Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How far do familial relationships go?

Let's say you have two Sims, A and B, and they're siblings. Both Sims get married, to other Sims, and have a kid. The children, C and D, are cousins. What if they have kids? Will everyone have the correct family relationship? Or are they strangers at this point?
Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I believe it can go to great grandparents.

It'll most likely increase when a family-type of expansion is released; just like when the relations went farther when The Sims 3: Generations and the other family-type expansion for the Sims 2 was released.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Let's say you have two Sims, A and B, and they're siblings. Both Sims get married, to other Sims, and have a kid. The children, C and D, are cousins. What if they have kids? Will everyone have the correct family relationship? Or are they strangers at this point?

they will be stranges, the current game only support the most basic family tree: mother/father, sibilins, uncle/aunt, nephew, cousin and grandfhater/mother, any other type of family bound dont exist, things like second degree cousin, step parents, in law, great grandfather, uncle grandfather, hlf-sibilins the game dont support.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Ah, yes, but what happens to those relationships when you move a Sim from it's original household? Do they retain the familial relationship, or are they just 'friends'?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    This is why we need family trees
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    Ah, yes, but what happens to those relationships when you move a Sim from it's original household? Do they retain the familial relationship, or are they just 'friends'?

so far my cousins have remained cousins after moving from the original household. I did have 1 cousin show up as a romantic relationship when I switched over to that house but no romantic options were available on the menu.

The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    They retain their familial relationship.

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    in theory, they are supposed to retain, i made a lot of families and spread then around the city, however the game have a glitch(bug) which sometimes the game "reset"/forget some relationships even in families which not where spread, this a bug who can happens time to time but essencially they family bound is not lost when breaking families, but as you goes down generations that bounds are lost since again we have only the basic family, if you have a pair or sibilings make then live afar from each other, as you keep down in generation in both sims they goes to a point where they offsprings no more gonna see each other as family, just stranges.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif