Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Survey

I don't know about other Mac users, but I have been soaking up every bit of information I can about The Sims 4. What better way to learn about the game than a survey! (Plus, who doesn't like filling out surveys?)

1. How long have you been playing The Sims?
2. Favorite game so far? (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4)
3. Favorite expansion pack so far? (From any of the games)
4. Absolute favorite thing about The Sims 4.
5. Absolute least favorite thing about The Sims 4.
6. If you could add anything to The Sims 4 (zero limits), what would it be?
7. Craziest thing you have experienced in The Sims 4?
8. Favorite object in The Sims 4?
9. Best "little thing" about the Sims 4? (I am referring to those little tidbits that make you chuckle)
10. Favorite Sims memory.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    1) started in 2011, it will be 4 years in December.
    2) we'll see after they drop the mac version.
    3) Supernatural... It needs a major game change tho.
    4) Building and Storytelling
    5) you have to use cheats to get things exactly how you want it, like Move objects on and days in the Sim are 24 minutes long I rather it be doubled it two 48 minutes.
    6) This entire pack is all I desire for the Sims: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771995/the-sims-4-magic-is-coming-updated/p1
    7) ...don't have one yet
    8) Apple Tree or Grape Vine two bearers of my favorite fruits
    9) The way sims "run" away from fires now, I like that sims smile in their sleep it and makes me happy that they have good dreams but i would like sims to start tossing and turning maybe whimper in a nightmare. I've seen let's plays of a sim couple and the girlfriend comes out of the bedroom in lingerie and his mood went from sad to Focused, and after he got out of bed after a woohoo, he was confident.
    10) We'll see in February!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    14 years.

3. Favorite game so far? (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4)
    Before December, I would have said S4. After December, I'll say S2.

4. Favorite expansion pack so far? (From any of the games)
    All of them. They all added something worthy to the gameplay.

5. Absolute favorite thing about The Sims 4.
    Build mode.

6. Absolute least favorite thing about The Sims 4.
    Bugs

7. If you could add anything to The Sims 4 (zero limits), what would it be?
    Nothing at the moment, other than a patch to address bugs.

8. Craziest thing you have experienced in The Sims 4?
    There are a lot. It was a fun game.

9. Favorite object in The Sims 4?
    The flyamajig.

10. Best "little thing" about the Sims 4? (I am referring to those little tidbits that make you chuckle)
    There are many. They do really strange things on their own I felt were noteworthy. I can't think of any one particular incident off the top of my head right now though.

11. Favorite Sims memory.
    Not sure what you mean by this. There are no memories in S4.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    edited January 2015
    1. Since December. tehe.gif
    2. Had a little of 2000 and TS3 in the past but I prefer 4 ( all besides 4 were too experienced briefly to consider a notable time length ).
    3. None that I have played, but I do know TS3's Generations EP helped set standards for future games.
    4. Hard choice between building and the weird stuff produced.
    5. The glitches. So many bugs.
    6. Something like TS3's Generations EP to give TS4 a better sense of depth.
    7. Some of the physical glitches like the wrist-snapping.
    8. Chessboard.
    9. The little hip-swaying dance they do when they're mocking someone's outfit, distorting their lips and pointing at the other Sim like a five-year-old. Elders and adults pulling this is gold.
    10. As morbid as it sounds, my first thirty minutes because my very first Sim, who was hated by five different people already died burning to death by failing to cook. This guy just stood over her corpse apathetically and seemed pretty happy the whole time, smiling at her charred remains. That was quite the way to break me into the game. :#
    Post edited by Amot on
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    Since roughly 2000.
    Thats tough because, well, nostalgia. I adored TS2 but I really do enjoy TS4.
    I liked Ambitions from TS3 and Open For Business from TS2.
    CAS - The tools and customisation are exquisite and the choice of clothing and hair isn't limited
    Loading screens if I have to pick something, and small worlds. They don't bother me too much, however. :)
    Crikey! Maybe just Create A Style?
    In all honesty, I'm not very crazy with my sims..the most exciting thing happening in my game was the twin bug. ;)
    I really like some of the rugs in this game!
    9. Best "little thing" about the Sims 4? (I am referring to those little tidbits that make you chuckle)
    The face they pull when they're having their first kiss - they're so shocked!
    I remember when I was a small child and I used to play on the same lot on TS1. The small bungalow that cost almost all of your starter budget. I also remember finally figuring cheats out in TS1 after many many years and buying the mansion..I remember I was in disgust at the children's bedroom colour scheme! B)
    14s9px.gif
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    Since it first came out. I played every sims game.

Sims 4, I don't mind the change. I adapt well! :wink:

Generations and Ambition

There is a great build mode.

The loading screens, obviously!

Toddlers and create a style. I'm not very original.

Ah, the crazy twin glitch. My town is populated with twins.

Easels. I'll cry if they ever get removed, that's how my sims get rich usually.

The kids reaction when they meet the new siblings. They get angry, sad, happy, etc. It's funny.

When I was trying to figure out sims 1 and my kids were getting picked up by the social worker and adults were killed in fires. Fun times.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I'll bite.

1. How long have you been playing The Sims? Closing in on 10 years.
    2. Favorite game so far? (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4) Toss up between 2 and 4. 2 because it was the full package, 4 because I can save my Sims, instead of starting them all over in CAS.
    3. Favorite expansion pack so far? (From any of the games) Easy. ShowTime.
    4. Absolute favorite thing about The Sims 4. I'm enjoying the liveliness of the Sims again.
    5. Absolute least favorite thing about The Sims 4. No TODDLERS and the Baby Objects.
    6. If you could add anything to The Sims 4 (zero limits), what would it be? TODDLERS, do you even have to ask? :P
    7. Craziest thing you have experienced in The Sims 4? The day we got the patch for ghosts, both my Legacy Challenge Founder and his wife died (same day in game, moments apart.)
    8. Favorite object in The Sims 4? Wood burning stove.
    9. Best "little thing" about the Sims 4? (I am referring to those little tidbits that make you chuckle) The 'I waited too long to go potty' walk. :p
    10. Favorite Sims memory. The first time I ran into a ghost in Sims 2, which it happened on Halloween in RL. Cue the scary music Made me jump.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    wingslike_eagleswingslike_eagles Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2015
    @GalacticGal‌ I am afraid the toddler issue is going to be my primary disappointment with The Sims 4, hopefully that will be fixed soon! Love the responses. :)
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Since around September 2007

I didn't play original Sims but Sims 4 so far. I loved both S2 and S3 but I am happy to move on.

World Adventures.

The parent/child interactions and the fact that sim children can be cheeky little brats.

The loading screens. Not that bad on a fast computer but I would prefer less of them.

Family tree with the ages displayed too.

I guess both father and son dying at the same moment. They were both elders who had lived very long lives but Grimmy was busy that night.

The violins. I love the violin playing - but painful in the beginning.

There are so many but a stand out one was my dreadful old patriarch telling the newly arrived and unsure future daughter-in-law that he was a criminal mastermind. It totally freaked her out and was out of character for him.

The first set of twins I had in Sims 2. I loved them so much. They were identical on my low quality monitor. I recreated them in Sims 3 too. Have not yet done it in Sims 4 but may now that I am reminded of them.

PS. I am sure you will love Sims 4. I currently play it on my laptop which is a speedy little beast but ugh, the screen is so small. I can't wait to see what it looks like on my IMac. I just hope EA will do a better job than they did for the Mac on Sims 3.
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2015
    14 years

The sims 2, it was the best sims ever <3

Pets are always my favorite expansion.

I love the cartoony look, it's funny because I hated it, I prefer the realistic graphic but the cartoony was so cute that I think it really suits the sims franchise.

Lack of family stuff.

Toddlers, Toddlers, Toddlers and family tree.

I play my game very vanilla, my sims all die from old age so I haven't experienced anything that crazy.

The stuffed animals. Love the dinosaur.

I love seeing the emotions, specially the playful. I also love the kids in ts4, they're adorable.

My favorite memory would be the first time I had a baby in the sims 1, I was ten/eleven years old and I grew so attached to that baby, I named her Michaela, but I didn't know how to take care of her when she grew up to a child and the social lady came and got her, I cried so much, it's not a good memory, but I will never forget how much I cared for a video game lol
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2015
    m. How long have you been playing The Sims?
    14 years.

3. Favorite game so far? (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4)
    Sims 3 and Sims 4

4. Favorite expansion pack so far? (From any of the games)
    Weather and Pets (no exp yet for sims 4)

5. Absolute favorite thing about The Sims 4.
    Their personality

6. Absolute least favorite thing about The Sims 4.
    teens are ok, but to tall

7. If you could add anything to The Sims 4 (zero limits), what would it be?
    hard to say, a way to delete schools, Most of all CAW, I want

8. Craziest thing you have experienced in The Sims 4?
    the sims are all so crazy with so many things they do.

9. Favorite object in The Sims 4?
    easel and computers.

10. Best "little thing" about the Sims 4? (I am referring to those little tidbits that make you chuckle)
    I guess it is the way they love one another, blowing kisses, hugging their kids.

11. Favorite Sims memory.
    I have so many, but I won't forget in Sims 2, how Darren's 2nd wife died, because the first wife came back as a ghost and scared her to death.
    Sims 3 was when my sim was playing his guitar on the town hall steps and a lot of people were there watching and a meteor hit them and killed them all, it was really sad. whole families died and people came running and crying. One by one the reaper took them.
    Sims 4 when my sims wife was out late and he had gone to bed, when she came in, he got up and hugged and kissed her and they sat and talked. When the daughter came home late and he was in bed, he got up went to her room and just looked at her in bed. Kind of like he was glad now she was safe at home.
    All in all I guess just watching my sims grow and have fun. Loved it when my teen became homeless, best game ever to play, he was making it on his own.
    Plus I have had so man families over the years that I just loved.