question is.....

How will cars work in Windenburg?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    If cars are possible in the Sims 2, it is more than possible in the Sims 4.
    My only question is.....

How will cars work in Windenburg?

They don't, cause there's no roads.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Well yeah, the more worlds and such that come out the more I lose hope for cars...Windenburg was definitely not designed with cars in mind, and I don't see them going back to redesign it and make it work.
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Maybe Windenburg was designed for bikes? LOL

If we do get cars, I hope they disappear at the end of the street and not the end of the lot! Either way, it would be nice to have a driveway, wheather it be on the lot or at the curb. I want garage doors and deco stuff for the garage :p

Edit for spelling :s
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Windenburg has some pedestrianised areas (Old Town/Business District/Island/Bluffs/Ruins) which won't work for cars, but would work for bikes and possibly scooters. A lot of UK town centres are like this. You park on the edges of the busy area and walk, cycle or use the Park & Ride (shuttle bus into the city from out of town parking) from there.

Other methods could include trams, boats, subways (these could be plopped down pretty much anywhere) or perhaps even pneumatic tube systems such as the Hyperloop which could be suspended above the ground or perhaps underneath it.

The Rustic Countryside and Von Haunt Estate areas do have roads so cars could be used to access here directly.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm really hoping that TS4 cars are going to be like TS2 cars too! I mean, I'd LOVE to have my mechanically inclined sims fixing up a junk car or even suping up a regular one! I mean, think of the upgrades: Nitro, undercarriage lights, rocket boosters, spoilers, spinning rims, wings...Yes, to make your car fly off instead of just roll on the road. A car that's upgraded enough could even possibly be used like the rocket ship on top of being a car! And to take advantage of your car's performance upgrades, there should be a race track and a drag strip where you can race for cash prizes, unlockable CAS and Build/Buy stuff, and trophies! Now THAT would be awesome! And if your sim has high enough painting skill, he/she should be able to trick out the car's paint job too with all sorts of funky designs from the classic flames to stuff like dragons and gold eagles on the hood...and, yes, a galloping llama.

I would even pay for a GP or EP to get a hold of those features. In fact, it could be part of a whole gearhead EP that includes motorcycles, new inventions, Servos/Simbots/Plumbots, new gear for garages and home laboratories, power armor, hover boards, hoverbikes...MAN, I want that EP!! :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ianamus wrote: »
    Cars are pointless because they would only increase the time taken to travel anywhere interesting. Why would I want to waste an extra twenty seconds watching my sim get in a car and drive off every time I want to take them out somewhere when the loading screen could begin instantly like it currently does? The time taken to travel between lots is long enough as is.

In Sims 2 sims could woohoo, listen to radio and talk in cars? Well my sims can already do that basically anywhere. It's one of the reasons why I never bothered with cars in the Sims 2. At least in 3 they had a practical purpose.

This is why they can get away with creating less and less animations.

What's the point in store clerks ringing the till? They just swipe the item into their inventory.

What's the point of cars or bikes? They can just disappear and teleport.

What's the point of Sims picking up or putting down an item? They can just swipe them up or down.

What's the point of creating a new animation for an interaction? We can just re-use the chat animations (TS3 was the WORST culprit for this).

What's the point of making a grocery store or book store or clothing store? We can just cut out the middle man (and animations) and make them buy the items from the bookshelf/fridge/closet.

What's the point of allowing Sims to pick up their babies and take them anyway? We can just tie them to an object and let Sims interact with them that way.

What's the point of making teens shorter than adults? Most teens are the same height as YAs anyway, so realism. (and cutting animations).

Cars may be pointless to YOU but they aren't to other people. They would take no longer to get into than it takes for your Sim to pull out his phone and dial an imaginary taxi as they do currently. Also, have you ever thought, if you don't want cars you could simply not have your Sim own one?

The MAIN problem going from TS2 to 3 and 4 was the lack of little details and animations like this. I know that animations take time and money, but why was that not an issue 10+ years ago? Why suddenly does everything have to be a trade off, why can't we have X just because we had Y? Why can't we have both? These animations aren't pointless or impractical just because YOU cannot see how they benefit YOU. These little details make up a life simulation and make it enjoyable to watch and play, and show how much love and work went into the game.

I was honestly AMAZED with the Dine OUT GP, we got hosts who show you to your seat, waiters who write down your order on a notebook and recite it back to the chef and then return to serve it to you. It just goes to show that with a little time and care they are still capable of making brilliant, detailed, thoughtful content like in TS2.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane It would be nice if we were able to board the Ferry Boat or the Tram, but after you board, the white screen would come up, and poof, you would be at your destination.

At that fancy club in Windenburg, I love looking at the water and seeing the sailboats going by, too bad its just a backdrop.

I never was crazy about bikes, except for the kids :D I really don't think we will even get bikes though!

*wonders about RF's vision now*
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited June 2016
    I swear some "Sims 4 Fans" just seriously argue things to support the game. I'm not qouting posts but it makes me bonkers. Are they all brand new to the "Sims" series in general?

I'm waiting for the post that says "I don't need Sims to be animated, it's okay I just play with objects anyways"

or better yet "I dont need objects, I only played with terrain paints. Sims4 rocks. *takes Sims4 pill*"
  • Options
    Conclue wrote: »
    I swear some "Sims 4 Fans" just seriously argue things to support the game. I'm not qouting posts but it makes me bonkers. Are they all brand new to the "Sims" series in general?

I'm waiting for the post that says "I don't need Sims to be animated, it's okay I just play with objects anyways"

or better yet "I dont need objects, I only played with terrain paints. Sims4 rocks. *takes Sims4 pill*"

Maybe in TS5 sims will just slide around the house in a T-Pose :grimace:
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

^ Funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. Period.

I doubt they'll let it get that bad, though. Hopefully, they'll have learned their lesson about skimping on the animations and features in the base game and make TS5's base much more lively...hopefully.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

At that fancy club in Windenburg, I love looking at the water and seeing the sailboats going by, too bad its just a backdrop.

I never was crazy about bikes, except for the kids :D I really don't think we will even get bikes though!

*wonders about RF's vision now*

Yes, those sailboats only decor, makes me sad.
    I hope I'm really wrong, but I don't think they will be adding ocean swimming.
    The fact that we can't even fish in Sixam bothered me a lot, seeing as how I thought the place was pretty, when I first saw it.
    But what bothered me even more than the boats, was the boardwalk/pier, that we can't even walk on.
    I wanted to fish from that spot. :(

But Windenburg is my favorite world so far.
    I am patiently waiting for a Tropical <3World. :D

I loved the animations and stuff from cars in Sims 2.
    I liked the way I could see my car go all over the place in Sims 3.
    I would like cars for Sims 4.
    (I am tired of enlarging the toys - to look like a car - for the garage. :( )
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

🐸🐸🐸🐸 :D Comment of the day :p Also clip through the floor and roam around outside of the map.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Mechanic interactions plz!

Screenshot-50-3.jpg

Screenshot-48-3.jpg

mechanix2_kl_psd_jpgcopy.jpg
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Well, I personally cant WAIT for the addition of cars in the sims 4, but literally ONLY if they were like the sims 2 versions. THOSE, were amazing.

For people saying "what's the point?" I think to make cars a bit more purposeful, a really cool feature to add to them would be lots that are only accessible by use of a car. Kind of like the secret lots that are in the game that are only accessible by the secret entrances? Like the tree, the weird mining hole in Oasis Springs, etc.. their should be lots like that, that you can only get to if you have a car. Kind of like, road trip destinations?? Idk. I'd certainly pay for it but that's just meeee~

Unless they update the map in sims 4 to have finished roads don't hold your breath for that. That's why they walk and don't use cars..smh.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2016
    Jerrello wrote: »

Unless they update the map in sims 4 to have finished roads don't hold your breath for that. That's why they walk and don't use cars..smh.

forget it.
    always have to see the same sarcastic comments....
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I think if they do introduce cars Sims should be forced to earn a driving licence, to make it more realistic.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Mechanic interactions plz!

Screenshot-48-3.jpg

I had forgotten about the exploding trash piles in The Sims 3... Those were hilarious if you lined them up in the front yard then detonated a vehicle!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Cars would be a great return. They could add a little race world where sims can do drag races or a rally track. I loved cars in sims 2. Sims would drive off screen to go get a car alarm installed and they would return in a hour or two. Car would be parked the in street when they visited a restaurant or shop. Option to Woohoo and try for baby, Listen to radio and dance outside the car. That was fun. They should bring them back.
    Sims 2 wasn't open worlds and they worked great. EP or game pack Id buy it!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Well, I personally cant WAIT for the addition of cars in the sims 4, but literally ONLY if they were like the sims 2 versions. THOSE, were amazing.

For people saying "what's the point?" I think to make cars a bit more purposeful, a really cool feature to add to them would be lots that are only accessible by use of a car. Kind of like the secret lots that are in the game that are only accessible by the secret entrances? Like the tree, the weird mining hole in Oasis Springs, etc.. their should be lots like that, that you can only get to if you have a car. Kind of like, road trip destinations?? Idk. I'd certainly pay for it but that's just meeee~

Imagine if you had to walk all the way up from Willow Creek to Windenburg, life simulator foh sho. I know and I do like that not everything is strictly rl, don't come at me with those dumb arguments, but the basics should be there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

I don't need anything more than a set of glowing cubes and a promise of human-like AI within the next five years...

Debug_Cubes.jpg

Debug_Cubes2.jpg

The Sims 4 ROCKS!

Mystery_Rock.jpg
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch