Hello Simmers! This is my first attempt at creating a Sims 4 Challenge, but I hope some of you guys are interested in trying it out.
The general idea of the challenge is to live only off of the land's resources and build the legacy of your dreams, complete with a museum to display all of your collections.
Create two young adult sims in CAS with any traits or aspirations that you'd like. They can be siblings, husband and wife, roommates, etc. Avoid choosing any aspirations that will require jobs down the line. None of the sims in your household will ever have a traditional career.
Buy one of the lots in either neighborhood that is empty and costs 5,500 simoleons (either Hallow Slough or Arid Ridge).
Purchase one outdoor trashcan.
Turn on testing cheats and reduce your family funds to 0.
Set lifespan to Normal.
Now that you are completely set up, here are your goals:
1. Have a garden full of perfect plants.
You need to have at least one of each different type. You must begin the garden with your founders and continue it throughout the entire challenge. The plants can never be put into your household inventory - even when they reach "perfect" quality.
2. Complete the following collections:
Frogs Gardening (obviously) Trophies Metals Crystals Elements Fossils Fish Insects
3. Create a museum (completely separate space on your lot to display one of each item from your collections).
4. Build a home that is worth 350,000 simoleons.
Now let's make it a bit more difficult. Here are the rules:
1. Until you have completed your first collection, you may only purchase items that are portable. For example - tents, air mattresses, folding tables or chairs, guitars, campfires, etc. The only exception to this rule is your original purchase of an outside trashcan. You also cannot purchase ANY items in build mode, including walls.
Note: Although completing your first collection is what unlocks the ability to build and purchase non-portable items, you are not required to build anything until you want to. If you prefer to go the entire legacy without a "true" home, you can! In fact, it's encouraged as a completely new way of living and (in my opinion) quite fun! As long as a home with a worth of 350,000 simoleons is built in the end, you are okay.
2. You can only eat items that you have caught (fish or insects) or items you have harvested (fruits, veggies, and the things that can be cooked from the fresh ingredients you have in your inventory). No cooler or refrigerator quick meals are allowed. You CAN, however, eat food that other sims have left on picnic tables - if needed. You cannot go into other sims homes and eat their food.
3. Because the main goal of this challenge is to finish collections, you cannot sell the first item you pick up of each unique type. For example, if your sim catches 3 minnows and 1 perch, they are only allowed to sell 2 minnows. They must keep 1 minnow and 1 perch in their inventory. The same goes for all other collection types.
4. You can move to a different lot (50x50, for example) at any point, but keep in mind that you must place your garden into the household inventory before moving, and place it on the new lot as soon as you move. You do not have to build your home, but you certainly can if you'd like.
5. Your lot must include a separate space, your museum, that will display one of each unique item from the required collections. You can build your museum at the very end of the challenge or you can start right away, whichever is better for you. I personally like to keep my collection items in one sim's inventory to see if I have any duplicates that I can sell. Once I've completed one collection, I usually put those items in the museum. How you play is completely up to you.
6. You cannot buy any seed packets. All plants must be harvested or grafted. EDIT - It seems that a few of the gardening items may only be found in the seed packets. For this reason, I am changing the rule slightly. After you have 25 unique plants growing in your garden, you may purchase seed packets to find spinach and any other items that are only available this way.
7. You can use local facilities for toilets, showers, etc. if needed, but you cannot use a neighbor's home. No sleeping in random neighbors beds -- even if they are a romantic interest.
8. You may have as many sims in your household as you'd like, as long as they are blood related (after the first generation) or adopted children.
9. You may move sims out of the household, but they cannot come back once they are gone.
10. You may move sims into your household, but they cannot bring any money with them. Like Pinstar's legacy challenge, you must make sure the sims you are moving in are in a household with another sim, or change your funds to remove whatever amount they bring in.
11. None of the sims in the household can have a career. If a sim moves in and already has a career, you must make them quit. Everyone in the house should be focused on building their museum, selling collectables, crafting items, or tending to the farm.
If you want a more difficult challenge, start with only one founder instead of two.
There is no true way to score this challenge, so it's just for fun. If you can think of a way, let me know. Also, post below if you decide to try it, and link your story if you create one. I'd love to check it out!