Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CT's Stories - Another Legacy - Quinn's Family Journal - 03/16/2024

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Here's the next post in Another Legacy - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/27/another-legacy-1-2/
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Got another post! https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/28/another-legacy-1-3/

I'm not expecting this daily writing to continue, since work starts on Monday again, then the next few weekends are pretty busy. But in three weeks, I have a two-week vacation, and then after that, I work for one day--and then I'm done with that job! For good! :)

So... I'll have time to write in January.

Here's the table of contents for Another Legacy, too: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/another-legacy/

I'm linking to other new legacies or long generational stories on that page, too, since it seems that several of us are feeling a bit of a renaissance with our SimLit! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Got another post! https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/28/another-legacy-1-3/

I'm not expecting this daily writing to continue, since work starts on Monday again, then the next few weekends are pretty busy. But in three weeks, I have a two-week vacation, and then after that, I work for one day--and then I'm done with that job! For good! :)

So... I'll have time to write in January.

Here's the table of contents for Another Legacy, too: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/another-legacy/

I'm linking to other new legacies or long generational stories on that page, too, since it seems that several of us are feeling a bit of a renaissance with our SimLit! :)

I will definitely be having a plain old legacy as well coming up thanks to @Shadami :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited November 2020
    100 plums: pregnancy #3 is out :smiley: It took me all day to write this short post cause I'm feeling rather under the weather and that one is your fault :P

hehe. It's just legacy time! And i shall be putting my spares on the gallery for anyone that wants to use them in their games. I may even return the favor :P Like an adoptable legacy spares. A gets adopted from B's game to C's game and marries D. So B adopts D and puts them in their game married to A.
    Wouldn't that be fun xD
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think I'll just title mine Legacy Sims ... fits perfect since that is my username as well. :grimace:

Regarding Another Legacy:
    • 1.1 - Great start. I like the fact that you chose to dive into the Eco Lifestyle. I have the pack, but have not looked into its footprints or the new world it gives. I like how Case is so angry about the environment around him. I think I would be, too.
    • 1.2 - Enjoyed reading how your real life relates to the sim life scenarios when it came down to the the environment.
    • 1.3 - I used to bike ride all the time. The bike trails I found here have beautiful scenery. Not sure it would be in an industrial place, but glad to see it helps Case.

Looking forward to future chapters!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    I honestly know nothing about smog. >.< I'm not sure I've ever been in any
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Welcome back! I'm so excited to see new chapters from you. :) I've missed your presence in the community, CT. I'm heading to bed but I'll read more in the morning. This made my night. <3
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    I honestly know nothing about smog. >.< I'm not sure I've ever been in any

Wow! That's amazing! I grew up in smog. Where I live now, we seldom get smog--just some smoke during the Western wildfires or when our mountains were on fire (we could see the blazes from our home!). But we do get high ozone several times a year. It hurts to breathe then, and I can't really be outside much.

@LegacySims2017 Be sure to shoot me the link when you start your legacy! I'm creating a page for Renaissance Stories, since it feels like SimLit is going through a renaissance now! XD

@AdamsEve1231 Thanks for the welcome! I finally have some bandwidth to participate here again! I have three really, really busy weeks coming up--the end of the term for the teaching job, and the end of my entire career at the web editing job--so I might be absent for the next three weeks, somewhat--but then, come Dec. 18, I will be back!

I'm thinking of doing a Plum Day celebration this year! Think of ideas!

• Options
    So fun to actually see friends here posting! :)

Here's today's post - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/29/another-legacy-1-4/

As I explained to Lizzie above, I'll probably be pretty scarce for the next three weeks, but then I'll be back often!

• Options

See what happens when you take an unexpected leave of absence because real life throws you for a spin and then you pop in? We all get excited to see you. :grimace:

2020 has been a wild ride for many friends on these forums. It's good to see us stay connected with each other.

<goes to read what Case is up to...>
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

See what happens when you take an unexpected leave of absence because real life throws you for a spin and then you pop in? We all get excited to see you. :grimace:

2020 has been a wild ride for many friends on these forums. It's good to see us stay connected with each other.

<goes to read what Case is up to...>

Yeah, my coming back at this time is also due to life's unexpected contributions! I'm unexpectedly retiring early next month! Well, from one job, but it's the one that eats up all my time and energy....

So I hope I'll be around here a lot!

You know what I love most about our community? It's that we can disappear for a while and then when we come back, it's like we haven't even left, or, even better, we're all excited to see each other and we dive right back into fun projects!

I'm thinking of a Plum Day collab celebration this year, so let's get our minds imagining!

• Options
    And.... I had to write anyway! I'm about 7 posts ahead in game-play, so I think I will go ahead and write even if I'm busy. And, actually, today I'm not busy! (That means, brace for tomorrow, but oh, well!)

Here's latest post! https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/30/another-legacy-1-5/

• Options
    I actually had this idea of paying tribute to Madison from KCLKF as an opening or a side story for the next story in her series. I think it would fit a Plum Day celebration.

Does it need to be a brand new story for your page? Crescent Moon Conspiracy is a new story, but it's the next generation of LASL. Otherwise I can save for my berry story when I get around to it.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Antwan Plum might think it's a day just for him. Right @Shadami ? :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Thanks, Legacy! I'll add it soon!

• Options
    Here's today's post: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/12/01/another-legacy-1-6/

I'm kinda excited that I'm finding time to write even during a work week! :)

• Options
    Here's today's post: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/12/01/another-legacy-1-6/

I'm kinda excited that I'm finding time to write even during a work week! :)

Been really enjoying Case and his cleaning up the neighborhood project.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Probably. Also I have no idea what plum day is
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Probably. Also I have no idea what plum day is

It's our day for celebrating sims who have passed on.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Since I take so ridiculously long to pass between generations, I hardly have any Sims that have passed. Unless they are helped along... >:):#

In all fairness, most of the time, it happens in a murder mystery setting like The Krazy Crazy Life... or the character is just plain evil like Max Racket in Colt Family Traitacy.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    That's kind of cool, I didn't know this was a thing. I've had a few Sims pass on, I'll have to try to come up with something.
  • Options
    I'll probably reshare my tribute video I made of my Simself Legacy founder. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    That video was beautiful!

I don't actually have many Sims who have died yet. Many of them are just background characters. Like vlad who keeps burning to death cause he really wants to talk to my sims
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Since I take so ridiculously long to pass between generations, I hardly have any Sims that have passed. Unless they are helped along... >:):#

In all fairness, most of the time, it happens in a murder mystery setting like The Krazy Crazy Life... or the character is just plain evil like Max Racket in Colt Family Traitacy.

Death in stories and death during gameplay are two different beasts for me too. I don't have as much familiarity with my sims until they have a couple of chapters written about them. So I have a death toll from this year but it's not gonna hit me until I write about it and bawl my eyes out probably.

I could share tips on making an ice sculpture of Grim in TS3 because he often sticks around just long enough for that.

grimsculpt1.jpg
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr