Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    So... over in Townie Town, some things are going really well for Breana, and something's aren't so hot. Find out what's what! Breana Xian 2.1
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    And... Alonso Bowden is up next! Find out what he thinks is delicious! Alonso Bowden 2.1

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Oh! Honey just discovered that there's a Year Abroad program! She's trying to decide whether to apply...

Skill U: 2.6

• Options
    Time for a new entry for the Short Story Challenge! I really enjoyed writing this one for the theme, "Tis the Season."

One Night

• Options
    Honey Walker finishes Freshman Year! Will she be going to Windenburg for the year-abroad program?

Skill U: 2.7

• Options
    Honey Walker in Windenburg! :)Skill U: 3.1

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Honey's maestro leaves her with an assignment: Make Friends! Skill U: 3.5

• Options
    Honey's Mom and Dad come to visit for the holidays! Skill U: 3.6

• Options
    Honey makes Mom's famous BLTs for lunch--think Mom will like them? Skill U: 3.7

• Options
    Honey is SO busy during her sophomore year--but she loves it! Skill U: 4.3

Her year abroad is nearly over, and Honey isn't sure she wants to return to her old college: Skill U: 4.6

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    How have I not bookmarked this thread? Woops. Error corrected.

And I just caught up on Skill U! Honey is such and awesome sim!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    How have I not bookmarked this thread? Woops. Error corrected.

And I just caught up on Skill U! Honey is such and awesome sim!

Thanks! I really love Honey! She's having such an amazing time! :)

• Options
    And... Honey hopes to express to her dad what she loves about studying in Windenburg: Skill U: 5.2

• Options
    Dr. Dean has some important news about Honey's academic progress: Skill U: 5.4

• Options
    And... Honey finishes the first semester of Junior Year! Skill U: 5.7

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    So exciting! She's achieved so much! What more can she learn in these final three semesters?!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    So exciting! She's achieved so much! What more can she learn in these final three semesters?!

Yeah! I've got a few plans for her...

It shows with the challenge that it's not necessary to sacrifice everything to win... Honey never used sleeping potion (except maybe once in Freshman year), and she was still able to achieve valedictorian before the end of her first semester of Junior year.

So... that means that there's lots of time of other activities! Honey is a perfectionist and rather driven, so it fits for her to not do anything leisurely until she's sure of her success, but if I were playing another Sim, she or he might take a different approach.

Also, I found that the Friend of the World aspiration was a really great and easy second aspiration to achieve. It fit in really naturally!

• Options
    Honey begins the second semester of Junior year, and Dr. Dean has a new project for her! Skill U: 6.2

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Yeah! I've got a few plans for her...

It shows with the challenge that it's not necessary to sacrifice everything to win... Honey never used sleeping potion (except maybe once in Freshman year), and she was still able to achieve valedictorian before the end of her first semester of Junior year.

So... that means that there's lots of time of other activities! Honey is a perfectionist and rather driven, so it fits for her to not do anything leisurely until she's sure of her success, but if I were playing another Sim, she or he might take a different approach.

Also, I found that the Friend of the World aspiration was a really great and easy second aspiration to achieve. It fit in really naturally!

Ooh! I need to catch up and see how you're doing with this challenge. I need to head back into Greenwood ASAP and get playing. I might have one massive play through to the end of the year!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options

Ooh! I need to catch up and see how you're doing with this challenge. I need to head back into Greenwood ASAP and get playing. I might have one massive play through to the end of the year!

So, as far as the challenge goes, we "won" by the end of the first semester, Junior year!

That means: maxed three skills for our major (performing arts), completed two aspirations (friend of the world and the music one), and did what's needed for an A for all four years!

So, we've got a year-and-a-half left in college, and I'm going to let her goof off and relax during the second half of Junior year (sort of a discovery year)--we're also working on the Bodybuilder aspiration, which we'll probably complete before the end of the semester--then during Senior year, I'll have her do a professional internship by getting a job in the entertainment career.

I also had her live with the Villareals during her "year abroad" (I had her live there as an au pair), and so I treated the family like the dorm-mates, ISBI-style (except I did direct the kids to do homework, since I can't stand for kids to fail school!). She had so much fun there, that she transferred schools and stayed. So, it's not completely faithful to the rules, but I think it's a fun twist and it fits really well with her story and experience.

I'm still loving this challenge very much!

I'm thinking it would be good if it awarded extra bonuses or score points for achieving things beyond the valedictorian--maybe along the lines of Wonder Child.

• Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I'm having such a great time reading this challenge, and Honey's story!
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    I'm having such a great time reading this challenge, and Honey's story!

Thanks! The challenge is SO fun to play (close to my favorite, so far!), and it's so ripe for storytelling! I'm really glad you're enjoying it--I'm having a blast! :)

• Options
    Honey nears the end of Junior Year, wondering what she's discovered: Skill U: 6.5

• Options
    On the last day of junior year, Honey reflects on what she's learned about herself. Skill U: 6.7

• Options
    Surprise! There's a new story! This one really is a surprise: Cocoa Heish-Pigglewiggle and Animal Hat CT got together on @ra3rei 's computer in one of her saves, and while other houses were being played, they fell in love, became soulmates, and had twins!

So, we moved a copy of the twins over to my computer, and here's their surprising adventures:

Cocoa Tea Kids: Chapter 1