Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the verdict on OR?

Is this 'game pack' worth the £14.99/$22.56/€19.52/AU$27.42?

As far as I'm aware the game pack adds:
  • New neighbourhood
  • A couple new interactions (watch the stars etc.)
  • Herbalism skill
  • Two new traits
  • New aspiration

Am I missing anything?
'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
- Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Not neighbourhood. Just a place you can visit from taking time off is all.

I give it a meh rating.
    means its nice to buy
    But... you may stop at moments of your daily duty and feel ripped off.
    But yeah

Depends really.
    I fell asleep first 10 minutes after playing it
  • Options
    carlywycherleycarlywycherley Posts: 568 Member
    EniracY wrote: »

• New neighbourhood
    • Herbalism skill
    • Two new traits
    • New aspiration

Am I missing anything?

New recipes
    New outfits
    New new hair
    New furniture
    New fruits I think
    New bugs
    Plus hints to weather being in next ep as I found under everyday wear outdoor.

So yes I paid £15 and I'm happy I did

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Compared to the Sims: Vacation(On Holiday) and the Sims 2: Bon Voyage it is a nice expansion priced only as a stuff pack even though it is much more.

It is more difficult to compare it to the Sims 3: World Adventures because that EP was very special. But OR is still cheap when they only priced it as a stuff pack. So sure it is more than worth the money - especially also because the Sims 4 for now has way too few game play options without it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2015
    I find it well worth the money and it sets a bar for all the rest of the gps that will follow.
  • Options
    ShannonSimsFanShannonSimsFan Posts: 67 Member
    LGR wrote a good review (as usual). I can't post a link, but just google LGR Outdoor Retreat and it will come up.
    banner_zpsq7jv57ue.png
    Take Me to the Moon: A Sims 4 Legacy-Style Story
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    It adds more stuff to be sure, and that alone might be worth buying it for, just because I usually find it useful to have more stuff in the game...but I'm under no illusion...it won't make the gameplay any better...it'll just add more new stuff for me to use.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think if you are happy with the base game it looks like a great GP. If I loved the base game I'd happily pay the asking price, I think it looks great and adds quite a bit for the money.

I'm just not happy enough with the base game to warrant spending any more money on this game yet. Like throwing good money after bad, not going to happen.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I wonder if the game pack's are the new stuff packs? LGR made it a good point on this. It would be nice if these gp's are the sp's. It's not a bad game pack I've had fun with it so far & in the middle of collection atm.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I think it was definitely worth the $20 I paid for it. Maybe because I am partial to sims going camping, probably because I wouldn't go myself. I do like Granite falls.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I was delighted with the amount of new things we got in this GP. I couldn't be happier with it and I think the pricing is spot on.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    I am very pleased with it, there's a lot of family vacations to come as my sim can't seem to find the plants he needs - or the hermit, or his better half most of the time!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member

• New neighbourhood
    • Herbalism skill
    • Two new traits
    • New aspiration

Am I missing anything?

New recipes
    New outfits
    New new hair
    New furniture
    New fruits I think
    New bugs
    Plus hints to weather being in next ep as I found under everyday wear outdoor.

So yes I paid £15 and I'm happy I did

You realize the outdoor bit in CAS is just short for outdoor retreat right?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like OR very much! In TS3, Supernatural was my favourite EP and alchemy my favourite skill/profession. I'm totally pleased that herbalism is very similar to alchemy - and that the big wood in OR brings me back the Moonlight Falls feeling. Though Granite Falls is not a complete world, the huge public areas let you forget the semi-closed world concept in TS4. And the hermit's garden is one of the most beautiful places in all 4 Sims games.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I think the Game Pack is well worth the $20.00 and I'm extremely pleased with it. It actually included a whole bunch more content than I originally expected. The new hairstyles, clothing, and objects are very nice and I think that Granite Falls is a beautiful vacation destination.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited January 2015
    Overall rating 9/10

Value 10/10 - Compared to SIms 3 stuff packs and content from the Sims 3 store, this pack is an absolute bargain IMO. I thought the SIms 3 store put out some great content, but the price per item was a lot more than what you are paying for content in OR. While the Stuff Packs may have been around the same price, they did not offer as much content and there was no additional game play.

Game Pack Concept 10/10 - I love the idea of adding new game play with a lot of new build/buy and CAS content vs the old Stuff Pack concept. On top of that, I think GF is one of the most beautiful worlds that has ever been released for a Sims game. OR shows the potential that Game Packs can bring to the Sims 4. So many possibilities - I would love to see a carnival/amusement park pack, and maybe a beach themed Game Pack. I'm sure there are a lot of other great possibilities that would be well received. The Sims 3 store venues/worlds were also sometimes limited, because they could not add anything new that was not compatible with the original base game

Gameplay 8/10 - I'm having a lot of fun playing with OR. It definitely adds to the overall gaming experience IMO. There are a few bugs that I hope can be addressed, and a few things I would have liked to have been done differently. I'm still having issues when I invite guests to go camping - they disappear and end up going back to their home world. I would have also liked to have seen more group activities similar to star gazing, where you could have invited sims to join you hiking, fishing, etc. Overall, though, I think the gameplay is pretty solid.
    Post edited by JEREMYSIMS01 on
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2015

• New neighbourhood
    • Herbalism skill
    • Two new traits
    • New aspiration

Am I missing anything?

Lots of new buy/build items and new cabin themed premade rooms.

Lots of new wildlife and insects eg woodpeckers,squirels,bluejays,fireants,eagles etc.

New Music.

Lots of new hairs,hats,clothing and shoes. We even get a new pair of black socks.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I really like this one. I would not have been prepared to pay more for it than I did, so I'm glad I got it. It's my cup of tea and, for £15, it's worth that amount of money in my opinion.
    I love camping in real life too. Sometimes I wish I could transport myself into the game. :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm really enjoying OR, and think it was well worth the price for me, it suits the way I like to play, and herbalist was something I'd wanted for a long time.

As well as new neighbourhood, CAS and build and buy objects it adds new interactionsand Granite Falls is beautiful.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    For the money spent, it has been a well worth purchased addition to my game. I am quite satisfied with the game pack & hope that future game packs are this much of an enjoyment.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    You have more stuff to collect and do nothing with, because the new potions, for the most part, aren't anything that you can't buy in the reward section or with a reward light or sculpture or unlocked item. There are new items to cook but after you cook them so many times you're back to where you were. I do like the furniture items, especially to decorate a boy's room, although I decorate said room and they sleep wherever they want. The hermit-is not a hermit-just a person that will invade your life after you meet "it", could be male, could be female. I bought the GP when it came out and It just hasn't drawn me in as much as I wished it had. Obviously everything about TS4 is completely different for every player. You'll have to make up your own mind unfortunately. You know, after you fork over the money.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I think it's worth the money. It will probably add around 10 hours of new gameplay, before you "do" everything.
    It's nothing major but it definitely fills that 6 month gap between Base Game and First EP.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm having fun with it. You can explore all the areas around the campsites, get scared by bears, itchy from brambles, and get an Inspired moodlet that lasts 6 hours from stargazing. Your sim makes friends quite quickly from stargazing and cloudgazing together. At first I thought there were only 2 fishing sites, but then I discovered 3 more. I also discovered that your sim can place a tent anywhere -- including in Sylvan Glade. The scenery is beautiful. I sent a family camping, and it was really cute seeing the kids roast marshmallows, and listening to their mom's rendition of "I've been working on the railroad." Also, you add landscapes to the types of paintings that your sim can do. Well worth the $20 (+ tax) price tag.
  • Options
    TreycoxTreycox Posts: 79 Member
    I was not impressed. I am waiting for some changes, fixes and/or additions to the actual game play. For $20, I did receive some new content, but it seems like another claustrophobic part of a really small game map that I became bored with in less than an hour.

Don't Hurt Em Hammer