Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inquisitr-"Did Maxis and EA Games just admit the game is a flop? "

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    OR added lots to my game

Star and cloudgazing
    Lots of new recipes
    Campfires
    Portable Showers
    Coolers that actually work
    And so much more.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    @Vondiita
    Omg. Is that an actual tweet.....?

I'll leave that uncommented...
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/spchlss.gif[/img]
    So is this one:

LOOOOOOOOOL. I can't. Oh my... It's a joke? Just a bear? Oh man. I know why Sims 4 is what is it, now. The king of flop games.
    tumblr_nae3mrO30Q1r4ojo0o1_500.jpg
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    In my opinion outdoor retreat made the game better.

It gave us more things to do that's for sure. I own it and don't regret the purchase. However there're other things I would have done before Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2015
    Guys, please stay on topic :)

A gift for everyone posting here for remaining respectful and staying on topic <3
    tumblr_m4qnvi4RrR1qgtvlpo1_1280.jpg
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    A gift for everyone posting here for remaining respectful and staying on topic <3
    tumblr_m4qnvi4RrR1qgtvlpo1_1280.jpg

Sorry.

And those brownies...
    MINE!!!
    *eats it all*
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I mentioned before that Sims1, Sims2 and Sims3 all had EP releases by 6 months of the base game release.

It is now 4 1/2 months since base game release and not even an announcement of an EP has been made.
    Just the release of a glorified stuff pack they now call a game pack.

I find it odd nothing has been announced...unless there will not be EPs and EA plans on sticking with overpriced 'game packs'?

That is so true. I don't think EA wants to waste money on an EP because the game hasn't done that well. They may see it as a waste of money.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    @Vondiita
    Omg. Is that an actual tweet.....?

I'll leave that uncommented...
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/spchlss.gif[/img]
    So is this one:

LOOOOOOOOOL. I can't. Oh my... It's a joke? Just a bear? Oh man. I know why Sims 4 is what is it, now. The king of flop games.
    tumblr_nae3mrO30Q1r4ojo0o1_500.jpg

TS4 is an example of what not to do if you had one of the best pc games of all time. You don't half bake it and double the price.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    TS4 is an example of what not to do if you had one of the best pc games of all time. You don't half bake it and double the price.

Maxis has no control over the prices honestly. EA is. ;)

Since EA is headquartered in the United States, they make their own prices in the United States. In other countries, such as Australia, EA (or Maxis) has no control over the prices; that is up to the foreign government.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I smell despair
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2015
    Apologies for going off topic.

ON TOPIC: Sims 4 isn't what it could be, and I think EA knows that. They are trying to make up for it. They aren't fixing it, which is what needs to be done. Sims 4 needs to be unflopped.

What EA may see as wasting money on making improvements may actually be what saves the game. Why can't they own up that they made Sims 4 less as amazing as the other games? Why are they parading it around? Learn from your mistakes!

So much more can be added. Sims 4 has potential. I believe this. EA is going about this all wrong. This is what frustrates me. Well, along with the lack of toddlers.

Why not glance at these threads? If EA looked and took the time, I'll guarantee: each second is worth more than a dime.

Edit: Sorry. My bad for trying to be optimistic.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hagfisher wrote: »

ON TOPIC: Sims 4 isn't what it could be, and I think EA knows that. They are trying to make up for it. They aren't fixing it, which is what needs to be done. Sims 4 needs to be unflopped.

What EA may see as wasting money on making improvements may actually be what saves the game. Why can't they own up that they made Sims 4 less as amazing as the other games? Why are they parading it around? Learn from your mistakes!

So much more can be added. Sims 4 has potential. I believe this. EA is going about this all wrong. This is what frustrates me. Well, along with the lack of toddlers.

Why not glance at these threads? If EA looked and took the time, I'll guarantee: each second is worth more than a dime.

What they need to do is start from scratch admit what TS4 is and try to get back the people the shoved out of the way to make a grab for younger players which last I checked do not have gaming budgets. They get money from mom and dad....and many of us moms and dads will flat out say no to a $70.00 game kids will loose interest in a week or two thanks. I love what the sims was not what they made it. :|
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    OR added lots to my game

Star and cloudgazing
    Lots of new recipes
    Campfires
    Portable Showers
    Coolers that actually work
    And so much more.

I'm glad you like the game but the problem is that the base is empty and linear. I played Sims 2 and 3 for a long time without EPs and I only bought the EPs because I thought it added something cool, not to fix a broken game.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I do believe this game will bounce back. It will never be the game I personally was hoping for, nor get back the features I liked most, but if EA brings back enough key features and fix enough bugs, I believe simmers will shell out the money. It might take four expansion packs before I buy in though. If they can't whip it into shape by then... :p

Come again? TS4 game engine seems extremely limited so how do you suppose they bring back enough key features from past base games or even some EP's? While I don't know the capabilities of the game engine of TS4, I feel TS2 has a better game engine and that's from 2004. I love my clothes and grocery shopping. Plus all those in-depth animations and no disappearing/reappearing act like TS3/TS4.

Besides, "It's too difficult and expensive."

Welcome to the new era of a new kind of gamer. Simplify it but charge the premium please.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

Maxis has no control over the prices honestly. EA is. ;)

Since EA is headquartered in the United States, they make their own prices in the United States. In other countries, such as Australia, EA (or Maxis) has no control over the prices; that is up to the foreign government.

EA does yes. But EA choose their price point-the governments don't choose the price points! EA factor taxes etc into prices but thats all that happens. Governments are too busy to be setting up prices for products from every company that deals in their country!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »

They're probably looking at this in a business perspective, instead of trying to please its fans. They already wasted a ton of money by trying to make TSO, they see *spending* money to fix an unsuccessful game *wasteful*.

Even the game tells us, when you're in the tech career you have the option to please your fans or not, and pleasing fans makes you lose profit ...

Who knows what their next move will be, but I hope they make it clear soon.
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Even the game tells us, when you're in the tech career you have the option to please your fans or not, and pleasing fans makes you lose profit...

Pleasing fans still make you lose profit no matter what. People will find things to complain about no matter what. ;)
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I do believe this game will bounce back. It will never be the game I personally was hoping for, nor get back the features I liked most, but if EA brings back enough key features and fix enough bugs, I believe simmers will shell out the money. It might take four expansion packs before I buy in though. If they can't whip it into shape by then... :p

Come again? TS4 game engine seems extremely limited so how do you suppose they bring back enough key features from past base games or even some EP's? While I don't know the capabilities of the game engine of TS4, I feel TS2 has a better game engine and that's from 2004. I love my clothes and grocery shopping. Plus all those in-depth animations and no disappearing/reappearing act like TS3/TS4.

Besides, "It's too difficult and expensive."

Welcome to the new era of a new kind of gamer. Simplify it but charge the premium please.

This is why I have not one shred of trust in EA/Maxis
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2015
    as a fellow simmer can i please ask that we stop fighting each other if we went to see a the sims5 in a few years from now we need to stop fighting each other we might all have diffrent opinions or things we went in the game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    as a fellow simmer can i please ask that we stop fighting each other if we went to see a the sims5 in a few years from now we need to stop fighting each other we might all have diffrent opinions or things we went in the game.
    Nobody is fighting here. What are you talking about?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

No one is fighting @Memina11. The moderators are very good here and can look after the forums so you don't need to worry :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    About 4.5 months ago I would've been really optimistic about the game and going on and on about how I believe the Gurus are doing their best for the series. Now? If they stop producing this game I'd like the $80+ I spent on this empty headed game and the $20 for the Guide and another $20 for the DLC. Checkmate, EA.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Even the game tells us, when you're in the tech career you have the option to please your fans or not, and pleasing fans makes you lose profit...

Pleasing fans still make you lose profit no matter what. People will find things to complain about no matter what. ;)

My complaining shouldn't bother them. My refusing to buy anything until those loading screens are fixed, however, hopefully will bother them a bit. If I were complaining and buying anyway, they'd have no reason to fix a thing.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

No one is coming out with bruises from this thread, it's just discussions :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top